• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFHL Versus League - NHL 13 GM Connected (x360)

gg's earlier to ACES, I got 2 wins off him in a home and home series

1st game he jumped all over me like everyone has and got out to a 2 goal lead which he took to the 3rd. Chuck Kobesew had 1 of his goals where he sniped Bryz top shelf. 3rd period my guys came alive and equalized off some good forechecking. Took it to OT where I've been snakebitten so far this but had a rush where everyone backed off Tyler Seguin and he fired a wicked snapshot for the winner.

2nd game I jumped out to an early lead with Nathan Horton sneaking into the slot off of a turnover for a slapshot on-timer. Soon after some goon on ACES team retaliated and slew footed him behind the play and now he's out 11 games, my 1st big injury of the year. We got another goal from Seguin who has been white hot. Aces fought hard and got a goal back late in the 3rd, but the real story was Bryzgalov who stood on his head and kept everything else out including this crazy stick save on a seemingly open net. Big 4 point night against ACES's stacked Dallas team.

Need to try to get games with with Foreign Jackass (COL) and Coldplay (SJ) to finish out my week of all human vs human games. I'll be around all tomorrow and Sunday evening if you guys are around.

MacAttack

Rinse- id like to get our game in tonight. I'Il be playing EASHL later (sometime after 11:00) but I'll cut out if you can get on and want to play.

Unlikely I'll be on at all tomorrow.

Good game with ACES11, he completely dominated the attack and deservedly won 4-0, surprised it wasn't more tbh!

Anyone need Philly, I'm around tomorrow.

seems like coldplay is on everyones list this week

i have COL and SJ left, im not chasing yall dudes down I've asked a few times and got ignored or got the run around, im avail for the next couple hrs or early afternoon and late evening tomorrow if you both are not afraid to tango, otherwise I dont even care if they get simmed...

Rinse and Raven, I will be home from work Sunday at around 5:30 but I have to go out again around 6:30 until 10:00. If either of you can play please let me know!

Socreges

Banned
Foreign Jackass hasn't even been online in 6 days.

He's probably dead.

Can't complain. My victory chances only get better when the CPU takes over.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
SIMs done. I have Jets, Rangers, Flames, Colorado, NJ, and Nashville. Lots of games, jesus.

I have Pitt, Jersey, St Louis, Pitt, Ottawa, Carolina

Oh god, 2 games against Pitt :|

At least I went 2-0 in the simmed games this session lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
STL, LA (2x), ANA, SJ.

Phthisis (2x!), MacAttack, Viz! Let me know when. I'll probably be on around 10pm PST tmrw/daily? Maybe earlier.

Phthisis

Montreal, St. Louis x2, Calgary, LA, NYI

Red, Schuey, Viz x2, Phthisis

Can play tonight.

Same. You around right now? I'll jump on.

Smiley90 said:
Phthisis (2x!), MacAttack, Viz! Let me know when. I'll probably be on around 10pm PST tmrw/daily? Maybe earlier.

Ditto for you. You around right now? I'm online.

My gamertag is Justegarde.

theRizzle

Got 8 games, but only 3 against human teams. :(

So I got Schuey, Aces and Foreign Jackass. The only night I can't play is Wednesday.

Stat!

Red_Man, can you update the post on all the GMs? I play Detroit and San Jose this week and don't know who they are on Gaf.

Detroit, Blinding (Carolina), San Jose, and Chicago (Rizzle). My GT is ACES11. I can play any night but tonight (I might be on late).

EDIT: Detroit is Cake Boss. Who is San Jose? Coldplay's GAF name is?

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Hey guys. I just sent join invitations for Buffalo in both the sim and versus GAF leagues.

My GT is TheAvaholic.

So, uh, yeah. Let's play some hockey.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Current injuries:

Benn:1 game left out of 10
Andrew McDonald: 33 games
Gorges: 3 Games
Kris Russell: 21 Games

Seems like injuries need to be toned down a bit. I hope aquiring Halak can turn things around for me.

Red_Man

Red_Man, can you update the post on all the GMs? I play Detroit and San Jose this week and don't know who they are on Gaf.

Detroit, Blinding (Carolina), San Jose, and Chicago (Rizzle). My GT is ACES11. I can play any night but tonight (I might be on late).

EDIT: Detroit is Cake Boss. Who is San Jose? Coldplay's GAF name is?
No one is San Jose, Cake Boss just joined as Detroit last week, and I forgot to add him, will do now.

Hey guys. I just sent join invitations for Buffalo in both the sim and versus GAF leagues.

My GT is TheAvaholic.

So, uh, yeah. Let's play some hockey.
I'll add you today, I had a bunch of requests sent to me yesterday and assumed they were all randoms.

For anyone that has to play Montreal, I should be available tonight.

Stat!

No one is San Jose, Cake Boss just joined as Detroit last week, and I forgot to add him, will do now.

Someone is definitely San Jose. It tells me San Jose is a user team and under league members San Jose's GM's gamertag is Coldplay619.

At least for me.

theRizzle

That was a real tight game for the first two periods, but then Reimer remembered that he is a backup goalie. I can't really complain too much because he has been real good for me this season up until now. Still can't wait to get Varlamov back though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
GG Cake Boss. My 2nd goal was garbage, but your high-stick goal then barrellng into Halak was worse, :lol.

I need to work on players getting past my D on the outside. Your guys were always so fast and would just skate around them on the outside.

Cake Boss

Banned
lol that game was full of weird ass goals.

Fucking Jason Laderpa has been fucking me in the last couple of games. Bernier can't come back soon enough.

One thing I suggest is changing your d strategy to a 1-3-1, so if your 3 guys get beat there is one player back there.

Red_Man

GG Rizzle. Halak was huge! Glad that I don't have Neimi anymore.
Good to hear he's working out for you man, our next game should be more even :lol

Someone is definitely San Jose. It tells me San Jose is a user team and under league members San Jose's GM's gamertag is Coldplay619.

At least for me.
I didn't realize he took them, I'll update the OP after my game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
lol that game was full of weird ass goals.

Fucking Jason Laderpa has been fucking me in the last couple of games. Bernier can't come back soon enough.

One thing I suggest is changing your d strategy to a 1-3-1, so if your 3 guys get beat there is one player back there.

Thanks for the tip.

Red_Man

GG's Rev, you've been the most difficult to play against defensively so far. 2nd game ends in OT weird backhand goal from Spezza, and your goalie way out of position :lol

Just a tip for those who may just be starting, or haven't played Versus much, you should figure out the different strategies for your team and what not. It can make a huge difference on where you're guys are and how they respond to your play style.

Cake Boss

Banned
God damn Aces exposed my team hard, my poor descions with the puck didn't help either.

:lol at that goal, Jason Laderpa at his best.

Stat!

Nice game Rizzle. You played well and stopped me.

But rant time: I really liked how you scored on the penalty shot by going backwards with the puck on your game winning goal. I don't mind losing but having twice as much time on attack and getting two goals (one a rebound off a lucky mid-air deflection to keep the puck in and a second that should never have counted) makes me a bit bitter.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136436761

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Is anybody on right now? I have an hour to kill before class.

I'm Buffalo. I need to play San Jose, Anaheim and Philadelphia (twice).

MacAttack

Is anybody on right now? I have an hour to kill before class.

I'm Buffalo. I need to play San Jose, Anaheim and Philadelphia (twice).
I'm Anaheim and have a game lined up with Pthisis after MNF. If anyone (CBJ or BUF) wants to get a game in after that I will probably be on.

Whoever needs to play the Avs, I'm here till the wee hours.

Fuck, I thought the league advanced only on tuesdays. Looks like a lot of my games got simmed.

Red_Man

I've got to play you Foreign, my GT is LegitMASTERGING I'll play you later tonight if you're still on.

Top Bottom