• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

image.php

LOL...a mess

DMeisterJ

Banned
TMZ said:
Original Danity Kane singer D. Woods would have LOVED to perform with the group during their reunion concert in L.A. this week ... only problem, she says they didn't invite her.

Woods tells us she first heard about the groups reunion plans back in May -- but not through the girls -- instead she learned via TMZ ... when we shot the girls meeting up with a new manager.

The 29-year old singer says none of the girls ever expressed any interest in a reunion after breaking up 5 years ago ... and Woods was met with resistance every time she tried.

Woods isn't quite sure why the girls want nothing to do with her ... but says she's happy they're still having success with "the sound that I helped them create."

This image clocks the first bolded statement

jpqY9jXcLfKVQ.PNG

This doesn't look like someone who was never contacted for a reunion...

And the second bolded statement is lol-worthy, and not worthy of any other response.

-----

Never one to be lied on or have her character assassinated, Queen Aubrey subbed the fuck out of D Woods on Twitter

@AubreyODay said:
Do you spend your time takin interviews.. or do you work?

Which incited these fumes and mass amount of pressure from D

@YaGirlDWoods said:
That was cute @aubreyoday my attorney will be coming for my cut off that WORK #stillusingmyvocals

A Mess.

-----

Fun fact, check D.Woods mentions for the kii, her mentions are the pits

This image clocks the first bolded statement

jpqY9jXcLfKVQ.PNG

This doesn't look like someone who was never contacted for a reunion...

And the second bolded statement is lol-worthy, and not worthy of any other response.

-----

Never one to be lied on or have her character assassinated, Queen Aubrey subbed the fuck out of D Woods on Twitter

Which incited these fumes and mass amount of pressure from D

A Mess.

-----

Fun fact, check D.Woods mentions for the kii, her mentions are the pits

She probably thought no one would care for their return and now she's regretting not joining them.

royalan

She probably thought no one would care for their return and now she's regretting not joining them.

EXACTLY

I liked D.Woods in the group, don't get me wrong, but she's being really messy here.

The other girls gave her a chance. They WANTED her back in the group. And not only did she turn them down, but she then had the nerve to throw subtle shade over it (when the girls have been nothing but classy in interviews whenever they've been asked about her).

But now she sees that people are actually checking for a Danity Kane reunion and the other girls are about to get some coins, and now she wants a piece??? AND she wants to be shady and run to TMZ about it? No thanks.

Bless Aubrey for swiftly clocking her.

Bladenic

I woke up like this, I woke up like this
We flawless, ladies tell 'em
I woke up like this, I woke up like this
We flawless, ladies tell 'em
Say "I look so good tonight"
God damn, God damn
Say "I look so good tonight"
God damn, God damn, God damn!

:surfboard:

Majmun

Bey's HDD prediction for this week bumped to 375k.

QUEEN BEY REIGNS ON: Physical sales on Beyoncé's year-end blockbuster are now projected at over 100k, thus raising the overall projection to 375k+ for the chart week ending today; it's likely that the album will reach the 1 million mark imminently, if it hasn't already. Retailers who have chosen not to carry the Columbia megadiva's album (due to the first-week iTunes exclusive) appear to have hurt only themselves.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Selling more in her 2nd week than other girls' debut week :deadbanana

EXACTLY

I liked D.Woods in the group, don't get me wrong, but she's being really messy here.

The other girls gave her a chance. They WANTED her back in the group. And not only did she turn them down, but she then had the nerve to throw subtle shade over it (when the girls have been nothing but classy in interviews whenever they've been asked about her).

But now she sees that people are actually checking for a Danity Kane reunion and the other girls are about to get some coins, and now she wants a piece??? AND she wants to be shady and run to TMZ about it? No thanks.

Bless Aubrey for swiftly clocking her.

I love how she said that they're using the sound she created for them lol. I actually think Danity Kane is much better as a 4 member group.

Majmun

Bey will have two months off from touring. I'm sure she's going to perform XO or DIL somwhere for more promo.

XO def sounds like a smash. But she needs to get it out there.

Dat Xmas freeze:

1. EMINEM – The Monster f/Rihanna: 188.001 (- 0.974)
2. ONEREPUBLIC – Counting Stars: 167.440 (- 0.547)
3. IMAGINE DRAGONS – Demons: 161.474 (- 1.559)
4. AVICII – Wake Me Up: 147.457 (- 2.186)
5. LORDE – Royals: 133.007 (- 3.464)

6. PITBULL – Timber f/Ke$ha: 127.502 (+ 0.865)
7. DRAKE – Hold On We’re, Going Home: 116.135 (- 1.952)
8. PASSENGER – Let Her Go: 88.622 (- 0.850)
9. ZEDD – Stay The Night f/H. Williams: 84.717 (- 0.657)
10. MILEY CYRUS – Wrecking Ball: 79.271 (- 3.594)

11. LADY GAGA – Do What U Want f/R. Kelly: 75.116 (- 0.274) ▲
12. KATY PERRY – Roar: 73.030 (- 1.361) ▼

13. ELLIE GOULDING – Burn: 72.684 (+ 1.048) ▲
14. NEIGHBOURHOOD – Sweater Weather: 71.191 (- 0.257) ▲
15. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – White Walls f/ScHoolboy Q: 70.059 (- 1.672) ▼
16. FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Stay: 63.640 (- 0.425)

17. LORDE – Team: 63.042 (+ 1.744) ▲
18. ELI YOUNG BAND – Drunk Last Night: 62.554 (- 1.121)
19. LADY GAGA – Applause: 61.138 (- 0.660)
20. KATY PERRY – Unconditionally: 60.947 (- 3.052) ▼

A GREAT BIG WORLD – Say Something w/C. Aguilera: 60.908 (+ 1.630)
ONE DIRECTION – Story Of My Life: 60.297 (+ 0.498)
ZAC BROWN BAND – Sweet Annie: 60.182 (+ 0.012)
DARIUS RUCKER – Radio: 56.862 (- 0.748)
THE BAND PERRY – Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: 56.407 (- 0.775)
BASTILLE – Pompeii: 54.995 (+ 0.643)
ERIC PASLAY – Friday Night: 51.442 (- 0.468)
COLE SWINDELL – Chillin’ It: 49.972 (- 0.585)
LUKE BRYAN – Drink A Beer: 48.468 (- 0.440)
CASSADEE POPE – Wasting All These Tears: 45.379 (- 0.353)

MARIAH CAREY – All I Want For Christmas Is…: 50.830 (+ 1.354)
BRENDA LEE – Rockin’ Around The Christmas..: 42.677 (+ 0.666)
BOBBY HELMS – Jingle Bell Rock: 40.420 (+ 0.646)
NAT KING COLE – The Christmas Song: 40.390 (+ 0.870)
BURL IVES – Have A Holly Jolly Christmas: 40.242 (+ 0.045)
JASON ALDEAN – When She Says Baby: 39.231 (- 0.171)
KATY PERRY – Dark Horse: 38.128 (+ 2.013)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Compass: 34.574 (- 0.744)
DRAKE – The Language: 25.596 (+ 0.138)
BEYONCE – Drunk In Love f/Jay Z: 24.723 (+ 2.280)
KELLY CLARKSON – Underneath The Tree: 18.837 (+ 0.505)
BRITNEY SPEARS – Perfume: 18.139 (- 0.456)
BRUNO MARS – Young Girls: 15.998 (+ 0.916)
BEYONCE – XO: 13.261 (+ 2.321)
DEMI LOVATO – Neon Lights: 11.831 (+ 0.672)

Mumei

Anno Dominant: Yeezus' miraculous year

I bring this up because in all these ways—to say nothing of its much-debated but at least existent feminism—Beyoncé feels like the anti-Yeezus, a consensus-shattering work if ever there was one. I also bring it up because one of the most notorious events in West’s enfant terrible portfolio involved Beyoncé quite centrally, and speaks to West’s importance to 2013 and beyond. In 2009 West rushed the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards to protest Taylor Swift’s “You Belong With Me” winning Best Female Video over Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies,” a result that in our current context seems frankly unfathomable.

In true Kanye fashion, he was right; it was every way he went about being right that was wrong, and those ways are what we remember. But part of what caused West to lash out that night was his own recognition that the music industry relies on the creative labor of black artists to a disproportionate degree, while each year heaping disproportionate prestige and commercial advantage onto white ones. As Michael Arceneaux recently argued in an online piece for Esquire, this trend has lately coursed through pop music with a vengeance, and as Chris Molanphy points out over at the Slate Music Club, no black artist topped the Billboard Hot 100 in 2013.

One of West’s favorite talking points is that he’s never won a Grammy when going up against a white artist. It’s not actually true, but it’s true that he’s never won the Grammys’ crown jewel, Album of the Year. The last time West was eligible, for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2012, he wasn’t even nominated, despite having made one of the best-reviewed albums in history. That year the award went to Adele, a white British soul singer. In fact, it’s been 10 years since Album of the Year went to a rap album, and the list of hip-hop artists who’ve never won the award at all can be summed up as “everyone who’s not Lauryn Hill or Outkast.” That may change this year, as (drum roll) Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are favored to win for the increasingly aptly named The Heist. West, once again, isn’t nominated.

Aptly named indeed. Interesting article. I have no opinion on Kanye himself, really.

royalan

Anno Dominant: Yeezus' miraculous year

Aptly named indeed. Interesting article. I have no opinion on Kanye himself, really.

I think there is a point to be made in this article but I don't know if the article gets there by using Kanye West and Beyonce as examples of the creative labor of black artists being undervalued in comparison to the creative labor of white artists. I mean, these are two of the most decorated and biggest-selling acts of the last decade. Beyonce just became the most nominated artist in the history of the Grammys ever (a distinction I don't believe for one second she's rightfully earned, but whatever).

Why is "***Flawless" so flawless?

It's not? ***Flawless is fucking terrible. I have the same problem with it that I had with Partition: it jumps all over the place too goddamn much, and then it ends so abruptly after the speech that goes on way too long.It was a much better song when it was Bow Down.

Although, it did make me seek out the Tedx talk from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie from which the speech in the song is pulled. It was good talk.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I really like the excerpt from the speech. The speaker was spitting pure unadulterated truth. I have to commend Bey's team for including that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom