• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW did 700k without the deal

TBH I consider that to be a halo effect of the .99c deal. The hype and surprise boosted ALL sales, not just on Amazon. People who would never have considered buying the album got caught up in the hype and picked up a copy.

Same thing is happening with Bey. I know people who couldn't care less about her, and probably don't have a single one of her songs in their library, who are getting caught up in the hype and buying the album.

Smart moves by both....

SaintZ

Is anything known about the sound / producers / ... of ultra-violence?
She said awhile ago she was working with the same people but that was before Black Beauty leaked. Who knows how much has changed since then :/

The most recent thing we know is that it would be "a little bit different" from BTD.

A lot of that depends on whether or not her singles flop.

She is definitely the biggest album seller of the pop girls though.

Who cares about singles. The whole point was to sell the album because the singles sales garbage that have started these years aren't being paid attention to. Album's are being done incomplete to sacrifice having a good single. That's what this whole thing was about and she succeeded in her message. Albums make artist, not singles.

Stan. Be ready to be [V I O L E N T L Y] slain next year.

She said awhile ago she was working with the same people but that was before Black Beauty leaked. Who knows how much has changed since then :/

The most recent thing we know is that it would be "a little bit different" from BTD.

I'm torn. On the one hand the music style she has used up til now (triphop/pop beats with lush string instruments and awesome vocals) is fucking perfect so it's almost like the only way is down. But on the other hand I think that a BTD repeat would become a little tiresome.

She better deliver. My expectations are sky high.

Who cares about singles. The whole point was to sell the album because the singles sales garbage that have started these years aren't being paid attention to. Album's are being done incomplete to sacrifice having a good single. That's what this whole thing was about and she succeeded in her message. Albums make artist, not singles.

Whatever makes your feel better.

I mean. As a 1D stand I really wish album sales were all that mattered....

Whatever makes your feel better.

I mean. As a 1D stand I really wish album sales were all that mattered....

I was just about to bring that up.. Good thing you did before I did.

The numbers don't lie. Comparing album sales for all divas vs single sales.. My hypothesis wasn't false. Album's are being sacrificed for a good single. The quality of an album is gone and it's all put into one or two songs. We need to get back to paying for the full experience, not just one piece of it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm torn. On the one hand the music style she has used up til now (triphop/pop beats with lush string instruments and awesome vocals) is fucking perfect so it's almost like the only way is down. But on the other hand I think that a BTD repeat would become a little tiresome.

She better deliver. My expectations are sky high.

Just because she is working with the same people it doesn't mean it will be the same sound. They have worked with other artists with different sounds and styles so I don't think they would do a BTD PT2.

Wilsongt

LKJHAKLFHLJLADJFLJ WHAT

How could I miss the fact that my easy listening QUEEN Colbie Caillslay had a new song?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT5friQUafc

Yaaaaaas. Soothe me, queen. Soothe me.

colbie-caillat-o.gif

I'm almost finished!! I had to scrap about a third because I had a recent revelation about a couple of tracks. lol

I'm aiming to post it up tonight, gonna put some additions to it after work today =)

Majmun

Hmm, yeah. Mimi's We Belong Together comeback was epic.

Btw

What's the best free software for splitting mp3-files? I'm about to split Haunted and Partition, just like in the video's. That works the best imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom