• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I actually kind of don't think we've made enough of a point about how effortlessly Bey dismissed basically everything that people have been throwing at her for the past year. It's ridiculous. I think Corvus will be an extinct genus by the time the feasting is finished.

Kiii at all the people who called her Hasbeyn, Xbey One and a tours-only heritage act, and who've suddenly stopped mentioning that even a week ago they thought they were dragging Bey when in reality they were just setting themselves up for the scalping of the century.

Now Bey is raring up to cunt-punch the first week figures of everyones's faves out of the game completely. Bey added another course to this week's meal, and it's crow again. Tuck in girls.

Which BEYONCE song do you think would be best to make love to?

iOw9O7F4FtMAI.gif

Parition. It's not, in the traditional sense, a making love song but to me, that definition of making love is a whole other activity, well at least, to me.

Umm Actually, Blow too. I agRIH,, It's very rhythm-tic so you can bop the whole night with it. Yup....

I actually kind of don't think we've made enough of a point about how effortlessly Bey dismissed basically everything that people have been throwing at her for the past year. It's ridiculous. I think Corvus will be an extinct genus by the time the feasting is finished.

Kiii at all the people who called her Hasbeyn, Xbey One and a tours-only heritage act, and who've suddenly stopped mentioning that even a week ago they thought they were dragging Bey when in reality they were just setting themselves up for the scalping of the century.

Now Bey is raring up to cunt-punch the first week figures of everyones's faves out of the game completely. Bey added another course to this week's meal, and it's crow again. Tuck in girls.

And on top of that, the album is genuinely [ G O O D ], perhaps the best of her career, IMHO.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Obviously different songs for different kinds of sex

Drunk in Love for proper loved up sensuous fucking

The second half of Partition for kinky sweaty rutting

Blow for a casual quickie
And on top of that, the album is genuinely [ G O O D ], perhaps the best of her career, IMHO.
There's no perhaps about it for me. 4 was a glimpse at the heights Bey was preparing to ascend to, with Beyoncé she's made good on that promise. Her career might as well have started again with this album, it makes her old albums look completely irrelevant (her singles ofc still punch).

Majmun

So true. And the funny thing is that the haters always were mad somehow

"hasBeyn" "eBey" "local act" "legacy act" "no new music lol" "can't chart LMAO"

while the fans remained relaxed because we knew Bey was still relevant. But tour receipts were always dismissed. And now this has happened and we were right.

cory64

I'll be making love to Haunted tbh

So true. And the funny thing is that the haters always were mad somehow

"hasBeyn" "eBey" "local act" "legacy act" "no new music lol" "can't chart LMAO"

while the fans remained relaxed because we knew Bey was still relevant. But tour receipts were always dismissed. And now this has happened and we were right.

There were a few months when the Hive posted any tour review with the slightest hint of praise. The desperation.
Don't forget it.

You shady hussy.

There's no perhaps about it for me. 4 was a glimpse at the heights Bey was preparing to ascend to, with Beyoncé she's made good on that promise. Her career might as well have started again with this album, it makes her old albums look completely irrelevant (her singles ofc still punch).

This is how I feel. With her previous albums, I mainly cared about the singles and occasionally a few album tracks. The rest was mostly padded and boring filler. This album is completely listenable and enjoyable from beginning to end.

I never expected her to put out an album with such interesting and varied production like she did with BEYONCE.

Haunted is on another level production wise and I never would have pictured it coming from her of all people. She surprised me repeatedly with this album, and it really feels like a re-launch of her career.

Majmun

I'll be making love to Haunted tbh

There were a few months when the Hive posted any tour review with the slightest hint of praise. The desperation.
Don't forget it.

The Hive is probably the only group that was able to post rave tour reviews from their fave.

Wilsongt

You shady hussy.

This is how I feel. With her previous albums, I mainly cared about the singles and occasionally a few album tracks. The rest was mostly padded and boring filler. This album is completely listenable and enjoyable from beginning to end.

I never expected her to put out an album with such interesting and varied production like she did with BEYONCE.

Haunted is on another level production wise and I never would have pictured it coming from her of all people. She surprised me repeatedly with this album, and it really feels like a re-launch of her career.

I never expected Beyonce to put out an album that is so... sexy.

She seemed to have always been more geared towards a younger audience, but damn...

Assonce, indeed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Don't forget it.
I still don't really see how this is desperation. She was on a very successful world tour and virtually every reviewer agreed that she is the best live performer in pop.

People weren't posting sales figures because there were none.

This release has truly been the most epic carnage in pop music in so long. The tepid shifts from "lol she released it out of the blue she's insane it's gonna flop" to "oh this is actually pretty good" to "holy shit she's a goddamn badass" that night was legendary.

What a great lesson in stanhood history.

royalan

It'll be really interesting to see how the big pop girls handle their eras next year.

I don't see anybody trying to imitate Bey's "Surprise!" strategy here. That's kinda something that'll really only work one time.

But it's hard to look at previous launch strategies employed by Pop acts and feel the same level of excitement that we would have felt just a few short days ago. Everything has changed.

I think we're heading for an exciting time in music. Someone (several someones) is going to try to top Beyonce's strategy without directly copying it.

cory64

I hope there's new choreo for 2014

The Hive is probably the only group that was able to post rave tour reviews from their fave.

Rihanna, now wearing silver sneakers and a silver dress, fast-forwarded through hit after hit. “We Found Love” segued into “S&M” into “Only Girl (In The World)” into “Don’t Stop The Music,” climaxing on an exuberant rendition of “Where Have You Been.” The effect was monstrous, a gleaming, sexy onslaught of pop perfection, aptly showcasing just why Rihanna has been able to sell seven albums and their subsequent world tours.
Not a single bad word to say – Rihanna’s show was one of the best we’ve seen to date.
It’s a confidence that grew as the set wore on. With billowing streams of fire blasting beside her, Rihanna strutted across the stage, casually dodging the pyrotechnics. Despite the chaos around her, she held her own in every fluid and effortless movement she made. Even her twerking had a sense of originality and sophistication. Every pop of her body was as if she was saying, “I’ve done this for years, and this is how you do it.”
But as she proved during a surprisingly intimate encore, Rihanna really can sing – sparse ballad Stay was performed entirely live, and her vocals were breathtaking.
“Diamonds” captures Rihanna amid a nonstop blur of creative productivity. Having batted out seven albums in as many years while completing five world tours, the star has become a 24/7 music fixture. Her show worked tirelessly to reflect the breadth of that output.

hmm?

Majmun

It'll be really interesting to see how the big pop girls handle their eras next year.

I don't see anybody trying to imitate Bey's "Surprise!" strategy here. That's kinda something that'll really only work one time.

But it's hard to look at previous launch strategies employed by Pop acts and feel the same level of excitement that we would have felt just a few short days ago. Everything has changed.

I think we're heading for an exciting time in music. Someone (several someones) is going to try to top Beyonce's strategy without directly copying it.

The thing with Beyoncé is that the material is really good. The word to mouth has been extremely positive. Facebook and Twitter are also talking about the quality, not just the surprise release.

royalan

The thing with Beyoncé is that the material is really good. The word to mouth has been extremely positive. Facebook and Twitter are also talking about the quality, not just the surprise release.

Well yeah, but that's not what I'm thinking about. *.*

I'm more excited for how Pop in general is going to react to this.

Majmun

THE BEY UPDATE: The Beyoncé sneak attack on iTunes has become the story of the industry and possibly a game-changing new strategy to sell records. The early release as an iTunes exclusive, with no tracks for sale and no Spotify to bastardize sales, the "visual album" has sold approximately 500k album downloads in its first 48 hours, with no end in sight and will easily debut #1. What was looking like a pretty dull Christmas release season has been hit by a bolt of lightning. The surprise release has been heralded by social media everywhere and covered by every major television news network. She has created her own publicity and the project reached its audience through word of mouth--the most powerful of all sales tools. Stay tuned for continuous updates. Kudos to Team Columbia and Team Beyoncé on what may end up being the most talked about event of 2013.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

This slayage just won't stop

My head is spinning. This is a true Queen. Her place in the Forbes most powerful women just went up a couple of scores. This is strictly power without brute force. And she's still trending on twitter.....

Beysittingonherthrone.gif

Majmun

And these are still just itunes sales.

Wait until the Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon etc crowd can get their hands on it.

And the album has charted on #1 in 103 countries so far. So the WW itunes sales must be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom