• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Poll: Would you pay $300 for a PSP?

ElyrionX

Ok, ASSUMING that the PSP launched at $300 (no difference from $299.99, let's not get anal), how many of you would pick it up at that price? Keep it simple here with a Yes or No. And lets try to keep the discussions to a minimal.

And don't give crap answers like "Yes, if I had the money" because that means NO. If you don't have the money, it obviously is a NO. I'm talking about you actually paying $300 for the PSP.

Yes or No?

I'll start the ball rolling:

No.

xsarien

daedsiluap
$300? It'd have to have the best game in the history of video games at launch for me to shell out that much for a portable.

I'll wait for the first price drop.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
no good can come of this... and besides, there's already a thread in which this topic is being discussed.

Kon Tiki

Banned
No. That is $386.762 CAD. Not to say that I would not own one, I do own all three consoles despite not buying one at launch.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Nope.

Reason: Once you get some games, you'll be closer to $400. Not to mention there doesn't seem to be any compelling content at the moment.

Yes, but I'm an idiot and I do stuff like buy multiple consoles just to play imports. And I collect arcade games. Not exactly your average consumer.

The really sucky thing is, it'll probably cost more like $400 to import a Japanese one when they first come out.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Yes, especially if it offers some kind of internet browsing capability. Better yet, if there is a kit for homebrew software much like the Linux kit (although as a developer I'll probably get a devkit anyway).

No.

I bought an Xbox (Japanese) at launch for $400 because I really, really wanted to play Jet Set Radio Future. Too late did I learn: NO ONE GAME IS WORTH BUYING A SYSTEM FOR.

SaitoH

I won't pay $150 US for a DS, so there is no way I'll pay $300 for a PSP. I don't use portables enough to warrent that kind of cost.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'm all on the DS, but won't pay for it. Makes the perfect Xmas gift IMO.

Razoric

Banned
Deku Tree said:
It depends on the games, but probably no. I'd rather just hold out and hope that Sony releases a PSP player for my TV.

Judging from the list of current games... they have, it's called a PS2.

JackFrost2012 said:
No.

I bought an Xbox (Japanese) at launch for $400 because I really, really wanted to play Jet Set Radio Future. Too late did I learn: NO ONE GAME IS WORTH BUYING A SYSTEM FOR.

Not even TECHNIC CUTE?? C'monnnnn...

I did practically the same thing with JSRF, though not quite as early as you. It's still by far my favorite and most-played game on the console, years later. :\

RuGalz

Depends on the launch titles. But most likely yes.

Definately picking it up IF it doesn't have country lock, but we know that's not possible. :D

Top Bottom