• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

6Pn13Yz.gif

http://instagram.com/p/sLF_6xj4kK/

Detox

My bad I just checked the vid quickly to see if it was an old or new interview and didn't see it on the mic when its focused on mike then I went on melyssas's interview same thing. It was an easy way for me to tell if they were just reuploading an old interview.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How does he feel about gun rights ?

From a different article:

This Is Killer Mike. I joined the NRA as a Public display that WE as BLACKS can use that organization to "Protect" our 2cd amendment rights also. I think it be more important to stop blacks from joining the 700 club but, I digress. Here is why i joined.
My Father was a Cop. He taught me Gun Safety and has in his life been a member also. It's about using every resource available at your disposal to ensure we can have the full American Experience. The NRA offers many classes on Gun safety and gun owner responsibility and rights. These are things all Gun owners need to know. In short their practicality for advancing safe gun ownership and rights out weigh their political stance because Black NEED that knowledge in the NOW.

WE HAVE NO BLACK NRA and until we do i will continue to use the organization that my white counter parts use to "Protect" them against law makers infringing upon 2cd Amendment rights. I hunt and Fish. I shot with my father and wife. My kids will begin shooting this year. I am glad that I have an organization that has programs and classes for all of us to use at our disposal.

Malcolm has a grand idea and I will be asking my black friends to join me in organizing a shooting club.

Salute and Love.

He's essentially echoing what Huey Newton and Malcolm X said, about possessing Guns to patrol the neighborhoods as an intimidation factor so that Cops would stop brutalizing them. Interestingly enough, that's one of the primary reasons why Gun control was pushed forward in California, to stop the Black Panthers from doing just that. Also crazily enough, the NRA was part of crafting those laws back in the day, (So was Reagan).

I dislike his gun views but I agree 100% that black people should begin registering and acquiring legal guns. I want to see black people expose the hypocrisy of 2nd amendment fanatics. Go look up the Mulford Act.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
American gun culture just puzzles me, and that includes the 2nd amendment itself. People flip their shit when the right comes into question, but that same right helps drive that nasty gun culture and inevitable escalation IMO. I don't see it as being healthy the way it is.

I dislike his gun views but I agree 100% that black people should begin registering and acquiring legal guns. I want to see black people expose the hypocrisy of 2nd amendment fanatics. Go look up the Mulford Act.

Gotta agree. It's pretty sad that one of the quickest ways to push for more reasonable gun laws is to have the black community embrace the current set up to the fullest.

I honestly don't know how I feel about Gun laws anymore. I don't really feel the laws will affect much if the culture surrounding Guns and violence is bullshit. I do think nothing will make that conversation happen quicker than if minorities started purchasing and owning guns legally and starting similar NRA organizations though.

I'm on the fence since I love to go shooting with my buddies, but I'd deal with it if it helps stop all these bullshit shooting if you take it away from civilians.

Learn Martial arts or something, My background is Jeet Kune Do, amateur wrestling and Muay Thai did a lot for me defending myself than a gun ever could. One helps me get out of a fight, the other sends me up a river.

People just seem to not really respect the impact of having a gun and know the responsibility of having one.

It doesn't help that there are a lot of people out there hoping they get to use their gun. Dudes like this live their lives in perpetual wish a nigga would mode. The same type of guy who reads stories like that and comes on GAF to post about how they would drop anyone who enters their home without second though. No remorse, no regret. Material possessions over human lives. Happens in every shooting thread, like this one taken at random. Posters in this thread:

I break into your house, punch your wife, kick your son in the head, then start running with a couple of your possessions. As soon as I turn my back to flee are you going to say "whelp, he is fleeing and I'm not in danger so it's best to let him go".

Concoct absurd home invasion scenarios to justify a lust for violence.

Lets be honest here, the lives in question aren't worth very much. Not all life is valuable, especially when they willing invade a person's home to steal their possessions. This might have been an extreme reaction, but I won't be losing and sleep here unless an investigation shows something else happened to place blame on the home owner. Don't fucking break into peoples homes, it isn't hard.

Value material possessions more than human lives.

Can't really argue with the logic here. Play with fire and you might get burnt.

I'm not suggesting what the old man did was right but she certainly wasn't doing herself any favours from the get go.

... seriously, who the fuck decides to steal from others whilst pregnant?

Ignore structural conditions that push people toward crime in order to wash away a literal murder.

That's not the point. It doesn't matter if it's justified or not, it was an obvious high-risk situation that she voluntarily put herself in. Just because it was wrong to murder her doesn't mean she wasn't also incredibly stupid and partially at fault. Both sides can be wrong.

Blame a murder victim for having committed a crime.

Sadly, posts like these are the majority. Of course if you asked any of these people if a 15 year old in Syria should lose his hand for stealing from a grocery store they would scream and shout about human rights violations. Meanwhile theft is defacto punishable by death in America according to large swaths of personal opinions. Not to mention the way many of these cases play out in court.

It doesn't help that there are a lot of people out there hoping they get to use their gun. Dudes like this live their lives in perpetual wish a nigga would mode. The same type of guy who reads stories like that and comes on GAF to post about how they would drop anyone who enters their home without second though. No remorse, no regret. Material possessions over human lives. Happens in every shooting thread, like this one taken at random. Posters in this thread:

Idk if there's lots of folks hoping for it. Idk, if we use GAF to judge the human race as a whole we're fucked.

But I agree those people don't help the argument they're trying to make.

Esch

Banned
America and guns are inextricably linked. I'm not sure about a lot of things in this country, but that one is one of them.

Who knows, maybe we'll make it work. Like Switzerland.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Guns are pretty dope to shoot on ranges and stuff. The idea and legal use/practice of guns are great and fun. Idiots getting ahold of them and misusing and not respecting the tool are fools.

It's not as good as his older stuff imo. This new EP is gonna be fire though.
Yeah, all his latest songs he just been putting out have been crazy good. Just made me think maybe I missed something in his last project
I ran across this today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2cQSPRTdhg

apFx4be.png

I'm far from a music content critic/Tipper Gore Nicca...but jesus. Teens rapping about molly and condoms now huh.
*shrugs* I was introduced to that stuff at 11/12 so not that surprising to me
I didn't know there was a video for this. This is what Mike WiLL is putting all his effort into now?

SMH
Shit is all over the radio so yea. can't be an L for him

Esch

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

that video's like the explicit, better funded version of all those Rebecca Black Ark Music Factory type joints.

be horrible parents, brehs

Esch

Banned
Speaking of that IG, I had a religious Spitta experience today brehs. Here in the lou its like 95 degrees + humidity out the ass. It is right next to the mississippi. I'm feeling like a run, because sometimes I like to try submitting myself to something stupid once in a while. I figure 8 miles, why not. I rarely play Spitta when I work out, and I decided to while i kept a brisk pace through neighborhoods. It set the perfect soundtrack brehs. You ever been in a situation like that where music perfectly fits everything? Mood, environment, company. It just hits all those spots simultaneously? I ran most of Covert Coup. It was brilliant, brehs. Smouldering heat and those wavy alc beats just ran through me in the most #blessed way possible. 1 part motivationals. 1 part swag raps and a bouquet garni of some grime and grit. There was a point somewhere where I was feeling tired and I almost turned back then Full Metal hit. Wow, just wow. That beat is so amazing, it could have been on the Prince of Egypt soundtrack. I Something in my dehydrated brain almost convinced me that it was better than Pilot Talk. I was almost there, like the first time i dropped LSD and almost began to believe in God. But nah. Still a classic, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom