• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

You mean the Unapologetic C-side?

No thanks.

How does that sound like an Unapologetic C-side? The production is completely unlike anything on Unapologetic.

You didn't go into a Bangerz with an open mind. I see the truth, sis.

ib1uGmbxvAwFtE.gif

The decline is real.

What Happened To Lady Gaga?

It’s already known as ARTFLOP.
On Nov. 6, amid the kind of hype not seen since Michael Jackson floated a statue of himself down the Thames River, Lady Gaga released her third studio album, “ARTPOP.”
And not since Jackson has such a globally famous, white-hot pop star had such a rise and precipitous fall: “ARTPOP” is on track to lose $25 million for her label, Interscope, prompting ­rumors of imminent layoffs.

The most shocking defection from Gaga’s camp came last month: Carter, the veteran manager who guided her ascent, quit less than a week before ARTPOP’s release. As Page Six reported, Gaga’s label was concerned that the rec­ord had no hits and asked her to tweak some of the tracks, or release the record as an EP. She declined, and Carter attempted to intervene, to no avail.

And without anyone formidable to guide her, Lady Gaga, for the first time in her career, seems culturally tone-deaf, releasing an album that’s ostensibly about modern art — a “reverse Warholian expedition,” as Gaga so loftily describes it — to a public that doesn’t care.

And the most damning of all:

Her great friend Elton John, who named Gaga godmother to his two children, went public with his concern in September. “I’d like to be able to talk to her right now, but I can’t get through to her,” he said. “And there are times when you have to listen. When your persona begins to take over your music and becomes more important . . . [when] you have people around you who don’t question you, you’re in a dangerous place.”
tumblr_inline_mi6tbkVUOj1qz4rgp.gif

Bladenic

Yoncé has an 85 on Metacritic. Slaying your faves. /Godel

But seriously, I'm not surprised Grown Woman and Standing on the Sun were cut. They don't fit with the rest of the album. Kind of like Run the World on 4. I do wish she would have still included a bonus vid for Standing on the Sun though (over Grown Woman IMO).

How does that sound like an Unapologetic C-side? The production is completely unlike anything on Unapologetic.

You didn't go into a Bangerz with an open mind. I see the truth, sis.

ib1uGmbxvAwFtE.gif
It sounds like Numb and Stay if they had a grotesquely deformed baby.

I always approach albums you recommend with an open mind. This time last year, my world turned upside down when I re-discovered B2B. So despite my constant shade, I do respect your opinions (mainly because you don't bandwagon stan).

This particular brand of Molly you've overdosed on is just confounding to me, though.

royalan

It sounds like Numb and Stay if they had a grotesquely deformed baby.

I always approach albums you recommend with an open mind. This time last year, my world turned upside down when I re-discovered B2B. So despite my constant shade, I do respect your opinions (mainly because you don't bandwagon stan).

This particular brand of Molly you've overdosed on is just confounding to me, though.

Oh, sis...

ibxvMA4CLfJKTf.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
It's so funny that even after all of Miley's antics and everything she's done, this era has ended up being just like the alberm, full of hot air and [ f o r g o t t e n ] as soon as one of the real pop girls released something. Miley has out-Rihanna'd Rihanna in having NO IMPACT and NO PRESENCE in the pop world. The fact that the only three alberms that the Hive are talking about are from Katy/Gags/Britney. I mean, let's be real, it was quite obvious that everything she was doing was for attention (much like Gags, but to a much more tryhard extent), and she has literally been forgotten after we have had actual music out. She is what people always say Rihanna is. A substitute for the real McCoy. The tea should be in the fact that the Grammys have paid her ABSOLUTE [ d u s t ] after all she's done. And now Miley has no recourse. She's already twerked to oblivion, she's already been nude, nearly nude, and fully clothed, and she's been everywhere performing her 'hits'.

Miley is literally done. All of her stans have disappeared. It's kinda funny, I think I clocked this tea forever ago, but this is the final nail in her era. We won't be talking about her in 2014. It will be Rih/Taylor/Adele, and of course, Bey.

Poor it.

Bladenic

Was any of BANGERZ even eligible for Grammys though? Besides WCS of course. Not that I would think she would get any noms either way.

And I mean, we won't be talking about her in 2014 because she won't have new music (unless she copies that from Rih too).

Trigger

It's so funny that even after all of Miley's antics and everything she's done, this era has ended up being just like the alberm, full of hot air and [ f o r g o t t e n ] as soon as one of the real pop girls released something. Miley has out-Rihanna'd Rihanna in having NO IMPACT and NO PRESENCE in the pop world. The fact that the only three alberms that the Hive are talking about are from Katy/Gags/Britney. I mean, let's be real, it was quite obvious that everything she was doing was for attention (much like Gags, but to a much more tryhard extent), and she has literally been forgotten after we have had actual music out. She is what people always say Rihanna is. A substitute for the real McCoy. The tea should be in the fact that the Grammys have paid her ABSOLUTE [ d u s t ] after all she's done. And now Miley has no recourse. She's already twerked to oblivion, she's already been nude, nearly nude, and fully clothed, and she's been everywhere performing her 'hits'.

Miley is literally done. All of her stans have disappeared. It's kinda funny, I think I clocked this tea forever ago, but this is the final nail in her era. We won't be talking about her in 2014. It will be Rih/Taylor/Adele, and of course, Bey.

Poor it.

I've never been prouder to be a member of the #Navy tbh. Read that filth.

ib16fJ37rataQh.gif

Poor it.

What kind of absolutely veracious brew?

Tell them.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Miley's "antics" have only just begun.

Gaga has literally been hitting the same note, visually, since Fame Monster.

And that's my point. Miley's going to keep on doing the same tryhard shit and eventually not even grinding up on old has beens will save her. As how a flying dress couldn't save Gaga.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga flopped in large part because people were tired of her antics. The same will happen to Miley, just you watch.

Miley is self aware and knows how to control her image she very well knows the Bangerz image wont sell through the rest of her career but at the age of 21 post Hannah Montana it works. The industry finally paid attention to her and will definitely be checking what she is upto next after Bangerz

unlike Gaga who refuses to move on from her image of costumes and "pop will never be low brow" crap

DMeisterJ

Banned
Did anyone even bat an eye at her AMA performance? Her next MV is going to have to be awfully potent to reinvigorate the era.

She performed there? Kinda telling that the only performances talked about are Rihanna's, Katy's flop, and Gaga and Mr. Piss.

royalan

What more can she even do though? Miley has shown just about every trick she has.

And that's my point. Miley's going to keep on doing the same tryhard shit and eventually not even grinding up on old has beens will save her. As how a flying dress couldn't save Gaga.

But who knows this for certain?

I mean, if ANYTHING, this weekend should have taught us something. Bey, formerly the most boring of the main pop girls, went and did the most exciting thing to happen in music in YEARS.

I agree that if Miley attempts to hit the same note over and over like Gaga, she'll meet the same fate. But if Miley is smart enough to know when to switch tactics (like Bey and Rihanna), then anything could happen.

Be excited for the future, sistren.

Miley is self aware and knows how to control her image she very well knows the Bangerz image wont sell through the rest of her career but at the age of 21 post Hannah Montana it works. The industry finally paid attention to her and will definitely be checking what she is upto next after Bangerz

unlike Gaga who refuses to move on from her image of costumes and "pop will never be low brow" crap

Basically this.

Stefan™;93773773 said:
The album has grown on me. Swine, J&D and NOPE are still trash.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

Ok sis, but we been spilt that tea when you were dragging it and tried to come at our necks for being deaf. The album was always good, but over Bey.... Come on son

giphy.gif

Bladenic

Ok sis, but we been spilt that tea when you were dragging it and tried to come at our necks for being deaf. The album was always good, but over Bey.... Come on son

giphy.gif

Different opinions, how do they work?

Not to mention I've seen a very small number of people saying Yoncé is worse than 4.

xaosslug

Poor it.

to be fair, everyone except botty and roy clocked this tea. Bitch became the pop manifestation of a viral video. Ooops. Strategic hot mess, my ass.

Different opinions, how do they work?

Not to mention I've seen a very small number of people saying Yoncé is worse than 4.

Wait for Yoncé to grow in her

I've seen the stanning but my point is, All this #Justice4Artpop clearly wasn't there when it dropped. I was fully 100% behind that album, loved it while It was being dragged for being pretentious and lame, boring, basic pop that was being hyped up to something different.. Etc.. I still use Gaga but that album is not no Bey.

Bladenic

I've seen the stanning but my point is, All this #Justice4Artpop clearly wasn't there when it dropped. I was fully 100% behind that album, loved it while It was being dragged for being pretentious and lame, boring, basic pop that was being hyped up to something different.. Etc.. I still use Gaga but that album is not no Bey.

I like both. :)

Styles

giphy.gif

Um, I've never spilled such heinous teas. The most I've ever done was bad mouth a few of the songs and dragged ARTPOP's sales. You must be thinking of someone else, sis.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

botty

Banned
What's most interesting here is probably the inability people have to grasp time. The VMA's were in August and Miley has pretty much had the world's attention ever since. If I am not mistaken, Miley even had a #1 a week or two ago (I'm not really a receipt stan or care for her music much so excuse me I am wrong here)... so are people really done with her? Well, I guess they are if you have no grasp on time. I see people in here talking about Beyonce is their lord and savior when they probably hadn't listened to her music in months... but then why would you considering her last output. Anyway, I'll just say that you guys really need to stop speaking in absolutes when we have Gaga fading, Beyonce releasing albums without notice, and Kesha and Xtina fighting for best feature of 2013.

No...actually don't. Make more receipts, dumb asses.

tumblr_mw5gohQSg31qjdgemo1_250.gif

Mau ®

I wouldn't count out Miley at all. "Adore You" is a jam, FU is slaying without promo on iTunes and she has a tour thats selling well early next year. She already said she's working on the next album #RihannaTaughtHer

Obviously her twerking phase will grow old (if it hasn't already) soon, but there's no denying Bangerz has plenty of well, bangerz, waiting to be unleashed.

I've been considering stanning for Bey all day. Not just RECEIPT STANNING but ACTUAL STANNING. That's how much I like the new album :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom