• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bless Katy for not sipping the Kool-Aid. Britney's Vegas show is a mess.
You've been stating this as though everyone agrees, but as far as I can tell it's an impression borne from wishful thinking and delusions. I haven't seen a single impression that agrees with it and the videos I've seen suggest that it actually looks pretty good.

My official diagnosis: you are fuming.

Prescription: stay bothered.

icJf6CCyzYrzU.gif

Bladenic

You've been stating this as though everyone agrees, but as far as I can tell it's an impression borne from wishful thinking and delusions. I haven't seen a single impression that agrees with it and the videos I've seen suggest that it actually looks pretty good.

Omg go in.

BcWPUUUCcAAiXz4.jpg:large

royalan

YAASSSS!!! Stay up-to-date on my opinions as per, Godel!

Besides, I have no reason to fume. I'm just getting my life from the fact that Britney's set the bar so low with her performances that simply not looking dead is hailed by her stans as a "return to form."

AND this was opening night! Lets see how she's doing by show 8.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Besides, I have no reason to fume. I'm just getting my life from the fact that Britney's set the bar so low with her performances that simply not looking dead is hailed by her stans as a "return to form."

!!!!!!!! Like !

She bends a few joints and she's returned to form? kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Album of 2013: Born to die from Lana. That was 2012? Aw shit... In that case: Heal from Loreen. That was 2012 as well??

Okay, a threeway tie between Lordes album, Cassies mixtape thing amd the AlunaGeorge album.

All in all, the established pop princesses let down (i'm looking at you britney), but lesser known artists picked up the slack.

Koodo

Banned

lmao, the root extraction.

Album of 2013: Born to die from Lana. That was 2012? Aw shit... In that case: Heal from Loreen. That was 2012 as well??

Okay, a threeway tie between Lordes album, Cassies mixtape thing amd the AlunaGeorge album.

All in all, the established pop princesses let down (i'm looking at you britney), but lesser known artists picked up the slack.
My album of the year is Ariana Grande's Yours Truly. Right There, Honeymoon Avenue, Almost Is Never Enough >>>>>

Her debut effort clockeD the pretenders back to their place in ha creaky antechamber. Can't wait for her follow-up (as long as she sticks with the Rascals production house).

Now that I think about: kesha's album was 2013 as well right? Its definitely worth a mention. some great songs on that as well...NO ONES GETTING OUT ALIVE!!

Have you heard ARTPOP and Yoncé? :eyes:
Yes. Artpop is similar to Btw: some good songs, but overal not fantastic. I use GUY and donatella the most

I'll reserve judgement to the beyonce album cause its taken in a direction that i dont really like (r&b rap stuff). But even i can hear its definitely better than her previous effort. I kinda like Drunk in love (minus jayz).

All in all, both are albums I'll rarely listen to. Which, in the case of gaga is kinda sad, cause Im a fan of her.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

Show 8 will be fine. If it's not, I hope she gets eaten alive by critics. Her performance schedule isn't even remotely rigorous, is it? She's got most of January off and rarely performs more than two nights in a row after that. The show is a total joke in comparison to previous concert residencies.

royalan

Overall, I think I'm happier with 2013...although several of my expected faves did not deliver.

Sia
MKS
Kyliesus
Robyn
Azealia Banks

You all need to deliver PRODUCT next year, ladies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Overall, I think I'm happier with 2013...although several of my expected faves did not deliver.

Sia
MKS
Kyliesus
Robyn
Azealia Banks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's been saying for a while that her album is coming this spring -- March, I believe. You expected something in 2013?

I'm quite content with the material we've gotten from her this year. Sure, it's primarily been in the form of songs she's written and not performed on...but they've been solid songs, for the most part. It all just hypes me up for what her solo album might contain.

royalan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's been saying for a while that her album is coming this spring -- March, I believe. You expected something in 2013?

Yes. She was tweeting back in 2012 that her album was coming out this year.

Then she started writing/producing for every HEW with a Soundcloud account.

Sia
MKS
Kyliesus
Robyn
Azealia Banks

After the unexpected seismic wave of lower back activity inflicted by Flatline, I was thirsty for more.

Definitely the biggest disappointment of the year.

royalan

After the unexpected seismic wave of lower back activity inflicted by Flatline, I was thirsty for more.

Definitely the biggest disappointment of the year.

Yeah, same here. ;_____;

But they really botched the launch of Flatline, so part of of me is glad they went back to the drawing board and are planning a smarter relaunch, rather than trying to make it happen with an era they shot in the foot.

Looking like a Wii U 2014 release list

ibxdRKQe7eCltd.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Yeah, same here. ;_____;

But they really botched the launch of Flatline, so part of of me is glad they went back to the drawing board and are planning a smarter relaunch, rather than trying to make it happen with an era they shot in the foot.
Or maybe they'll just end up breaking up before then.

My AOTYs are pretty much

BEYONCE
Body Music
Settle
Electric Lady
Yours Truly
ArtPOP
Days are gone
The 20/20 experience Prt 1.

That's pretty much it.. Everything else is a bunch of remix and ep/volumes.

Heal got a rerelease this year so STAN LORQUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

royalan

Or maybe they'll just end up breaking up before then.

Girl, don't even PLAY AROUND like that. ;____;

On another note, one thing I HOPE happens next year is that all the main pop girls PACE OUT THEIR ALBUM RELEASES.

So tired of the first half of the year being a barren wasteland because everyone's trolling after holiday sales thinking that's where the money is. Maybe now that everyone's flopping they'll realize that shit doesn't fucking matter and start spreading out releases so they're not all on top of each other.

Hell, I'm convinced part of the reason JT did so well with 20/20 Experience Pt. 1 was because he released in the beginning of the year and had practically zero competition.

DMeisterJ

Banned
AOTY 2014 is a toss up between Rihanna8, her self-titled Reggae-Pop alber, or Danity Kane 3, the comeback album that sets the blueprint for all girl groups forever.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Sia
MKS
Kyliesus
Robyn
Azealia Banks

Robyn took like 4 or 5 years between Robyn and Body Talk, I think? She lets the bops marinate and distill.

NinjaBoiX

My favourite pop records this year, as people are voting:

1. Paramore - Paramore
2. AlunaGeorge - Body Music
3. Lorde - Pure Heroine
4. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
5. Disclosure - Settle

I like female vocals and synths.

Styles

Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone
But you keep my old scarf from that very first week
Cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me

I just cannot handle the melody during this bit.
I cannot.

iwb07CTRghPHz.gif

Stefan™;95104570 said:
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone
But you keep my old scarf from that very first week
Cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me

I just cannot handle the melody during this bit.
I cannot.

iwb07CTRghPHz.gif

Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise.
So casually cruel in the name of being honest.
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
'Cause I remember it all, all, all... too well.

This is the part I can never handle

iwb07CTRghPHz.gif

royalan

First you gotta put your neck into it
Don't stop, just do, do it
Then you roll your tongue, from the crack back to the front
then suck it off til I shake and cum nigga
make sure I keep bustin nuts nigga
all over your face and stuff
slow head show me so much love
the best head comes from a thug
the dick good dick big and long
slow fuckin til the crack of dawn
on the edge makin faces n stuff
Through the night, making so much love
Dead sleep when the sun comes up

iwb07CTRghPHz.gif

Styles

Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise.
So casually cruel in the name of being honest.
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
'Cause I remember it all, all, all... too well.

This is the part I can never handle

iwb07CTRghPHz.gif

I hope she performs the tour version at the Grammys with this tempo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD1h_Vouu8A

;__;

She slowed down the performance quite a bit half way through the tour. It kind of lessened the impact of the ending ;__;

One kid with a promise
The brightest kid in school
He's not a fool
Reading books about science and smart stuff
It's not enough, no
Cause smart don't make you cool, whoa

So deep, who scribed such cutting poetry.

giphy.gif

royalan

One kid with a promise
The brightest kid in school
He's not a fool
Reading books about science and smart stuff
It's not enough, no
Cause smart don't make you cool, whoa

So deep, who scribed such cutting poetry.

giphy.gif

Sis, don't even play, I legit love that song!

Stole is such a gem. Methinks Kelly would have found greater success if she stuck with that Urban Singer-Songwriter vibe. ;____;

Now he's got the same-sized hands as Marilyn Monroe....

Sis, don't even play, I legit love that song!

Stole is such a gem. Methinks Kelly would have found greater success if she stuck with that Urban Singer-Songwriter vibe. ;____;

Now he's got the same-sized hands as Marilyn Monroe....
Solange continued from where she left off. Too bad.

Fuck David Guetta and his syphilitic influence.

Stefan™;95107291 said:
She did change her facebook cover to a pic of the ATW performance...

Yeah I saw that. Forming a prayer circle tbh.

In other news,

I burned some bridges down
There must be some way out
The voices speak so loud
Will you forgive me now?

tumblr_inline_mhbh7qQo5d1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mhbh7qQo5d1qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom