• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but t swift drinks the blood of the gay men she beards for in order to remain perpetually youthful

Someone at Interscope should've bought gaga a bottle. Put it on the tab of her 25mill marketing budget.

ibl5wTQ0XJMC0Y.gif

Rocket Number 9
Take off to the planet
To the planet
Venus
Aphrodite lady seashell bikini
Garden panty
Venus
Let's blast off to a new dimension
In your bedroom
Penus

F4DT2LE.gif

[edit]: I'm listening. :eyes:

It's boring af. :eyes:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS RIH.

SAVE THIS MESS OF A SONG.

Majmun

The Rihanna parts are great. Shakira is such a horrible singer..

Beautiful Liar is definitely the superior collab song. CRTFY is quite e mess.

So far this just sounds like something off of She Wolf...

EDIT: Hmmmm, I'm sort of conflicted. On the one hand, I think the melodies are good and the chorus is catchy on paper. On the other hand I think Shakira's tone can saturate the effectiveness of those melodies because she has such a heavy timbre in her voice. It's easy to distract from the simplicity of the song itself.

Rihanna saves it for sure. If this had more Rih or was just a Rih song in general I probably would enjoy this a lot. It might be a grower though, I'm actually a big fan of Shakira. lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so far this is just serving me stale gods aloud - control of the knife cod reggae/ska teas

as ever, the gods were nearly a decade ahead of their time, qweens

[edit] oh the chorus is a bit better

[edit2] obviously the gods aloud song is better but i could see shakirih growing on me

Koodo

Banned
It's cute, but I wonder if there will even be a superior Spanish version this time since the Barbadian can't speak any other language.

Bonus cackle at Rihanus pulling a gringa on a song that would have benefitted from her island patois. Like, [w h a t]?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's cute, but I wonder if there will even be a superior Spanish version this time since the Barbadian can't speak any other language.

Bonus cackle at Rihanus pulling a gringa on a song that would have benefitted from her island patois. Like, [w h a t]?

well I for one am shocked—shocked—that rihanna would phone in her vocals

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna sounded better on Shakira on this song. Her voice works so well with so many sounds that I'm not even surprised it sounds good there. Homegirl may not have the singing chips of others, but she puts what she has to amazing music, and makes songs she's on sound good.

Redhood

we woke up in the kitchen saying how the hell did this shit happen, oh babeh
drunk in looooaaaaoooaaaooove, we be all night
last thing i remember is our beautiful bodies grinding off in that club

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

lol I always thought she said how the hell did dishes happen baby! :p

Rihanna sounded better on Shakira on this song. Her voice works so well with so many sounds that I'm not even surprised it sounds good there. Homegirl may not have the singing chips of others, but she puts what she has to amazing music, and makes songs she's on sound good.

Agreed, actually.

And @Beysus don't be RUDE. She looks good there! Healthy and happy, just where she needs to be.

royalan

Oh.

That Shakira song is basic.

Your Body remains the ultimate single-by-a-female-judge-coming-back-to-The-Voice.

Let's see if Kylie can dethrone it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
YAAAASSSS QUEEN KYLIE!!!!

ibmLSYnvzJP78u.gif

who is this though

not her BARGING that poor gospel backing singer out of the way

i'm done
Oh.

That Shakira song is basic.

Your Body remains the ultimate single-by-a-female-judge-coming-back-to-The-Voice.

Let's see if Kylie can dethrone it.

what are the other contenders though?

if Skirt is any clue, Into The Blue will effortlessly snatchT

SaintZ

CRTFY sounds like a filler track of one of Shakira's albums. I agree about Rihanna being the best thing.

Still, it's cute enough for me to use.

royalan

who is this though

not her BARGING that poor gospel backing singer out of the way

i'm done

LOL - it's Mimi, sis.

Mau ®;96945524 said:
Did you like Rih's part, sis?

Of course, but she's not in enough of the song for it to be good.

Shakira sounds really out-of-place on a song like this, and I don't think Shakira is the type of artist to ever do phoned-in Pop very well. Not that Rihanna is a basic Pop artist, because really she's the queen bee, but Rihanna knows how to make her voice suit the energy of the song - whether it's something a little more fringe, or top 40 fodder.

Shakira isn't as flexible.

Grizzo

Can't Remember To Forget You is alright, though I feel it's gonna get overplayed very soon.

Air Balloon may sound childish but it is surprisingly catchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom