• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanman25

Signed copies of These Days... up on TDE bigcartel!

I usually buy all of their signed copies up, but that's because I'm an autograph collector.

Kendrick Lamar, Hip Hop's Newest Old-School Star by New York Times

29lamar1-master675.jpg

Bit of a read, but I will get on it eventually. Kendrick admits to being cheap and being smart with his money instead of wasting racks. Also talks about how the Yeezus tour went.

RP912

Banned

Esch

Banned
hov stan ranking

1. Reasonable Doubt
2/3. The Blueprint
2/3. The Black Album
4. In My Lifetime: Vol. 1
5/6. Volume 2: Hard Knock Life
5/6. The Dynasty: Roc La Familia

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, Fantano was pretty generous to These Days. Seems like Soul was pretty happy with how far his payola got him too.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wow, Fantano was pretty generous to These Days. Seems like Soul was pretty happy with how far his payola got him too.

Bwhahahahaha

You think companies are still buying up rap records in the days when platinum is rarer than virgins in LA? Payola died out around the time people discovered BitTorrent.

IrishNinja

Kendrick being smart about his $ is always good to see
also Purple Rain dropped today a long time back as well, so Hov's in good comapny

Big Ghost just tweeted me back re: the Reasonable Doubt anniversary

xrot.gif

haha he gotta take the bait tho, dude tweets love for jigga nearly every week

hov stan ranking

1. Reasonable Doubt
2/3. The Blueprint
2/3. The Black Album

can't knock these rankings, thing about the lower albums is there's some absolutely classic tracks & some filler (like most hip hop albums), overall i think Jay would prolly need more discs for a true Greatest Hits than even LL had with both All World's.

also it may be nostalgia/where i was at at the time but while i admit RD & Blueprint's superiority/importance, i get mad happy hearing Black Album, it's just a near perfect album by me...think i'm gonna cop that vinyl soon

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
good lord yes. maybe for not as many acts but for the big acts it's definitely happening.

I promise you, that makes absolutely no financial sense in this climate. It made sense when records were going 2x platinum as a matter of course, but no, no company is buying up records when 100k is seen as a success. No company is pushing hard to make Ab Soul a star. There is literally no upside for them and 100 percent downside.

Look at how even Jay had to work a payola scam with Samsung himself. The days of Interscope buying 50k of The Documentary to prime the pump is way, way, way over.

IrishNinja

Oh, facebook is telling me it's ShinobiFist's birthday!

Happy birthday to the GAF-HOPer that started the 'It Was Written > Illmatic' trend

He started Wu Forever over 36 Chambers

much love & happy birf to my man Shinobis! yeah he was great at that, it's reactionary but gets people listening to shit they may've not given an honest shake. he did this with non-OB4CL Raekwon albums too.

Common Nobody's Smiling Cover
Album is gonna be flames Kingdom is my shit.

not sure what i'm hoping for here: dreamer wasn't a bad album, but like Undun it was a certain mood i wasn't often inclined towards. for modern era Com, Be remains the high bar for me.

This is the third Lupe reference in a row. He should now appear in your mirror to warn you about the dangers of eating margarine.

this is equal parts hilarious & terrifying

Ayo, I can get one night stands, but I can't get a girlfriend because girls think I already have one and I am trying to make them my side chick.

Not really a rant, but this has been ongoing I swear for like the past 6 months and I think it is hilarious

Esch

Banned
trolling aside, des is probably a great dad. look at how dude immediately got a new job, turned shit around and got out of the funk he was in. dude's clearly rising to the challenge. can you say that about the majority of young dads out there?

:bow :bow2

Blueprint never really caught my attention like it did for everyone else... Always much more of a fan of Black Album.

Blueprint 2 really had better songs than the first one. I do think if you were to just take 13 songs from 2, you would end up with a better project than the first Blueprint.
trolling aside, des is probably a great dad. look at how dude immediately got a new job, turned shit around and got out of the funk he was in. dude's clearly rising to the challenge. can you say that about the majority of young dads out there?

Yup, proud of that dude
DEAD @ Ab-Soul like DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO GET DP'd?!

And Yee like "...double penetration?"
Yeah, that shit had me fucking rolling. His reaction was funny as hell.

Des put it together better than 99% of people would. I mean I'm too lazy to feed my dog on time most nights.

naw

1. TBA
2. BP
3. RD

and I still think that RD is better than Cuban Linx as far as mafioso albums go

Blueprint 2 really had better songs than the first one. I do think if you were to just take 13 songs from 2, you would end up with a better project than the first Blueprint.
Jay already tried that shit with Blueprint 2.1, and it still sucks

yeah Mufasa seems like the kinda dude to make a thread like that, can't ever tell if he's trollin or not
I'm sure he is trolling just a little bit, but I love his threads. Crack me up to see how many people he piss off
1. TBA
2. BP
3. RD

and I still think that RD is better than Cuban Linx as far as mafioso albums go

Jay already tried that shit with Blueprint 2.1, and it still sucks

That's true, I forgot about that project, but I meant more like you listen to it and take 13 tracks. Not jay haha

Omzz

hov stan ranking

1. Reasonable Doubt
2/3. The Blueprint
2/3. The Black Album

i actually dont know how reasonable doubt can be anything else but 1

not sure what i'm hoping for here: dreamer wasn't a bad album, but like Undun it was a certain mood i wasn't often inclined towards. for modern era Com, Be remains the high bar for me.

I think it'll be good he's inspired by what's been happening in Chicago he's got Lil Herb and a couple of other drill artists on the album as well.

IrishNinja

I think it'll be good he's inspired by what's been happening in Chicago he's got Lil Herb and a couple of other drill artists on the album as well.

not as familiar with them but here's to hoping. again Dreamer wasn't even a bad album by me, just couldn't get into it too often

dope, i love when we get pieces like this

Nas' management needs to upload high quality videos of this show or a different one with the orchestra.

honestly it might seem like milking it after the 20th anniversary re-release but i hope we get a recording of these orchestral renditions, be a damn shame if we didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom