• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billboard is still reporting that Blow (along with DIL) is the first single, not XO.

Beyonce' On the Radio:

Through Saturday (Dec. 14), the first two singles from the album have begun receiving airplay. The urban-leaning "Drunk in Love," featuring Jay Z, drew 311 first-day plays across 70 stations monitored by Nielsen BDS. Rhythmic WBQT Boston led with 17 plays, followed by rhythmic WQHT and mainstream R&B/hip-hop WWPR New York (13 each).

Meanwhile, more pop-oriented single "Blow" tallied 87 first-day plays, championed most by rhythmic KPTT Denver (13 plays). Early major-market airplay has come from rhythmic KPWR Los Angeles and mainstream top 40 WKSC Chicago.

Billboard previously reported that "XO," a ballad penned by Ryan Tedder and The-Dream, will follow later in 2014 as the second single at top 40.
Pray it's XO

tumblr_inline_mvr696vH4l1r2q4zh.gif

EDIT: Though the article is from tonight, it's reporting Saturday spins. So maybe Bey's team made a last-minute switcheroo.

tumblr_inline_mvr696vH4l1r2q4zh.gif

There are layers to "Blue." It's more than just an uplifting moment after the despair of "Heaven." By ending the the audio album with a song about her dedication to her daughter, she's completely flipped the opening lyrics of "Pretty Hurts." There's no demand to adhere to beauty standards. It's the most straightforward expression of love on an album filled with emotional complexities. It smashes the notion that "what's in [her] head doesn't matter." She has a lot in there and has delivered it in a tangled, lush package.
I didn't even catch that the first time I listened to it.

Bookending the album on one end with Mama Tina's shallow, demeaning opening line and on the other with such an open, unconditional expression of love ("Each day I feel so blessed to be looking at you/Cause when you open your eyes, I feel alive") is such an emotional full-circle moment that I can't take it.

T_T

oh please

Beyonce is not the first female to end an album with a song about jesus/their child

#OverthinkingIt
I'm talking about the bookend.

The way the album begins with Beyonce's mother's relentless judgment of her daughter and ends with Beyonce (now a mother herself) ending that cycle and just loving her daughter for all the endless possibilities she represents. In an album full of songs about self-acceptance and asserting one's inner ***Flawless, it just ties everything together so well.

royalan

I'm talking about the bookend.

The way the album begins with Beyonce's mother's relentless judgment of her daughter and ends with Beyonce (now a mother herself) ending that cycle and just loving her daughter for all the endless possibilities she represents. In an album full of songs about self-acceptance and asserting one's inner ***Flawless, it just ties everything together so well.

But that doesn't ring true with how we know Beyonce thinks of her mother, and how she is referenced elsewhere in the album.

Voodoo Queen Tina Knowles is the matron, Beyonce loves and respects her mother, and views her as a rock in her life. Just look at the Grown Woman video.

If anybody plays the role of overbearing, judgmental parental figure, it's her father.

I honestly think people are reaching too hard for the "brilliance" of this album with this particular line of thinking.

But that doesn't ring true with how we know Beyonce thinks of her mother, and how she is referenced elsewhere in the album.

Voodoo Queen Tina Knowles is the matron, Beyonce loves and respects her mother, and views her as a rock in her life. Just look at the Grown Woman video.

If anybody plays the role of overbearing, judgmental parental figure, it's her father.

I honestly think people are reaching too hard for the "brilliance" of this album with this particular line of thinking.
Who said it was brilliant? I just thought it was a nice emotional touch.

And even if she wasn't referencing her own mother specifically, the sentiment of breaking that ugly cycle of pretty above all struck me in the right place.

We all know "Pretty Hurts" was a Sia factory production that Bey had no hand in anyway

Touchdown

Banned
It's so funny that even after all of Miley's antics and everything she's done, this era has ended up being just like the alberm, full of hot air and [ f o r g o t t e n ] as soon as one of the real pop girls released something. Miley has out-Rihanna'd Rihanna in having NO IMPACT and NO PRESENCE in the pop world. The fact that the only three alberms that the Hive are talking about are from Katy/Gags/Britney. I mean, let's be real, it was quite obvious that everything she was doing was for attention (much like Gags, but to a much more tryhard extent), and she has literally been forgotten after we have had actual music out. She is what people always say Rihanna is. A substitute for the real McCoy. The tea should be in the fact that the Grammys have paid her ABSOLUTE [ d u s t ] after all she's done. And now Miley has no recourse. She's already twerked to oblivion, she's already been nude, nearly nude, and fully clothed, and she's been everywhere performing her 'hits'.

Miley is literally done. All of her stans have disappeared. It's kinda funny, I think I clocked this tea forever ago, but this is the final nail in her era. We won't be talking about her in 2014. It will be Rih/Taylor/Adele, and of course, Bey.

Poor it.

Yes. Preach!

other_preach_gif.gif

Go319

POPGAF...is this source reliable??

Madonna reunites with Sean Penn and Patrick Leonard

Madonna has been seen with Patrick Leonard, the man she has written and produced several of her most beloved songs with.

They were seen once at LAX Airport and another at P.F. Chang's at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. However, there is no romantic interest here; it's all about Madonna's upcoming album, tentatively due for release at the end of 2014. "Somebody forwarded an article to Madonna about how much Pat missed working with her," our source says. Madonna was really touched by this and contacted Leonard to start working on some new music.

I love their work together!

But the article has no other links or sources in it :/

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of the palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team

Lorde, it's only good song

ikZNiwHB0rEAJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.