• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
But I was shocked at how well thought out the piece was. He has more perspective on what he's doing than I imagined.

You right. Minor W for the whale.

I mean think about it, if you're Wale how much hate mail, forum posts, tweets, facebook, youtube comments do you get breaking down your psyche or your style or music or whatever. He receives more vicious pointed criticism than any other relevant rapper outside of Jigga or Drake probably, for whatever reason. People call him trash just cause (he's not). How could he not have perspective?

Jay elec is like that one kid in school who said he could whoop everyone's ass but never got in any fights.

Show and prove jay. Dropping good songs isn't the same as crafting a great album.

BsCYXCmCQAAGMDU.jpg

Brehs this is the second time this month that I've had a boner strictly from anticipated fuckery, only to watch it deflate. When I heard about Meek dissing Wale I just knew Wale would respond in writing, on scented lavender paper in cursive no doubt. I sat through a work meeting just imagining Olubowale Victor Akintimehin sitting alone in a three star hotel, the bed covered in incomplete love letters and postage returned happy mother's day cards, drinking some powdered hot cocoa with mini marshmallows through a straw.

And lo and behold he did. But...that post is actually well written, and he sounds too much like me for me to snap on him. He defended himself by pretty much saying "hey, I'm a regular guy. I take Ls and pay bills like anyone else. I don't pretend to be anything else." I feel like that letter has made me kindred spirits with Wale, like I could walk up to him, hand him a packet of Gushers, and just chill while lamenting Wells Fargo student loans.

PBY

Banned
Brehs this is the second time this month that I've had a boner strictly from anticipated fuckery, only to watch it deflate. When I heard about Meek dissing Wale I just knew Wale would respond in writing, on scented lavender paper in cursive no doubt. I sat through a work meeting just imagining Olubowale Victor Akintimehin sitting alone in a three star hotel, the bed covered in incomplete love letters and postage returned happy mother's day cards, drinking some powdered hot cocoa with mini marshmallows through a straw.

And lo and behold he did. But...that post is actually well written, and he sounds too much like me for me to snap on him. He defended himself by pretty much saying "hey, I'm a regular guy. I take Ls and pay bills like anyone else. I don't pretend to be anything else." I feel like that letter has made me kindred spirits with Wale, like I could walk up to him, hand him a packet of Gushers, and just chill while lamenting Wells Fargo student loans.
Really takes away any zing a diss has when you're like "hey man were all fake tough guys rapping about ridiculous shit".

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It made me feel kinda bad for being part of the collective hatred towards the dude, not that my voice makes any difference whatsoever. Seems like an alright dude, there's people far more deserving of that negativity. Not a huge fan of his music but I liked some tracks off of Ambition.

Cudder

that new Wolves in the Throne Room sounds like it should be played in the background of a BBC nature documentary with David Attenborough narrating. Cool stuff, but each track is so light on things going on and indiscernible, they're hard to differentiate. I wonder how their fanbase took to this release.

Esch

Banned
that new Wolves in the Throne Room sounds like it should be played in the background of a BBC nature documentary with David Attenborough narrating. Cool stuff, but each track is so light on things going on and indiscernible, they're hard to differentiate. I wonder how their fanbase took to this release.

I ne'er cared too much for the Ulver/Agalloch/WitTR lane but i think you might also like Nachtmystium alot.

thabiz

love it

Cudder

I ne'er cared too much for the Ulver/Agalloch/WitTR lane but i think you might also like Nachtmystium alot.

I really dig Agalloch, saw them in concert a few days ago, pretty great live show. And on my quest to find similar music to Agalloch I just got Ulver's Bergtatt off iTunes today and listened to it.

Even though I love metal there is such a shitload of genres and bands that I haven't even begun digging into. I have Silencing Machine but don't remember getting beyond an initial listen. Black metal in general is pretty new to me as I've pretty much stayed in familiar death/melo-death waters.

Esch

Banned
I really dig Agalloch, saw them in concert a few days ago, pretty great live show. And on my quest to find similar music to Agalloch I just got Ulver's Bergtatt off iTunes today and listened to it.

Even though I love metal there is such a shitload of genres and bands that I haven't even begun digging into. I have Silencing Machine but don't remember getting beyond an initial listen. Black metal in general is pretty new to me as I've pretty much stayed in familiar death/melo-death waters.
You should listen to the Summoning and Bathory discographies immediately if you can. You started with the hipster shit, now it's time for the classics :lawd

Cudder

You should listen to the Summoning and Bathory discographies immediately if you can. You started with the hipster shit, now it's time for the classics :lawd

Was into Bathory when they did the whole Nordland viking/folk stint. Good stuff.

Esch

Banned
Was into Bathory when they did the whole Nordland viking/folk stint. Good stuff.
I think you might also like Enslaved. I think their early stuff is amazing but you might want to start from their 2005 (?) album and work backwards.

CRS

Good, fuck Brazil. No sympathy.

Now I just need Argentina to win it all and I'll be content with the results.

Julio Cesar should probably invest in a safe house and if I was the Germany fans, I would leave before the game ends.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all trippin' about that Common. It's super nice, and Big Sean added to the track in a positive way. Really unique song, from the structure to the beat.

Esch

Banned
Brazilian policemen shook as fuck right now. Calling their wives to day they love them, texting their daughters to stay inside and cover the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom