• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

ilNPrcK6cmbXM.gif

OMFG! T_T

it's so much better, tbh.

ibodSVOpDY9NbA.gif

Majmun

Happy new year, hoes. Love you all.

New year, new slayage: Bey is going to open the World Cup this year with Paul McCartney. Who else but two legends?

My friend and I were listening to that and busting out laughing at all of Christina's parts... giving me R&B harmonies for dummies right here.

R Kelly version remains king, even if she wants to phase it out right now. lol

royalan

My friend and I were listening to that and busting out laughing at all of Christina's parts... giving me R&B harmonies for dummies right here.

R Kelly version remains king, even if she wants to phase it out right now. lol

That makes no sense. They're are only harmonizing in one particular part of the song. They spend most of the time straight-up singing together or against each other.

And this version is better than R-Pedi's for the simple fact that there are actually vocals in it.

I'm disappointed, and I was hoping this would turn out to be amazing. It just sounds like they shoe-horned Christina in, and I can't stand that. I would have liked it a lot more if Gaga had re-recorded the song along with Christina so that it would flow better. I enjoyed the performance of the song by both of them on The Voice, and preferred it over the R. Kelly version, but I just can't get into this. Ugh, Do What U Want should have never been a single. Venus should have been the second single like Gaga wanted it to be. ARTPOP doesn't deserve this mess. If this tanks, which I totally expect it to, the record label better release G.U.Y. as a single pronto.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
That was awful. R Kelly was carrying that song.
I agree, sadly. I was really looking forward to it, but I think I'm too used to the original. And this remix isn't different enough, so listening to it is just...weird. Well that sucks.

I hope they do something else together in the future.

royalan

I'm disappointed, and I was hoping this would turn out to be amazing. It just sounds like they shoe-horned Christina in, and I can't stand that. I would have liked it a lot more if Gaga had re-recorded the song along with Christina so that it would flow better. I enjoyed the performance of the song by both of them on The Voice, and preferred it over the R. Kelly version, but I just can't get into this. Ugh, Do What U Want should have never been a single. Venus should have been the second single like Gaga wanted it to be. ARTPOP doesn't deserve this mess. If this tanks, which I totally expect it to, the record label better release G.U.Y. as a single pronto.

The track is 100% fanservice. People are expecting too much out of it.

Venus is a terrible track and would have been DOA if ever released as a single.

ARTPOP era is done.

Majmun

ABC Presents the 30 Greatest Women in Music

30. Karen Carpenter
29. Gwen Stefani
28. Celine Dion
27. Chaka Khan
26. Lady Gaga
25. Pat Benatar
24. Shania Twain
23. Cher
22. Adele
21. Gloria Estefan
20. Katy Perry
19. Cyndi Lauper
18. P!nk
17. Gladys Knight
16. Donna Summer
15. Alicia Keys
14. Rihanna
13. Dolly Parton
12. Christina Aguilera
11. Janet Jackson
10. Blondie
9. Taylor Swift
8. Mariah Carey
7. Annie Lennox
6. Diana Ross
5. Madonna
4. Beyonce
3. Aretha Franklin
2. Tina Turner
1. Whitney Houston

Can you find your fave?
id1kHsGx8afA6.gif

SaintZ

Happy New Year GAFPOP! I hope you're having a great time and here's to having a wonderful 2014

iNyxrf7PvEdJE.gif

I'm having Tequila shots tonight i hope i get wasted.

Icicle

Janet and Brandy are coming for wigs in 2014. Book it. Your faves have been warned.

2013 was a great year, but 2014 will be even better.

royalan

The R Smelly version would have had to have been alive at some point to be killed off.

oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom