• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFHL Versus League - NHL 13 GM Connected (x360)

Socreges

Banned
Ggs Viz. Got away from my game at the end there. Should've kept things tight. The only reason I was able to compete

By the way, guys, we went several rounds in a SO in our first game and this is how I ultimately lost:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136482859

I'm guessing it was ruled that the puck went backwards, but it sure didn't look like it. I don't think that'd ever get called back in real life. Either way, that was a fun game. I'll take the point.

MacAttack

Just played Ducky and he handed the Ducks a 4-1 loss. It got out of hand in the third with Datsyuks second top shelf snipe past Mike Smith. At the other end Nik Backstrom turned away 27 of 28 shots only letting a fluke backhand from the point sneak by.

GG bro.

West Coast GAF, it's getting late and I'm getting tired. I'll give it another half hour before I'm out for the night.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just played Ducky and he handed the Ducks a 4-1 loss. It got out of hand the third with Datsyuks second top shelf snipe past Mike Smith. At the other end Nik Backstrom turned away 27 of 28 shots only letting a flukes backhand from the point sneak by.

GG bro.

West Coast GAF, it's getting late and I'm getting tired. I'll give it another half hour before I'm out for the night.

I think I'll only be on in an hour or so :/ maybe tomorrow, sorry.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hey red, take me out of the VS league, I have no time to play :(
Alright man will do, if time frees up you can re-join.

Also a general notice for the entire league, I'm going to move the schedule forward every Thursday and Sunday from now on to speed things up. If that proves too hectic then I'll move it back.

Smiley90

Won my first game against Phthisis because JVR missed the empty net :lol

Round 2!

Ggs Viz. Got away from my game at the end there. Should've kept things tight. The only reason I was able to compete

By the way, guys, we went several rounds in a SO in our first game and this is how I ultimately lost:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136482859

I'm guessing it was ruled that the puck went backwards, but it sure didn't look like it. I don't think that'd ever get called back in real life. Either way, that was a fun game. I'll take the point.

gg's Soc, you played me tough. 1st game was dead even, good defense from both sides and some ridiculous shootout goals. The whistle blew on the last one because the game recognized that the puck stopped moving forward for just an instant, your guy came to a stop (i saw the snow kick up from his skate blades). No way a real ref blows that dead, tough break.

2nd game I did a little more of what I wanted. It was a careless giveaway that led to your 1st goal and then I came out an barraged you in the 3rd period and stepped up the forecheck and pressure and got 3 quick goals out of it that pretty much buried you until you got a fluky wide angle goal in garbage time.

Alright man will do, if time frees up you can re-join.

Also a general notice for the entire league, I'm going to move the schedule forward every Thursday and Sunday from now on to speed things up. If that proves too hectic then I'll move it back.

I don't know Red, that seems a bit much to ask. That gives people only 3 or 4 days to play all their games??? Each week I've had at least 4 games, had 5 last week and you keep letting people join making for more games to be played. I really think you should you should reconsider. Sunday to Sunday seems just right to me, not sure if anyone else wants to chime in with their thoughts, but I'll go along with whatever we are doing, I just might not be able to link up for probably half of my games each week...

Smiley90

Holy shit Mac, your D hits hard. Got brutally outplayed physically, most of your hits threw my players down and you were able to score two. Then I was able to deal with it better (while still getting brutally outhit) and then on the third period your goalie stonewalled me a few times. Gg! Phthisis, I'll play EASHL for a bit, let's play tmrw/wed for our second?

Red_Man

I don't have a problem with that if others want that, I just figured people would like the schedule to move forward at a faster rate to get through the season. If people prefer 1 schedule period per week, chime in so we can get a general consensus.

Socreges

Banned
2nd game I did a little more of what I wanted. It was a careless giveaway that led to your 1st goal and then I came out an barraged you in the 3rd period and stepped up the forecheck and pressure and got 3 quick goals out of it that pretty much buried you until you got a fluky wide angle goal in garbage time.
Ahaha you sound aggravated here. I got careless in the third there, but sure. *pats Vis on the back*

I don't have a problem with that if others want that, I just figured people would like the schedule to move forward at a faster rate to get through the season. If people prefer 1 schedule period per week, chime in so we can get a general consensus.

1 week is going to mean seasons last how long?

MacAttack

Holy shit Mac, your D hits hard. Got brutally outplayed physically, most of your hits threw my players down and you were able to score two. Then I was able to deal with it better (while still getting brutally outhit) and then on the third period your goalie stonewalled me a few times. Gg! Phthisis, I'll play EASHL for a bit, let's play tmrw/wed for our second?

Had to get revenge after you took out one of my best playmakers. Looks like Vermette made it out without any lengthy injuries though. GG!

Red_Man

Then it depends if people want this league to go for 2 seasons or more?
Yea, that's why I was going to do it 2 schedule periods per week, but as Viz said that might not be enough time for people to get games in. If anyone feels strongly any particular way just post your thoughts.

Yea, that's why I was going to do it 2 schedule periods per week, but as Viz said that might not be enough time for people to get games in. If anyone feels strongly any particular way just post your thoughts.

Keep it at 2x a week, some people are eager to play, others are always going to be more difficult to schedule around

Easy now. That was congratulatory. I just find your writeups to be kind of biased and masturbatory, but maybe that's the point.

my writeups... biased & masturbatory??? No way!!! And here I thought I was a such a good professional sports journalist that was being paid to be strictly objective when recapping my online videogame hockey games... I'm sorry Mr. Socreges if I let YOU, one of my adoring fans down by pumping my own tires too much.

To make it up to you, from now on I will only post raw data and box scores along with interviews from only spectators that were watching the game from a location other than mine or my opponent's houses. Please let me know if this is satisfactory

Phthisis

I prefer the Thursday/Sunday approach. I play most of my games in one or two nights and then spend the entire rest of the week waiting for you to sim it forward so I can PLAY MOAR.

Smiley90 said:
Won my first game against Phthisis because JVR missed the empty net :lol

Round 2!

I put him in the corner to think about what he did (or didn't do). Horrible shot. He still hasn't scored a goal. Biggest disappointment on my team so far. Curtis Glencross on the other hand... dude is on fire. Another 2 goals tonight, leading the team with 6.

BigJonsson said:
Smiley90 said:
Director of Gaming Programming at Machinima.com

say whaaaaat.

Ask him if he does All Your History :eek:

Haha, I don't personally. My friend Nick used to write it (had a nice board game night with him and a few others from the office tonight actually) and now we have a guy named Brian writing it. I actually oversee the Machinima youtube channel from a strategy perspective (i.e., what shows do we have, what shows do we need, show scheduling, event coverage, etc.). I also run our reviews and the day to day operations of our editorial team.

MacAttack

Tough loss against Phthisis and the Kings in a 3-2 defeat. Left the high slot wide open way too often in the first. Almost pulled off some late game heroics but couldn't get past his tough defense. Should be a fun series vs one of my divisional opponents.

I think two sims a week is fine but people need to anticipate some of their PvP games being simmed if they don't communicate with their opponents early in the week. We have people in this league on both coasts and internationally so it's not always easy to get your games in.

If it does get expanded to one sim per week it's gonna take a lot of the GM stuff people were clamoring about earlier out of it.

Viz- I appreciate your journalistic integrity even if some others do not. Keep up the fine work!

Haha, I don't personally. My friend Nick used to write it (had a nice board game night with him and a few others from the office tonight actually) and now we have a guy named Brian writing it. I actually oversee the Machinima youtube channel from a strategy perspective (i.e., what shows do we have, what shows do we need, show scheduling, event coverage, etc.). I also run our reviews and the day to day operations of our editorial team.

Awesome, I love All your history

Socreges

Banned
my writeups... biased & masturbatory??? No way!!! And here I thought I was a such a good professional sports journalist that was being paid to be strictly objective when recapping my online videogame hockey games... I'm sorry Mr. Socreges if I let YOU, one of my adoring fans down by pumping my own tires too much.

To make it up to you, from now on I will only post raw data and box scores along with interviews from only spectators that were watching the game from a location other than mine or my opponent's houses. Please let me know if this is satisfactory
Great point. If it can't be objective, the only recourse is masturbatory praise.

Honestly, your first was funny so it made sense. This last one was just trying to explain away my goals while praising your own. No redeemable qualities, Vis.

Red_Man

Alright, I'll wait for more opinions, but as of right now it looks like a Sunday to Sunday schedule is preferred.

Socreges

Banned
+1 Thurs/Sun. But I'm terrible and don't really care where I end up in the standings. Would rather see us get more seasons in.

Smiley90

I prefer 2 sims a week too. Rather get twice as many seasons in, who cares about whether or not we get to play all regular season game, what we make of the playoffs is what matters! :p

theRizzle

I like Thursday and Sunday too, but understand if people can't get their games in that often and don't want a lot of their games to be simmed.

Revenant

seems that the people have spoken...

2 times a week is gonna be a dealbreaker for me, Red_Man go ahead and remove me

it's been fun

big%2520boss%2520salute.jpg

We'll always remember you were masturbating in this thread viz.

Red_Man

Damn two Metal Gear sign off pics in two weeks, never knew hockey could be so gruesome.....Alright Viz, if you change your mind you're welcome back.

big%2520boss%2520salute.jpg

We'll always remember you were masturbating in this thread viz.

I'll leave that in your capable "hands" Rev

Why don't you just play what games you can and just let the rest get simmed?

I know right, noone is forcing you to play all games... Esp during regular season.

Damn two Metal Gear sign off pics in two weeks, never knew hockey could be so gruesome.....Alright Viz, if you change your mind you're welcome back.

no, no, and no thanks

Smiley90

So what you're telling me is that in your franchise history, you were never able to beat me? You are winless all time against my LA Kings?

Says the team winless against the Blue Jackets. (Until tonight at least!)

Smiley90

I fully plan on soldiering on year after year, win or lose. This game is fucking fun.

I love how much fun negotiating deals is. Now if only they fixed the broken GM mode -.- (forcing you to do best lines on your AHL team if you mess up and not allowing you to manually edit, sending really good players through waivers all the time, etc)

Top Bottom