• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Im just kidding people
KuGsj.gif

People here take kidding very seriou.....actually let me NoT....I still sometimes have trouble taking advice from my own title.

tumblr_mujazhRr6D1rkaekho3_250.gif

SaintZ

Let me nurse Avrallah's scalp once she is ripped bald.
Sis I have given up hope this era. Aside from Asia, she flopped horribly. I'm hoping she learned her lesson tho and steps up her game next time. She needs a major change, like what happened between UMS and TBDT
and a better label.

avrilexplain2zee41.gif

Wilsongt

Sis I have given up hope this era. Aside from Asia, she flopped horribly. I'm hoping she learned her lesson tho and steps up her game next time. She needs a major change, like what happened between UMS and TBDT
and a better label.

avrilexplain2zee41.gif

Avril Lavigne was a much better album than Goodbye Lullabye, tho. Derrick Wimbly was not good to her in terms of production of that album.

She just can't compete in a world of singles artists. :negativeman:

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
3. Sara Bareilles, "The Blessed Unrest": The Grammys got it right — Sara Bareilles' third release, "The Blessed Unrest," is one of the year's best, thanks to its mix of upbeat and classic-sounding piano tunes, all anchored by the performer's sweet and powerful tone. Bareilles is an exceptional songwriter who puts on a live show that brightens your day — and week. With songs like the emotional "1000 Times" and the inspirational "Brave," Bareilles hits all the right notes. Even Katy Perry was impressed.

AP music writers' top 10 albums of the year.

8f70c6ea.gif

SaintZ

Avril Lavigne was a much better album than Goodbye Lullabye, tho. Derrick Wimbly was not good to her in terms of production of that album.

She just can't compete in a world of singles artists. :negativeman:
I agree about AL being a better album but the production of it was not very good. And I actually like some of the Derryck produced tracks. Remeber Whensus :alexz:

Anyway, Pitchfork picked the Top 100 Tracks of 2013.

I'm glad Body Party is at number 5 tbh.

Sky, Charli, Lorde, HAIM among others made the cut.

B'Day > Beyoncé >>> Dangerously in Love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Honestly, I'd rather listen to the Dreamgirls soundtrack than 4 or 90% of that other one.

By the way, XO to impact Top 40 confirmed! Bey looking to smash tbh

jbug617

Banned
The numbers according to Huffington Post.

The singer's camp tells The Huffington Post that "Beyoncé" sold 828,773 copies over the weekend, a massive take made even more impressive by the fact that the album was an iTunes exclusive for the duration of that period.

For the US
The album was the fastest-selling to ever hit iTunes and sold 617,213 copies domestically.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...kend_n_4453500.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Edit: Those are the numbers that Apple has given in their PR. Also the album was #1 in 104 countries

What is the critical reception of Beyonce's new album? Glancing over popgaf (and peeking at metacritic) it seems most people consider it a great album? In that case I'll just have to accept that the music Beyonce puts out might be of good quality, but simply not for me. There's not one song on her new album that I immediately like. Only haunted sounds interesting.

Also, Britney Jean is pretty fucking bad. I always look forward to a Britney album, and I've liked a lot of songs on Blackout, Femme Fatale and Circus, but Britney Jean...yeah no, I doubt I'll use any of those songs.

Lastly: can't wait for Lana Del Rey's next album. Born to Die (+Paradise) is one of my favorite albums ever. <3

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The critics agree, BEYONCÉ is a masterpiece:

59hnANG.png

WIo32zD.png

The numbers don't lie: BEYONCÉ is without a doubt Bey's best album to date, towering over previous career high 4 (
dZkb4Im.png
) and strong efforts like B'Day (
QZPUGzX.png
).

Bey has delivered not only what is inarguably and indisputably the best major pop album of the year, but also one of the best albums of the year, period. It might seem unfair to compare a work of such musical and artistic accomplishment as BEYONCÉ to some of the more basic and forgettable albums released this year, but in the interests of public awareness I think it needs to be done in order to remind the world of the Bey's place on the top of the heap.

Remember girls: friends don't let friends buy shit like C-Sidez: Rihanna's Abandoned Flopz, FARTPOOP, or PISSM.

What is the critical reception of Beyonce's new album? Glancing over popgaf (and peeking at metacritic) it seems most people consider it a great album? In that case I'll just have to accept that the music Beyonce puts out might be of good quality, but simply not for me. There's not one song on her new album that I immediately like. Only haunted sounds interesting.

Also, Britney Jean is pretty fucking bad. I always look forward to a Britney album, and I've liked a lot of songs on Blackout, Femme Fatale and Circus, but Britney Jean...yeah no, I doubt I'll use any of those songs.

Lastly: can't wait for Lana Del Rey's next album. Born to Die (+Paradise) is one of my favorite albums ever. <3

Edit:

That doesn't even make sense...........

Don't judge anything I do for the next 10 hours or so I'm on like 2 hours of sleep, if that

Beyonce is a great album, indeed. The production is great, the emotion is real, and the videos are beyond flawless.

And yes you better be ready for Ultraviolence <3

The critics agree, BEYONCÉ is a masterpiece:

Bey has delivered not only what is inarguably and indisputably the best major pop album of the year, but also one of the best albums of the year, period. It might seem unfair to compare a work of such musical and artistic accomplishment as BEYONCÉ to some of the more basic and forgettable albums released this year, but in the interests of public awareness I think it needs to be done in order to remind the world of the Bey's place on the top of the heap.

Such flawless metacritic stanning <3

Also can't believe all three of those albums got the same score. RIP

Not taking anything away from Bey because he is SLAYING and making the other pop girls look irrelevant. Her sales are jaw dropping.

However, reviewers always lavish praise on surprise releases. They did the same with 20/20 and Yeezus.

I am pretty sure if ANY pop girl pulled what Bey just did they would get a 10 point metacritic bump.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not taking anything away from Bey because he is SLAYING and making the other pop girls look irrelevant. Her sales are jaw dropping.

However, reviewers always lavish praise on surprise releases. They did the same with 20/20 and Yeezus.

I am pretty sure if ANY pop girl pulled what Bey just did they would get a 10 point metacritic bump.

Even if you remove this (completely imagined, nonexistent) 10 point bump from BEYONCÉ, it still shits on virtually every other pop album this year.

In fact you could remove 10 points from BEYONCÉ and grant 10 points each to FARTPOOP, PISSM and C-Sidez, and they would still be trailing it.

Beyonce is a great album, indeed. The production is great, the emotion is real, and the videos are beyond flawless.

And yes you better be ready for Ultraviolence <3
I don't see what the videos have anything to do with how good her music is. And I see 4 was her previous high in critical acclaim, and I found that album to be an absolute turd, except for Countdown.

I just think that Beyonce's music stays largely in a specific sub genre of music (very r&b'ish), that I personally just don't like. In that sense her work with Destiny's Child was waaay more up my alley.

Even if you remove this (completely imagined, nonexistent) 10 point bump from BEYONCÉ, it still shits on virtually every other pop album this year.

In fact you could remove 10 points from BEYONCÉ and grant 10 points each to FARTPOOP, PISSM and C-Sidez, and they would still be trailing it.

Not disagreeing necessarily.

I just find it ironic that this is a pop music forum, and we use reviews written by people who hate pop and give the best scores to whoever strays away from pop the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom