• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Dallas Penn leaving the Combat Jack show? Is that true? If so it seems like a corporate move.

Outside of the Dame interview I haven't listened to Combat in ages. I need to go back and listen to the Roc Marciano interview from last year, among others. I'm glad Combat is doing his thing though. BTW he made an account on The Coli and posted today :eek:

Combat is definitely an "old head" but he clearly likes a lot of new music as well.

Been meaning to listen to the Boosie interview he did. Heard that one was good too.

Cheddahz

Banned
...Final Fantasy Type-0 is finally coming to America

attachment.php

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
New Ab-Soul track today, should be from These Days. If this one doesn't deliver I'll be ready to let go of the last little bit of hope I have for the new album.

Hellion

G-Unit reminds me of Camron saying Jim Jones once came up with the idea of splitting up dipset and act like they are all beefing just so they could profit off a reunion years later. Not saying that's what 50 planned, but the idea of it sounds dumb as hell

lol at anyone thinking Cam is really different. Killa is like Rocky telling Mugsy "Dont get any Ideas." Shiiiiiit is this not around the time cam distanced himself without a call?

I love how Ma$e gets called for a dip reunion before others...How much work did he put in? But the Unit is foul.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DJ Khaled accuses Spurs of cheating hahahahahahhahahahah omg

You think so? Most of the time I listen to Combat Jack the artist are talking about things you normally wouldn't ever hear them talk about on radio stations or Juan epstein. Like the Scarface one was pretty great hearing about him just going nuts over Pink Floyd plus having him play guitar on the podcast. The Foxy Brown one was great too, she was out of her mind on that shit lol.
Like I said, I've only listened to a few episodes, and they were usually controversy-oriented (i.e. Rap Genius), but Combat Jack sounds like he's agreeing even when he disagrees sometimes, if that makes sense.

Juan Epstein has pretty much everything that isn't in a radio interview. Crazy stories, clarifying genre myths, probing for connections you might have never known existed, trawling for information unreleased projects/songs & rare sessions. It's definitely a bit more history/backstory oriented though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Ab-Soul - "Hunnid Stax Ft. ScHoolboy Q"

Sounds like Ab-Soul finally woke up. The Mac Miller hook or sample (whatever it is) is rough, but otherwise I like it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Ab-Soul - "Hunnid Stax Ft. ScHoolboy Q"

Sounds like Ab-Soul finally woke up. The Mac Miller hook or sample (whatever it is) is rough, but otherwise I like it.
This sounds out of Soul's element, stylistically, lyric-wise and atmospherically. Trainwreck. Q's verse is not any better, except for that it has the energy Ab-Soul seems to be trying to deliver but not really. Production is just plain bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So you disagree it's out of Soul's element? Doesn't sound him at all, nor does he have the delivery or swag he does on similar songs like Hell Yeah. Sounds forced almost, especially the bridge. The hook is undeniably bad too, as a sample, and how it's mixed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This sounds out of Soul's element, stylistically, lyric-wise and atmospherically. Trainwreck. Q's verse is not any better, except for that it has the energy Ab-Soul seems to be trying to deliver but not really. Production is just plain bad.

I like it when Ab goes hard. Track Two and Pineal Gland are great tracks. Of course, this isn't even remotely as good as those two. Production, flow and lyrical content are not even close, but this point I'm just glad to hear something that doesn't put me to sleep.

overcast

I really don't know which of the 3 systems I want. If I get one that's it until 2016 (unless WII U gets a drop). Probably end up investing in a PS4 because I typically like the franchises. But Xbox showing was nice, shit Wii U too. Grim Fandango getting a remake is huge. I've always wanted to play that game, finally getting the opportunity.

Soul song is alrighttt.

Detox

How did they trick Nintendo into signing up devils third? That shit does not look interesting at all it's like some college students decided to make a kickstarter.

Cerity

Song sounds like a filler that didn't make the cut for oxy.

Still going to check out the album though, interested to see where soul takes it.

Man, I was really hoping yall were exaggerating about Devil's Third looking so bad, but wow.....
lol at anyone thinking Cam is really different. Killa is like Rocky telling Mugsy "Dont get any Ideas." Shiiiiiit is this not around the time cam distanced himself without a call?

I love how Ma$e gets called for a dip reunion before others...How much work did he put in? But the Unit is foul.

I really don't know where this is coming from

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How did they trick Nintendo into signing up devils third? That shit does not look interesting at all it's like some college students decided to make a kickstarter.

Itagaki was probably like "Yes, I'm totally still cool and awesome with the Hardcore community".

Detox

Disappointed in Destiny thought it would be the game that would make me jump on the new consoles but the core combat loop looks slightly better than borderlands which isn't saying much. All the world building, loot and levelling sounds good but it doesn't make up for poor combat. PVP looks weak no real map control, ads spray get a kill then die in 2 seconds. No chance to pull off clutch plays like halo where you had time to strafe, manage your shields and power weapons to get multiple kills. Don't like the idea of unlocking pvp either and having all your unlocks carry over just tells me they know the core combat is weak so they have to pad it with all that shit.

I think the halo collection will be important in determining the future of that kind of pvp, it seems to be a big experiment where they want to see whether the fanbase prefers the simpler arena combat of the earlier games vs halo 4. Hopefully they'll realise the former is superior.

Disappointed in Destiny thought it would be the game that would make me jump on the new consoles but the core combat loop looks slightly better than borderlands which isn't saying much. All the world building, loot and levelling sounds good but it doesn't make up for poor combat. PVP looks weak no real map control, ads spray get a kill then die in 2 seconds. No chance to pull off clutch plays like halo where you had time to strafe, manage your shields and power weapons to get multiple kills. Don't like the idea of unlocking pvp either and having all your unlocks carry over just tells me they know the core combat is weak so they have to pad it with all that shit.

I think the halo collection will be important in determining the future of that kind of pvp, it seems to be a big experiment where they want to see whether the fanbase prefers the simpler arena combat of the earlier games vs halo 4. Hopefully they'll realise the former is superior.

Yeah, I've been getting Borderland vibes from Destiny the moment I saw gameplay which worries me a lot. I mean cool for those that like Borderlands, but I really don't fuck with the gameplay of that at all. PvP is the area I feel like Bungie does the very best, so for me to see that being pretty weak makes me think it just might not be the game for me especially since I never really cared for what Bungie brought to the table with Halo's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom