• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheddahz, you should post the thread in the regular OT for some exposure before getting sent back to the Underworld.

With the god's, Mumei, permission of course.

Also, the beginning of the U-God fiasco.
the u-god hate in there makes me
failfish.png
he may not be the greatest wu member, but he has dropped a lot of dope verses. and his 1st album/last two are mad dope. he killed it on Wu Tang Forever too, only reason he was barely on 36 chambers was because he was locked up lmao

the dudes breakdown in that thread was still funny though

yall sleeping on these:
1350445624_u-god_dopium.jpg

U-God_Keynote_Speaker.jpg

just stay the fuck away from his wack ass album that has that horrible ass "bump" song

Grzi

This DITC/Skeltah/Clik talk had me going through all that shit last night again. Man I used to love Jesus Price Supastar and Word...Life expecially

You ever listened to O.C.'s album Starchild? IIRC it was released in Japan only, shit was incredible, amazing production.

Esch

Banned
I think we're all willing to concede that Dopium is in that 3rd tier of Wu Tang work. Not top tier, not Uncontrolled Substance tier, but just right below that. Right below.
You ever listened to O.C.'s album Starchild? IIRC it was released in Japan only, shit was incredible, amazing production.
I have not but I will.

:dead:

Also

Saying you (blank) mics from USA to (distant country)
Catching wreck
Referencing playing cee-lo
Rhyming things with eternal and internal

referencing "mental state", "the mental" or "my mentality"
talking about their pager
and having a sex skit (RIP to the legends, but Biggie and Pun, I'm not trying to hear y'all have sex)

PlayDat

This DITC/Skeltah/Clik talk had me going through all that shit last night again. Man I used to love Jesus Price Supastar and Word...Life expecially

GTA3 was my introduction to Sean Price. I fucked with Mic Tyson heavy. I really should seek out his older stuff.

Esch

Banned
referencing "mental state", "the mental" or "my mentality"
talking about their pager
and having a sex skit (RIP to the legends, but Biggie and Pun, I'm not trying to hear y'all have sex)
Mindstate >>> my mental

Referring to yourself as a shorty

Overusing and mispronouncing the word peripheral

Talking about your environment

I think we're all willing to concede that Dopium is in that 3rd tier of Wu Tang work. Not top tier, not Uncontrolled Substance tier, but just right below that. Right below.

I have not but I will.

the wu got so much dope joints that most of their tiers have dope shit. here's my wu tier list from the albums that I've heard. y'all can behead me later
tumblr_lmh3uwKanM1qzu5tto1_500.jpg
:

top tier (classic):
Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Wu-Tang Forever
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
GZA - Liquid Swords
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

2nd tier (extremely dope):
The W
Method Man - Tical
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version
Method Man - Tical 2000: Judgement Day
GZA - Beneath the Surface
RZA - Bobby Digital in Stereo
Ghostface Killah - Bulletproof Wallets (OG Bootleg version)
Masta Killa - No Said Date
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Ghostface Killah - More Fish
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II
Ghostface Killah & Apollo Brown - Twelve Reasons to Die: The Brown Tape

3rd tier (great):
Cappadonna - The Pillage
Ghostface Killah - The Pretty Toney Album
GZA & DJ Muggs - Grandmasters
Inspectah Deck - The Resident Patient
Method Man - 4:21... The Day After
U-God - Dopium
Ghostface Killah - Apollo Kids
Raekwon - Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang
Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - Twelve Reasons to Die
U-God - The Keynote Speaker

4th tier (album has a lot of good tracks, but the album also has a few wack tracks... but still good for the most part):
Iron Flag
8 Diagrams
Chamber Music
Inspectah Deck - Uncontrolled Substance
RZA - Digital Bullet
Ghostface Killah - Bulletproof Wallets (Retail version)
RZA - Birth of a Prince
Masta Killa - Made in Brooklyn
Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab
Ghostface Killah - Ghostdini: Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City
Meth, Ghost & Rae - Wu-Massacre
Masta Killa - Selling My Soul

Meh tier (AKA the "I'd rather listen to something else" tier):
U-God - Golden Arms Redemption
Raekwon - Immobilarity (if this had better production it would jump up a few tiers)
GZA - Legend of the Liquid Sword
Inspectah Deck - The Movement
Method Man - Tical 0: The Prequel (lead single with Busta was dope as fuck though)

Wack tier (these albums are trash, stay the fuck away):
ODB - N*gga Please
Raekwon - The Lex Diamond Story
U-God - Mr. Xcitement
Inspectah Deck - Manifesto

woo i need a breather. this is only including the group albums & the albums of the 9 core members (and cappadonna because his 1st album is dope, never heard his others though). also, shout outs to Killarmy & Sunz of Man

codhand

Word Life was a classic, if you knew about it to begin with that is.
OC's second album isn't that bad, just not nearly as good.
Diamond D's second album, same thing as OC.

I give the nod to this one as my all-time favorite DITC related album tho

showbizag~~_runawaysl_101b.jpg

I still listen to this one.

codhand

Prince Paul GOAT skit producer.

I'm listening to Beats,Rhymes and Life and I can't believe people actually hated on this when it first came out shit is dope.

i dunno that first time you hear that corny Faith Evans shit and those not there yet Dilla beats, hard to put it on over the rest of their catalog. good tracks, but their first three outings were stone cold classics; a victim of their own success.

that and Love Movement just have too many weak ass tracks for me to wanna listen start to finish.

Emperor I mostly agree with your list, but take issue on that ODB album N Please, which is a great party / pre-game album, even if the Neptunes production ages like guacamole on a hot day.

also these are classics, ipso facto

Method Man - Tical
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers

IrishNinja

History's been kinder to beats rhymes, and those Wu tiers mostly seem solid but ODBs return to 36 is top tier for me,and I still play Tical Defense Force around here

Esch

Banned
I gotta say Hand It Down has one of the worst skits. Just Pain in Da Ass talking real corny about how great Jay-Z is, and then leading into a Memphis Bleek only intro. Horrible idea. Even if he did kinda kill that shit.

PlayDat

You were on the right path. it's Roc Marciano - Sweet Nothings.

Thanks breh. Wikipedia says the Marciano track was produced by him, but the tag on the Nitty song says it's by Moss. Maybe the sample added to the beginning of Sweet Nothings warrants changing who gets credit? Either way someone got Caco'd.

mooooose

ugod really isnt horrible and is mostly hindered by the fact that he has a lame voice, old man delivery, being in a crew of GOATs while just being ok, and being just a general cornball

hes always just sounded like an old ass man

also hes got the worst name in wu besides masta killa maybe

ugod really isnt horrible and is mostly hindered by the fact that he has a lame voice, old man delivery, being in a crew of GOATs while just being ok, and being just a general cornball

hes always just sounded like an old ass man

also hes got the worst name in wu besides masta killa maybe

At least Masta Killa fits the whole Kung-Fu flick thing Wu-Tang had going. U-God was always this strange outlier.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HiResDes, have you listened to the new Nell tape? I know you're like the one other dude in here who's into his shit. It's about what you'd expect...production is a little budget and he doesn't try anything new, but he's still fire on pretty much every track. A step down from Vice City but probably worth your time. Dude has so much energy, he can carry even mediocre beats with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom