• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outkast needs to come out with an album, its been far too long. I know it isn't pop but dammit, I miss them.

tumblr_inline_myqoe1AXm01r72lv9.png

Omg, no. I'm now having a momenT with Roses.

I know you'd like to think your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See that roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo
Yeah roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo

I C O N I C.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Compare this literature.

Caroline! Caroline!
See Caroline all the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short
Yeah, now dig this, now even though
You'd need a golden calculator to divide
The time it takes to look inside and realize that
Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah!

[Chorus- Repeat 2x]
I know you'd like to thank your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See that roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo

Caroline! See she's the reason for the word "bitch"
I hope she's speeding on the way to the club
Trying to hurry up to get to some
Baller or singer or somebody like that
And try to put on her makeup in the mirror
And crash, crash, crash.. into a ditch! (Just Playing!)
She needs a golden calculator to divide
The time it takes to look inside and realize that
Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah!

[Chorus]

Well she's got a hotty body, but her attitude is potty
When I met her at a party she was hardly acting naughty
I said "Shorty, would you call me?"
She said "Pardon me, are you ballin'?"
I said "Darling, you sound like a prostitute pausing"
Oh so you're one them freaks, get geeked at the sight of an ATM receipt
But game been peeped, dropping names she's weak
Trickin' off this bitch is lost
Must take me for a geek a quick way to eat
A neat place sleep, a rent-a-car for a week, a trick for a treat
Now go on the raw sex, my AIDS test is flawless
Regardless, we don't want to get involved with all them lawyers
And judges just to hold grudges in a courtroom
I wanna see ya support bra not support you!

[Chorus]

Better come back down to Mars
Girl, quit chasin' cars
What happens when the dough get so low
Bitch, you ain't that fine
No way.. no way.. no way

[Repeat 2x]
Crazy bitch
Bitch, stupid ass bitch
Old punk ass bitch, old dumb ass bitch
A bitch is a bitch, just a bitch

to this filth.

It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
And make fun of our ex's, uh uh, uh uh.
It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight
To fall in love with strangers, uh uh, uh uh.

Yeah,
We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical.
Oh, yeah
Tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines
It's time

Uh oh!
I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright
If you keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
If we just keep dancing like we're
22, ooh-ooh
22, ooh-ooh

It seems like one of those nights,
This place is too crowded.
Too many cool kids, uh uh, uh uh (who's Taylor Swift anyway, ew?)
It seems like one of those nights,
We ditch the whole scene and end up dreaming
Instead of sleeping.

Yeah,
We're happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way
It's miserable and magical.
Oh, yeah
Tonight's the night when we forget about the heartbreaks
It's time

Uh oh! (hey!)
I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright (alright)
22, ooh-ooh (oh, oh, oh)
22, ooh-ooh
I don't know about you
22, ooh-ooh
22, ooh-ooh

It feels like one of those nights,
We ditch the whole scene.
We won't be sleeping.
You look like bad news.
I gotta have you,
I gotta have you.

Ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh, ye-e-e-e-eah, hey
I don't know about you (I don't know about you)
But I'm feeling 22
You don't know about me (you don't know about me)
But I'll bet you want to
22, ooh-ooh
22, ooh-ooh
22, ooh-ooh, yeah, yeah
22, ooh-ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah

We ditch the whole scene
We won't be sleeping
You look like bad news,
I gotta have you,
I gotta have you.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I disagree. She's definitely written some shit songs, but she's also written some great ones.

Although her shit ones definitely stand out more.

A broken clock is right twice a day. She makes 1 or 2 decent songs for every 5 shit ones.

Just wanted to take this time and bitch about how Britney Spears has eliminated every last ounce of value and quality that was associated with her career and legacy with the laziest high-profile concert tour I've ever seen in my life. When you run out to pasture in Vegas and sign a two year contract to rest on your laurels every night for your desperately nostalgic fans, and then have the fucking NERVE to not only treat them to a lip synced and under-choreographed mess, but actually lack the mere ability or motivation to even muster a split second of personality, heart, or CONTROL over this 2 hour career elimination. This "Piece Of Me" concert, from all the footage I've seen so far, is a fucking disgrace by any standard, let alone the submerged asthenospheric standards we decide is OKAY to assign to Britney Spears just because her ghost face is now a euphemism for tragic MESS.

People say "oh well Britney already had a great career, that doesn't change with her output right now." WRONG. Every moment in her career factors into the whole, and right now what she's doing is diluting every remaining positive in her musical legacy. She's a disrespectful asshole who's wasting away her fans' money and support and funneling it into the greatest has-been exhibition I've ever seen in my life.

You ain't shit, girl. We thought you were before, but now you've given me no reason to even credit your past. Your entire career is a farce because of right the fuck now. BYE FELICIA

tumblr_md3jvb1F941rg2x2no1_500.gif

royalan

Just wanted to take this time and bitch about how Britney Spears has eliminated every last ounce of value and quality that was associated with her career and legacy with the laziest high-profile concert tour I've ever seen in my life. When you run out to pasture in Vegas and sign a two year contract to rest on your laurels every night for your desperately nostalgic fans, and then have the fucking NERVE to not only treat them to a lip synced and under-choreographed mess, but actually lack the mere ability or motivation to even muster a split second of personality, heart, or CONTROL over this 2 hour career elimination. This "Piece Of Me" concert, from all the footage I've seen so far, is a fucking disgrace by any standard, let alone the submerged asthenospheric standards we decide is OKAY to assign to Britney Spears just because her ghost face is now a euphemism for tragic MESS.

People say "oh well Britney already had a great career, that doesn't change with her output right now." WRONG. Every moment in her career factors into the whole, and right now what she's doing is diluting every remaining positive in her musical legacy. She's a disrespectful asshole who's wasting away her fans' money and support and funneling it into the greatest has-been exhibition I've ever seen in my life.

You ain't shit, girl. We thought you were before, but now you've given me no reason to even credit your past. Your entire career is a farce because of right the fuck now. BYE FELICIA

tumblr_md3jvb1F941rg2x2no1_500.gif

LAWD. THE SCALDING TEA. SPILL IT.

royalan

Piggybacking off of Soul-sis' brilliant reading of that walking cautionary tale, I think the worst thing about about "Piece of Me" is that it didn't have to be as unbearably pathetic as it is. I think the public has gotten used to the fact that "Britney Jean" is not the old Britney. She's old, brittle, haggard, and just not as into it as she used to be. Well, into it at all, really. I think "Piece of Me" (and the new album) could have been a good opportunity for Britney Spears the entertainer to evolve into a more genuine representation of who Britney Spears the person is. As such, I was expecting Britney's Vegas show to be a bit more subdued, raw, and intimate an offering. I think most people were expecting that. And the sad thing is I think Britney herself wants that. In most of her interviews this era Britney has been incredibly subdued -- talking about her family, her children, and not being as "sexy" as she used to be when she was younger. The Britney we've gotten in interviews this era is so different from the Britney being propped up in front of us that Larry Rudolph and her father have had to go on the record apologizing for Britney "misspeaking" about her own damn life. This is the Britney that wants to make make a big band album. This is the Britney that wants to evolve into something else.

Instead, we get this mindless rag doll going through the motions on a stage she seems barely cognizant of. This lifeless person playing at being a pop star, and really not seeming to believe the act herself.

What's worse is that this not only highlights how little a say Britney has in her own career and life choices, but it highlights just how out-of-touch the people who are in control (her succubus father and sleazy manager) are. Britney's loyal fans and the public are ready to see Britney transform into something else. Britney is ready to see Britney transform into something. But Larry and Papa Spears are like two perverted old geezers who can only see Britney in terms of stripper heels and revealing outfits. To them, Britney's appeal will only ever be that. And that's just fucking sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom