• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Sounds like wishful thinking from your side

Bey's surprise follice snatch still has a lot of people seething.

This comes back to what DM was saying where you can't voice an opinion without being "pressed" or "seething".

Although I'm still cackling at how the hive is all of a sudden impressed with Bey's sales when only weeks ago the charts didn't matter

PopGAF isn't in the shitter though. I would say in the last couple of threads it's undergoing something of a renaissance after the dark and tedious days of the childish and pathetic personal attacks that passed under the banner of 'shade' and 'dragging' a few OPs back.

The short turnaround for turning from stanning to paying dust has always been part of this community though. Remember how quickly the NAVY turned on Bey when they decided that Rih had 'stolen the throne' or whatever?

I'm sure that in a few months all the turncoats that are currently stanning BEYONCÉ will be calling it a flop, calling her HasBeyn again etc. So what?

tbh I only mentioned shitter because it seemed like a nice follow on from that post. The thread is more than alive with the two posts per minutes members (no shade, it literally is alive) but yeah.

Touchdown

Banned
This thread is in the shitter because people have the personalities of goldfish with the bandwagoning and the sudden lapses in stanning.

Consider every album that came out recently that seemingly everyone loved some aspect of and then consider how everybody feels about them in PopGAF now.

I disagree. People have the right to evolve their opinions on artists based on new albums and new music they like or dislike.

This comes back to what DM was saying where you can't voice an opinion without being "pressed" or "seething".

This part I agree with.

Majmun

Although I'm still cackling at how the hive is all of a sudden impressed with Bey's sales when only weeks ago the charts didn't matter

We're actually impressed by the quality of the album. It's really good. Don't know how time could change that...?

The sales are a bonus and clock the haters who thought she was nothing more than a touring act.

How many times were people making fun of her sales and chart positions? This is a great reality check.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think ARTPOP would be a better album if its tracklist were slimmed a little.

1. Aura
2. Venus
3. G.U.Y.
4. MANiCURE
5. Do What U Want ft. Xtina (remix)
6. ARTPOP
7. Swine
8. Mary Jane Holland
9. Gypsy
10. Applause

I think for her next album she should keep the tracklist shorter and polish what's there to a shine.

The sales are a bonus and clock the haters who thought she was nothing more than a touring act.

How many times were people making fun of her sales and chart positions? This is a great reality check.

Pretty much. After like three OPs of everyone coming for Bey pretty much constantly over being a flop and a touring act, the sales are just the icing on the cake. The album could have Lotus'd and I would still be stanning the heck out of it rn.

Yado

I would hate to live in this vile alternate dimension where audible ambien like Applause would be on anyone's album instead of Fashion.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I would hate to live in this vile alternate dimension where audible ambien like Applause would be on anyone's album instead of Fashion.

Yeah I'm kind of of on the fence about that. I think the general awfulness of Donatella kind of mentally sours me on Fashion too because of the word association.

I still use the bridge in Applause though. One of the top 'bits' on the album for sure.

[edit] She needs to ditch half her flop producers, too. Why doesn't she work with Red One any more? Did they have a fight or something?

[edit] I will say that ARTPOP (the track) is one of the best pop songs of the year.

Majmun

Pretty much. After like three OPs of everyone coming for Bey pretty much constantly over being a flop and a touring act, the sales are just the icing on the cake. The album could have Lotus'd and I would still be stanning the heck out of it rn.

4 kinda flopped and people were still stanning for it. Good sales won't make any bad album great all of a sudden. And bad sales won't make a good album terrible either.

And Bey is like the only fave that's currently evolving with her music. She did that with 4, and now with BEYONCÉ. She doesn't seem to give a shit about sales and chart positions anymore, otherwise she'd launch BEYONCÉ on a monday and clock everything and everyone into oblivion with the extra sales.

The Ghost part in Haunted kinda gives an indication of what she thinks of the current music industry. And not only Bey fans, but a lot of reguals seem to love her new material. Because it's just simply good, not just because of the hype.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Also, Swine is one of the best tracks on the album, why is it paid such dust?

That 'middle 8'...whatever you call it, after the 'swiiiine, swiiiine' bit is fucking awful though, kind of ruins the energy of the track.

Donatella and Fashion! slay. I'd only really drop Jewels n Drugs and Nope.

Bye, Donatella is a tuneless mess and the production is serving absolutely nothing that at least three other tracks don't do better. It's pointless filler that deserved to stay on the cutting room floor, hopefully covered in piss.

Slimming ARTPOP down to 10:

1) Aura
2) Venus
3) G.U.Y.
4) Do What U Want
5) ARTPOP
6) Swine
7) Donatella
8) Mary Jane Holland
9) Gypsy
10) Applause

Oddly enough the album sounds better with the full 15. Feel like a more complete collection.

4 kinda flopped and people were still stanning for it. Good sales won't make any bad album great all of a sudden. And bad sales won't make a good album terrible either.

Good sales do make POPGAF stan though. The only reason people in here are stanning for Bey this era is because she happened upon a smash. Otherwise people would be calling this album a hit-less, forgettable flop.

Trigger

Bye, Donatella is a tuneless mess and the production is serving absolutely nothing that at least three other tracks don't do better. It's pointless filler that deserved to stay on the cutting room floor, hopefully covered in piss.

ERgCdqY.gif
ERgCdqY.gif
ERgCdqY.gif

xaosslug

This thread is in the shitter because people have the personalities of goldfish with the bandwagoning and the sudden lapses in stanning.

Consider every album that came out recently that seemingly everyone loved some aspect of and then consider how everybody feels about them in PopGAF now.

Current examples (not totally sticking with 2013 here) that immediately come to mind include but are certainly not limited to: Body Music, ARTPOP, KE$HA proper, Your Body's leak, The Great Gatsby soundtrack.

Lord it is so tiring even thinking about it.

I'm sure BEYONCE is a good album but I can guarantee you in two-three months time that nobody will be as glowing about it.

especially Mary Jane Holland.

This doesn't apply to HAIM

er, welcome to pop music/ pop culture in general where one minute you are it of the moment and the next you are nawt.

peeps love to whine and cry about 'how shitty' popGAF is when they're not drinking popGAF's kool-aid flavor of the moment. I admit that I've done this myself, but I'm self-aware enough to know that I'm doing it. LOL

it's cute that's you've decided to take up arms for DMJ sis, but I'm not even a Bey stan and I caught how damn ftat-ironed they were when Beyoncé dropped. LOL And they only started perfuming harder when BeyoncéGAF happened.

Yado

Also, Swine is one of the best tracks on the album, why is it paid such dust?

That 'middle 8'...whatever you call it, after the 'swiiiine, swiiiine' bit is fucking awful though, kind of ruins the energy of the track.

I love everything about this post, from the Swine acknowledgement to calling out Donatella for being the armpit of the album. I'm sure I could find something nice to say about the other tracks I don't care for but Donatella is just the worst.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this amazing Paramore song that was also performed tonight: Ain't It Fun
Can't believe I missed this bop.

Ain't it good to be on your own
Ain't it fun you can't count on no one
Ain't it good to be on your own
Ain't it fun you can't count on no one
Ain't it fun living in the real world

igseJbEiFgQpK.gif

The whole album is kind of great tbh.

1. Aura
2. Venus
3. G.U.Y.
4. MANiCURE
6. ARTPOP
7. Swine
8. Mary Jane Holland
9. Gypsy
10. Applause

I think for her next album she should keep the tracklist shorter and polish what's there to a shine.

ARTPOP to me is perfect. The only skip worthy songs are just J&D (sometimes), Donatella, Gypsy, Dope and Applause. Everything else is fine.

On Bey though. I agree. All of a sudden we can't appreciate good music without being bandwagoners. So if we all start stanning Xtina or Gaga for their quality music, we aren't bandwagoners? I'm happy that Bey was able to shut down all the nicknames, the shade, the constant dragging for her albums sales in 3 OTs since I joined here constantly being dragged for even liking Bey, and the underestimating her impaCT. I don't agree with everyone being pressed if they got something to say.

royalan

YO

HOLD UP

WAIT A MINUTE

DMJ

What I wanna know is...you see it fit to come in here and throw shade at Gagatina, but you COULDN'T come in here to stan Danity Kane after their FLAWLESS House of Blues show!?!?

I mean, they were so flawless, even DAWN was slaying.

bnYxA7p.gif

tAan8FR.gif

4BvctmP.gif

Flop stan, tbh....

JCX

I don't get all the Applause hate. It's one of the few songs on the album that I like.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just seen Gagatina.

I'm not going to pretend that I am a fan of the honking and growling that they both indulged in, but I will say that if you're into that kind of thing it seemed like a good performance. I like that neither of them diva'd and tried to out-sing the other.

They should release a Gaga X Xtina version with no R Kelly, I think it would be quite good.

it's cute that's you've decided to take up arms for DMJ sis, but I'm not even a Bey stan and I caught how damn ftat-ironed they were when Beyoncé dropped. LOL And they only started perfuming harder when BeyoncéGAF happened.

ib1KYQCg39qGDb.gif

I mostly wanted to use the GIF.

Touchdown

Banned
Something I noticed about ARTPOP was that trimming it down won't stop it from being shit.

ag27qduf.gif

WAIT ROSALINA IS GOING TO BE PLAYABLE IN SUPER SMASH??!! HAAALP;LKJF;ALKHDF;LKASDJomglookatthelittlelumaevenhelpfightforheriLIVEEEEEEEEEEEEF;LKASDJF;L KAJF;LKJDS;LFKJAS;DLFKJ;ADSLFJKDSJF;LK

i3ADHtaDu08zu.gif

Majmun

Their loss. There are so many other alternatives to buy the album from.

And the Beyhive is going to boycot them now. Poor them

JCX

Bieber following the Timberlake route clearly. He'll come back in 4-7 years once his fans are grown and there is a new teen idol to hate

There won't be an album launch this iconic for awhile.

A long while.
Adele would like a word with you.

In other UK-related vaginal domination, Billboard finally reports:
Christmas has come early for Leona Lewis. The pop singer has set a new chart record by becoming the first British female solo artist to score eight U.K. top 5 singles.

The pop artist’s latest single “One More Sleep” (Syco Music) opened at No. 3 on the latest Official U.K. Singles Chart, gifting the former “X Factor” winner more hits than any other British female solo artist in history.

Lewis’ feat beats the record of seven previously held by Olivia Newton-John, the British-born Australian pop singer and actor. There’s a logjam at third place, with Petula Clark, Shirley Bassey, Cilla Black, Geri Halliwell, Billie Piper, Louise, Cheryl Cole, Emeli Sande, Jessie J and Ellie Goulding all jointly holding six solo U.K. top 5s.

Lewis has made a habit of busting chart records. Her debut 2007 album “Spirit” debuted at No. 1 in the U.K. with first-week sales of 375,872 units, to become the fastest-selling debut album in the U.K. (Susan Boyle's debut “I Dreamed a Dream” from November 2009 has since topped the set by selling 410,000 copies).

In 2008, Lewis' cover of Snow Patrol's "Run" went straight to the top of the singles chart, becoming the fastest-selling download in British chart history at the time, with 133,000 copies in a single week.

“One More Sleep” is lifted from Lewis’ fourth studio album, the festive-themed “Christmas, With Love.”
She's performing on X-Factor tomorrow and then Leno on Friday.
And some show on Fox News too, but let's pretend it's just a bad joke.

SlaY

tumblr_mxit70gl3s1qk2vawo3_250.gif

There’s a logjam at third place, with Petula Clark, Shirley Bassey, Cilla Black, Geri Halliwell, Billie Piper, Louise, Cheryl Cole, Emeli Sande, Jessie J and Ellie Goulding all jointly holding six solo U.K. top 5s.

Not Billie Piper.

HELP.

...she's not going to flop.

She's not.

This is going to be all over the news, every music blog, by tomorrow morning. Everyone is going to rush to download it.

Radio will scramble to choose a "single."

This will go down as the biggest surprise in music for 2013.

Beyonce just made every effort this year completely irrelevant.

I fucking can't STAND her.

I died reading this the night Bey's album dropped. Kiii

I love when Roy gets so steampressed but still stays unwaveringly objective. LOL

Britney Jean

Bops
Alien (!!!!!!!)
Work Bitch (!)
Perfume (!!!)
Til It's Gone (!!!)
Brightest Morning Star (!)
Hold On Tight (!)

Everything else I can live without.

Majmun

Just watched the Gaga & Xtina performance and it was really good.

Xtina looked like a goddess but Gaga sounded better. Can Xtina even sing anymore besides some random howling? It's a shame

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
isn't Taylor coming with something next year? I don't even stan ha and I KNOW her people are AWN DAT SHIT.

BEYONCÉ's iconic launch was more than just sales though; it was her dropping an entire album, with videos for every track, on iTunes with no warning and no leaks.

Partition

Banned

1. Aura
2. Venus
3. G.U.Y.
4. MANiCURE
6. ARTPOP
7. Swine
8. Mary Jane Holland
9. Gypsy
10. Applause

The fact you kept that trash ARTPOP and Swine in over Fashion! and Donatella is a crime

We share the same thoughts on Sexxx Dreams tho *.*
KXNyzLy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom