• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
-Kylie of course took center stage in that peformance, but Tom Jones singing I Predict a Riot as messy as fuck.
-New Lily Allen track is nice but forgettable, but that ne J Lo track sounds like hot fire. The world is truly topsy turvy today.
-Can't remember to forget you is the definition of average, but I think it will grow on me pretty quick. Not a huge fan of shaki's voice though. Surprised it went the more rock-pop route considering its not very current. Godels was right as per and Girls Aloud did it better

PALOMA FAITH WHAT ARE YOU DOING
the video is great but that song is completely dull. Absolutely lacking any personality which is a shame because she shines in interviews

SaintZ

People still believe this?

iooJrELWZgHQU.gif
Angela Cheng, her impact.

Also, Lea Michele premiered her new song "Louder" on Billboard.

It's ok.

That Shakira and Rihanna song slays a bit. I expected a train wreck based on the reactions here. Maybe I don't find Shakira's voice as grating as y'all do. Her cooing before Rihanna's verse was gorgeous.

Rihanna does blow Shakira out of the water, though. Can you imagine if she ran with this sound for her next album? And not a one off thing like Man Down or No Love Allowed, something fully realized. I mean she probably won't because she's awful, but still.

Fey

Banned
-Kylie of course took center stage in that peformance, but Tom Jones singing I Predict a Riot as messy as fuck.
-New Lily Allen track is nice but forgettable, but that ne J Lo track sounds like hot fire. The world is truly topsy turvy today.
-Can't remember to forget you is the definition of average, but I think it will grow on me pretty quick. Not a huge fan of shaki's voice though. Surprised it went the more rock-pop route considering its not very current. Godels was right as per and Girls Aloud did it better

PALOMA FAITH WHAT ARE YOU DOING
the video is great but that song is completely dull. Absolutely lacking any personality which is a shame because she shines in interviews

!!! I'm very disappointed with Lily so far.

royalan

That Shakira and Rihanna song slays a bit. I expected a train wreck based on the reactions here. Maybe I don't find Shakira's voice as grating as y'all do. Her cooing before Rihanna's verse was gorgeous.

Rihanna does blow Shakira out of the water, though. Can you imagine if she ran with this sound for her next album? And not a one off thing like Man Down or No Love Allowed, something fully realized. I mean she probably won't because she's awful, but still.

I don't think anybody thinks the song is bad...it's REALLY basic. Average in every conceivable way.

I don't know when Shakira started giving the US all this basic cardboard-cutout pop shit and then saving all of the good stuff for her Spanish albums. Once upon a time the only difference between Shakira's English and Spanish albums was the language she was singing in.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
!!! I'm very disappointed with Lily so far.

Hard out here would have been one of my favourite tracks of the year if it wasnt for the unnecessary addition of autotune on the chorus. The song is still good but it stops it from being great

Partition

Banned
CRTFY is kind of a bop, if only for the production.

I'm really over the ooh-ohh-ohh-ohh-ooh type choruses. So many of them lately like in The Monster & Timber. I probably won't be able to stomach this song after a few plays.

I don't think anybody thinks the song is bad...it's REALLY basic. Average in every conceivable way.

I don't know when Shakira started giving the US all this basic cardboard-cutout pop shit and then saving all of the good stuff for her Spanish albums. Once upon a time the only difference between Shakira's English and Spanish albums was the language she was singing in.

Yeah, Shakira's basic-radio-pop deliveries lately have been really sub-par... even though I love her She Wolf album (for my own weird reasons) those songs really pale in comparison to Sale El Sol. She does better when she sticks with Spanish and a more mid-tempo, organic production. I still think Estoy Aqui is one of the best pop-folk songs of all time because it hits that perfect register and tempo where her voice resonates most. Fast English pop songs do not work for her.

I'm sure it'll smash if only because Rihanna has huge capital on radio and that'll be enough to grant some extra spins from the get-go. It will either be a front-loader or a slow burner depending on how quickly radio puts it at the forefront.

Mau ®

I think CRTFY will flop. Radio is always turned off by Shaki's english stuff not called Hips don't lie.

Then again... I thought The Monster and We Found Love weren't gonna be big smashes...so...

I can make the stars dance
Light up the moon
I can make the stars dance
If you want me to
The sky is everywhere
So meet me under there
I can make the stars dance, dance
Dance for you

tsFYDKV.gif

Bladenic

I love Shaki, but I have to admit her voice on this song actually sounded grating to me.

Rih slayed, but otherwise it's not very good. Meh

Fey

Banned
Foster The People - Coming Of Age

And their new album, Supermodel, is out March. *.*

Tracklist
Are You What You Want to Be
Ask Yourself
Coming of Age
Nevermind”
The Angelic Welcome of Mr. Jones
Best Friend
A Beginner’s Guide to Destroying the Moon
Goats In Trees
The Truth
Fire Escape
Tabloid Super Junky

The single is out? :D

I actually really enjoyed their first album. I'm looking forward to this.

edit: hmmm this song
stop-sign-smiley.gif

Matt_

I keep finding random Natasha Beddingfield songs playing in films and I like every one. Help me.

RubyFaith

It's not even my birthday
But he want to lick the icing off
I know you want it in the worst way
Can't wait to blow my candles out
He want that cake, cake,
Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake
Cake, cake, cake

tumblr_lvgovzMxRr1qcqqpjo3_r1_250.gif

cory64

Can't Remember To Forget isn't a mess, which seems to be an accomplishment lately. It doesn't really go anywhere but it's cute and their voices complement each other very well.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's not even my birthday
But he want to lick the icing off
I know you want it in the worst way
Can't wait to blow my candles out
He want that cake, cake,
Cake, cake, cake

tumblr_lvgovzMxRr1qcqqpjo3_r1_250.gif

If you haven't watched somebody strip to this song, what are you doing with your life?

Back when she had just won The X Factor, I stanned so hard for Leona Lewis.

This performance was the turning point for me, when I regarded her as my QUEEN then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guviIYqLur0

What a religious experience.

tumblr_lzv9y9ruJ51qgyyx7o1_400.gif
So beautiful, so gorgeous, stan her.

And then weep at all the wasted potential.

So it must be "bops of has-beens hour" at my local radio station because they just played Genie in a Bottle and then Bleeding Love.
Some random exec at Z100 is throwing some major coin at Leona by playing "Better In Time" like five times a day.

I still have no earthly explanation for it.

So beautiful, so gorgeous, stan her.

And then weep at all the wasted potential.

Seriously though, what happened?

Bleeding Love made it HUGE everywhere -- as did Leona -- and she couldn't seem to follow it up with something that could accomplish anywhere near the same level.

Mismanaged career? Wrong choice in singles? Something to do with image? Wrong direction in music?

It hurts a little inside that she couldn't sustain it. :(

Bladenic

Seriously though, what happened?

Bleeding Love made it HUGE everywhere -- as did Leona -- and she couldn't seem to follow it up with something that could accomplish anywhere near the same level.

Mismanaged career? Wrong choice in singles? Something to do with image? Wrong direction in music?

It hurts a little inside that she couldn't sustain it. :(

It's called being a one hit wonder (worldwide anyway). I think Better in Time did okay though, almost went top ten.

Honestly if Gaga has the capacity to be considered a flop then NOBODY IS SAFE.

Though you can flop one second and then completely massacre your competition two years later, so you never know. Everything's temporary in this business tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom