• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
2008 - 2013

iWr0Kk6MIGzQR.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
That performance was SHIT.

Gags' career is over, X's already was.

Two zombies reanimated for one final performance as we ride into the sunset of 2013.

Gags' thirst for a #1 is a mess.

Touchdown

Banned
Just watched the performance a few minutes ago, I thought Gaga sounded good! Xtina clearly didn't know the lyrics but she gave attitude. It wasn't that bad of a performance.

Two zombies reanimated for one final performance as we ride into the sunset of 2013.

I know right? Performing on a show that invited her on to do so. How positively THIRSTY

botty

Banned
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this amazing Paramore song that was also performed tonight: Ain't It Fun
Can't believe I missed this bop.

Ain't it good to be on your own
Ain't it fun you can't count on no one
Ain't it fun living in the real world

igseJbEiFgQpK.gif

not Jessica Lu leaving MTV's only remaining decent show

Is this Gaga/Xtina thing even worth watching? So many mixed reactions between here/Twitter omg

xaosslug

gosh... you are just set on permanent pressedT these days it seems. I can understand you being extra maaaaaaaaaaaad @ Bey's resurrection ever-exemplifying how completely out of reach she remains for ya fave, but damn, sis...

iWr0Kk6MIGzQR.gif

xaosslug

i think it's becoming pretty obvious certain peeps are madbout 'BeyoncéGAF' and how their fave will likely never.

not Jessica Lu leaving MTV's only remaining decent show

Is this Gaga/Xtina thing even worth watching? So many mixed reactions between here/Twitter omg

aren't mixed reactions usually the best kind?

tumblr_mxzl3plCOS1qkkxcdo1_500.gif

i think it's becoming pretty obvious certain peeps are madbout 'BeyoncéGAF' and how their fave will likely never.

Probably because the last time PopGAF talked so much about Rihanna, there was a mass culling. Meanwhile there hasn't been a single ban for BeyS4.

DMJ demands blood.
Ke?ha will sell more than Beyonce before that happens.

Qazaq

Banned
Say Something is #5 on Spotify's streaming chart for the week.

Spotify United States Top 50 chart for week 09.12.2013-15.12.2013
TWPos LWPos PeakPos WeeksOn Artist - Title Streams (Change)
01 01 01 07 Eminem - The Monster 1,889,181 plays (-109,599)
02 02 02 07 Pitbull - Timber 1,761,152 plays (-15,401)
03 04 03 21 OneRepublic - Counting Stars 1,611,085 plays (+21,447)
04 03 01 24 Lorde - Royals 1,597,240 plays (-20,488)
05 12 05 03 A Great Big World - Say Something 1,408,914 plays (+460,019)

Because, you know, "songs like Say Something don't get many streams", so I just thought I'd pop in here and let anyone who might be interested know.

Carry on.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why is someone automatically pressed if they say a performance is shit or they don't like something? Y'all are such flops that y'all can't see a differing opinion as anything other than pressed. It's like this new crop of people posting have no clue how to have a discourse over a pop star without resorting to shading someone's fave. What happened to the days when one could disagree with someone else without being pressed?

A flop mess. No wonder this thread is in the shitter.

Yado

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this amazing Paramore song that was also performed tonight: Ain't It Fun
Can't believe I missed this bop.

Ain't it fun living in the real world

Pop AOTY tbh

Blackhead

Redarse
And I've been drifting off on knowledge
Cat-calls on cat-walks, man these women getting solemn
I could sing a song for a Solomon or Salamander
We took a flight at midnight and now my mind can't help but wander: how come?
Spoon-fed pluralized eyes to find the beaches in the forest
When I'm looking off the edge, I preach my gut it can't help but ignore it
I'm climbing up the walls cause all the shit I hear is boring
All the shit I do is boring, all these record labels boring
I don't trust these record labels, I'm touring
All these people on the planet working 9 to 5 just to stay alive
The 9 to 5 just to stay alive, the 9 to 5 just to stay alive
All the people on the planet working 9 to 5 just to stay alive, how come?

What goes up ghost around
Ghost around, around, around, around

Around

Soul not for sale
Probably won't make no money off this, oh well
Reap what you sow
Perfection is so, mmm

Edit: Also peep the BOOTS comments at RG

Never expected to be in popBeyonceGAF stanning for a female artist but damn ***goddam the whole album is still imprinted on my brain at the moment. Fave track Haunted. Fave visual track ***Flawless.

Majmun

Never expected to be in popBeyonceGAF stanning for a female artist but damn ***goddam the whole album is still imprinted on my brain at the moment. Fave track Haunted. Fave visual track ***Flawless.

Her power *.*

But yeah, album is amazing. Best stuff she has released so far. I'm so glad she made a dark and personal album again.

(alternative)Soul-RnB>>>>Pop anyway

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
hear, hear! I got mad love for Monáe but she ain't repped in this thread *sigh*

um excuse me

there are plenty of us who pay janelle monaesus her dues

she doesn't have stans per se though so there's not as much bickering about her
because everyone is a stan of janelle monae

Majmun

hear, hear! I got mad love for Monáe but she ain't repped in this thread *sigh*

Janelle is one of my faves. I still listen to THe Archandroid from time to time. TImeless classic tbh.

But The Electric Lady was disappointing. Didn't like it very much :(

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why is someone automatically pressed if they say a performance is shit or they don't like something? Y'all are such flops that y'all can't see a differing opinion as anything other than pressed. It's like this new crop of people posting have no clue how to have a discourse over a pop star without resorting to shading someone's fave. What happened to the days when one could disagree with someone else without being pressed?

The fumes coming out of this chimney so close to Christmas
St. Nick must have wanted more than just cookies for such blockage to exist

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I really want to see the Gagatina duet. Just before I went to bed last night I was suffused with the spirit of Christmas and realised that I was perchedT to see Gaga and Xtina slay and for the Monsters and Fighters to get their life.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Omg I just saw the performance ahahhdhhduudjjdjhfhfujjsjjdjjdj

That was a moment, I want more ;_____;

And the legend stanning for gaga at the end, too much mates I shed a tear

Janelle is one of my faves. I still listen to THe Archandroid from time to time. TImeless classic tbh.

But The Electric Lady was disappointing. Didn't like it very much :(

Lies. This album made me a stan. This album was amazing!

Also why come for DMJ? He's apart of the Roc Family with his stanning for Rih. Y'all got to watch yall faves because his is secure in her career. Bey and Rih got no beef unlike..... I mean let's be serious..

Omg I just saw the performance ahahhdhhduudjjdjhfhfujjsjjdjjdj

That was a moment, I want more ;_____;

And the legend stanning for gaga at the end, too much mates I shed a tear

Same! I love Christina's speech at the end. Lady Gaga should have featured Christina on the album version because the song (message) suits both of them so well.

Yado

Another terrible performance for the Artpop era. Gaga being the mess I've come to expect whenever she gets onstage lately and Christina singing in that chopped & screwed Toadette voice...

Nemesis_

This thread is in the shitter because people have the personalities of goldfish with the bandwagoning and the sudden lapses in stanning.

Consider every album that came out recently that seemingly everyone loved some aspect of and then consider how everybody feels about them in PopGAF now.

Current examples (not totally sticking with 2013 here) that immediately come to mind include but are certainly not limited to: Body Music, ARTPOP, KE$HA proper, Your Body's leak, The Great Gatsby soundtrack.

Lord it is so tiring even thinking about it.

I'm sure BEYONCE is a good album but I can guarantee you in two-three months time that nobody will be as glowing about it.

especially Mary Jane Holland.

This doesn't apply to HAIM

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This thread is in the shitter because people have the personalities of goldfish with the bandwagoning and the sudden lapses in stanning.

Consider every album that came out recently that seemingly everyone loved some aspect of and then consider how everybody feels about them in PopGAF now.

Current examples (not totally sticking with 2013 here) that immediately come to mind include but are certainly not limited to: Body Music, ARTPOP, KE$HA proper, Your Body's leak, The Great Gatsby soundtrack.

I'm sure BEYONCE is a good album but I can guarantee you in three months time that nobody will be as glowing about it.

PopGAF isn't in the shitter though. I would say in the last couple of threads it's undergoing something of a renaissance after the dark and tedious days of the childish and pathetic personal attacks that passed under the banner of 'shade' and 'dragging' a few OPs back.

The short turnaround for turning from stanning to paying dust has always been part of this community though. Remember how quickly the NAVY turned on Bey when they decided that Rih had 'stolen the throne' or whatever?

I'm sure that in a few months all the turncoats that are currently stanning BEYONCÉ will be calling it a flop, calling her HasBeyn again etc. So what?

DMeisterJ

Banned

I'm sure BEYONCE is a good album but I can guarantee you in two-three months time that nobody will be as glowing about it.

especially Mary Jane Holland.

This doesn't apply to HAIM

Oh at this potent Lipton. Scalding.

Sounds like wishful thinking from your side

Bey's surprise follice snatch still has a lot of people seething.

Who?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh and in today's 'pray for your faves' news:

It's Official: Beyonce Makes History With Fifth No. 1 Album

It's official: Beyonce's new self-titled album debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, making her the first woman to hit No. 1 with her first five studio albums.

It follows the chart-topping "Dangerously In Love" (2003), "B'Day" (2006), "I Am... Sasha Fierce" (2008) and "4" (2011). All five of her albums also debuted at No. 1.

The two other acts that have taken their first five studio sets to No. 1: rapper DMX and folk group the Kingston Trio. (DMX also happens to be the only other act, aside from Beyonce, to debut at No. 1 with his first five studio efforts.)

"Beyonce" was released on the morning of Friday, Dec. 13 -- exclusively via the iTunes Store without any pre-release announcement -- and it sold 617,000 copies through the week ending Sunday, Dec. 15, according to Nielsen SoundScan. That's a record high sales week for Beyonce, as the diva's previous best week came when "B'Day" bowed with 541,000.

iTunes is the exclusive seller of the album, released on Columbia Records, through at least Dec. 18. The physical version of the album should start to reach U.S. retailers sometime between Dec. 18 and 20. (The arrival day varies, depending on how far -- and fast -- the CDs travel from Sony's distribution center to retailers.)

"Beyonce" also notches the largest sales week for a woman in 2013, and the year's fourth-biggest sales week overall. It follows the No. 1 debuts of Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" (968,000), Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP 2" (792,000) and Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" (658,000). (The last larger week for a woman was when Taylor Swift's "Red" debuted with 1.2 million at No. 1 upon its release in October 2012.)

As previously reported, iTunes announced that "Beyonce" tallied the largest sales week for an album in its U.S. iTunes Store, and was its fastest-selling title ever globally (828,773 sold worldwide through Dec. 15).

(To note: The music industry tracks weekly sales on a Monday through Sunday basis, hence why Beyonce's feat is being measured after only three days on sale.)

"Beyonce's" launch is also the second-largest digital sales week overall -- counting all digital retailers. It's second behind the debut frame of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way," which sold 662,000 downloads in its first week. (That number was enhanced by Amazon MP3's decision to sell the set for 99-cents for two days during its first week. Billboard has estimated that Amazon MP3's 99-cent version resulted in 440,000 copies sold.)

"Beyonce" is only the second digital-only album to hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200, following the 2010 all-star live charity album "Hope For Haiti Now." It debuted at No. 1 with 171,000 downloads sold, after no more than two full days on sale. (It was released on an off-cycle Saturday, Jan. 23, while the tracking week ended on Sunday, Jan. 25.) It spent a second week at No. 1, shifting 143,000 downloads in its first full week on sale.

The rest of the new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on Wednesday, Dec. 18. Expected top 10 arrivals include R. Kelly's new "Black Panties" and Childish Gambino's "Because the Internet."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...l-beyonce-makes-history-with-fifth-no-1-album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom