• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;95336980 said:
FUN FACT

Justin Beiber's BELIEVE TOUR has gone onto gross more than 200M+ WW, making it the biggest solo male tour of all time.

BOW TO THE KING OF POP!

kiiii
I'm sure I'm wrong, but it feels like he's been on tour since 2011.

When's the last time he made headlines because of his music tbh? This new iTunes only release of a bunch of old OK songs and new shitty ones makes it seem like he don't even curr any more.

I suppose he'll enjoy a long and fruitful career of sidebar mentions in Star Magazine for new and exciting escapades against random paparazzos.

sad

The pirate one...

sdasfadsgasdsgfsdsagfsadsgfsadsfgdsfsdagdsdfsadfas

tumblr_mhrmn7arss1qaqmkyo4_250.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
If I like Lady Gaga and Lana Del Rey, what other pop artist would you guys recommend?

Sky Ferreira (listen to ha debut album, Night Time My Time), Ellie Goulding (listen to ha recent release, Halcyon Days), Lorde (listen to The Love Club EP), Charli XCX (listen to ha debut album, True Romance).
kiss.gif
kiss.gif
kiss.gif

Whenever I read praise for Beyoncé I just tell myself that people are praising the hype of the album's release, and not the album itself. This is how I cope.

Seriously though, the album is good but not 92 good. That's putting it in Janelle Monae/Lauryn Hill territory, and I just don't find the album to be as intimate and/or driven in its intent as it would need to be to place in THAT caliber. The tracks just aren't that strong or memorable. After giving the album a rest, I've settled on the opinion that Bey's album is very much the female version of Jay's Magna Carta...very expensive sounding, but ultimately superficial. This is also how I cope.

Quelle surprise!
tumblr_myduzhVi671s36cpqo1_500.gif

Bladenic

I'm sure I'm wrong, but it feels like he's been on tour since 2011.

When's the last time he made headlines because of his music tbh? This new iTunes only release of a bunch of old OK songs and new shitty ones makes it seem like he don't even curr any more.

I suppose he'll enjoy a long and fruitful career of sidebar mentions in Star Magazine for new and exciting escapades against random paparazzos.

sad

Didn't you just post a post stanning his new songs a few weeks ago at most?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;95336980 said:
FUN FACT

Justin Beiber's BELIEVE TOUR has gone onto gross more than 200M+ WW, making it the biggest solo male tour of all time.

BOW TO THE KING OF POP!

kiiii
So does this mean Rihanna is the female Justin Bieber?
kiss.gif

so, now that godelsmetric's fave is slaying again she's gone back to dragging Christina for no other reason except it just so happens to be a Christina stan she's getting into it with...

ibqIioy228Csu0.gif
Look all I'm really saying is that stans in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Hew were the Bey stans?

Lemme kiss your ass and apologize.

Beyonce's self-titled album made me a believer. I'm so sorry.
I'd offer up my ass but tbh I'm as surprised as you are.
Let her in.

bleachonce5apdk.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

=========

Oh and for anyone in the UK, there's a documentary on 4oD at the moment called 'Queer as Pop: From Gay Scene to Mainstream' which is about how the gays invented music*. Well worth a watch: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/queer-as-pop-from-gay-scene-to-mainstream/4od

*Not quite the topic but close.

Mumei

I don't post about my fave very often, but I came across this video on YouTube that I figured was interesting enough to post. It's an hour and some change in length.

I will listen to this when I get home!

Whenever I read praise for Beyoncé I just tell myself that people are praising the hype of the album's release, and not the album itself. This is how I cope.

Seriously though, the album is good but not 92 good. That's putting it in Janelle Monae/Lauryn Hill territory, and I just don't find the album to be as intimate and/or driven in its intent as it would need to be to place in THAT caliber. The tracks just aren't that strong or memorable. After giving the album a rest, I've settled on the opinion that Bey's album is very much the female version of Jay's Magna Carta...very expensive sounding, but ultimately superficial. This is also how I cope.

Oh, how quickly things change.

royalan

I will listen to this when I get home!

Oh, how quickly things change.

LOL - I won't lie, I got a bit swept up in the hype.

That, and the fact that I actually DO like the album. It's good, and I enjoy it...which COMPLETELY caught me by surprise because I hated 4 with the force of a thousand suns and thought Beyonce was past the point of being able to make music that I would ever consider good.

Touchdown

Banned
Let's remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made, and broken.
The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures, or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt.
Because that’s what New Year’s is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more.
And stop worrying about ‘what if’ and start embracing what will be. Let’s remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight, but all year long.

-Touchdown

tumblr_inline_myo1b4HgJT1qaw0cb.gif

Bladenic

LOL - I won't lie, I got a bit swept up in the hype.

That, and the fact that I actually DO like the album. It's good, and I enjoy it...which COMPLETELY caught me by surprise because I hated 4 with the force of a thousand suns and thought Beyonce was past the point of being able to make music that I would ever consider good.

What are your faves?

Kiiiii. I legitimately laughed out loud when I first saw this gif. And I'm trying to control my giggles right now.

Her expression is perfect. It just conveys a sense of 'just dealing with some everyday bullshit.'

JLo's new single cover:

And a snippet.

Can't tell if it'll be a bop or trash.

Edit: the cover may be fanmade

That snippet sounds like a garbage mess, but you really can't judge from such a shitty clip. I was really over J-Lo's last offerings a few years ago though. It felt sort of insincere and tryhard. The singles, anyway. I loved what she was serving at the AMAs though, so here's hoping she brings some of that fierceness back with her and less generic "GET ON THE FLOOR" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom