• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

...I've come around to Jewels N' Drugs

How dreadful. No one deserves this.

iIwgM2KIpyoOj.gif

Edit:
tumblr_mzcfeqGyGY1r75vuso1_500.png

Bey's team better snatch that abomination down.
iyvqlPWLciLdM.gif

this is why opinions are opinions

also I've said it before and I'll say it again, BTW 8 tracks >>>>>>>>> TFM, so easily. I don't think its fair to compare them in full form when TFM is essentially an EP and BTW is her longest album.

Pretty much. Saying an EP is more polished than a 17 track album is ridiculous to me. Just shorten that 17 track album and compare the polish. The best 8 songs from Born This Way AND Artpop blow TFM's out of the water to be honest. Born This Way would definitely be the best EP out of the three though.

royalan

I'm on the subway so I can't comment at length, but I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that Lady Gaga's lyrics now are wonky in the way they always were. They're definitely not.

There's a huge difference between "wish I could shut my playboy mouth, how'd I turn my shirt inside out?" And the "suddenly the Koons is me" shit she peddled with Applause.

The first lyrics are wonky, but fun fierce and insanely catchy. Screamed by drunk people the world over.

And the latter lyrics were just pretentious and made no sense.

Gaga is at her best when she's using her wonky perspective to describe things that lots of people can relate to. She's at worst when she starts getting all introspective and artsy-fartsy. She just doesn't do it well.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Heaven is such a beautiful song its up there with Hurt

Heaven couldn't wait for you NOOOOOOOO
heaven couldn't wait for you
So go on, go home

the only bad part is that the bitch doesnt finish the prayer at the end
still I want it playing at my funeral

ibqfbRMNcua8tN.gif

The Applause lyrics aren't the norm in the album. Aside from that and the obviously random-for-the-sake-of-being-random lyrics in Venus, the other songs have pretty regular lyrics. Applause is the lyrical oddball on ARTPOP.

royalan

The Applause lyrics aren't the norm in the album. Aside from that and the obviously random-for-the-sake-of-being-random lyrics in Venus, the other songs have pretty regular lyrics. Applause is the lyrical oddball on ARTPOP.

Oh, i def agree.

The production is messy in spots, but I do think that most of ARTPOP is a return to form for Gaga, as far as lyrics go.

But those weren't the songs she made singles.

And she never should collaborated with R-Pedi.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BTW EP:

Marry The Night
Government Hooker
Judas
Bloody Mary
Scheisse
Heavy Metal Lover
You & I
The Edge of Glory

TFM wouldnt be able to compete

iTcVR1pWTwK7Q.gif

also I've said it before and I'll say it again, BTW 8 tracks >>>>>>>>> TFM, so easily. I don't think its fair to compare them in full form when TFM is essentially an EP and BTW is her longest album.

Oh god, yes. BTW needed so many songs chopped off. I was ready to throw in the towel around the tail end of BTW.

And don't even get me started on the REPUGNANT "bonus" remixes.

cory64

But there are so many pop albums that could be improved by cutting out tracks. BTW is not unique in that regard; the album she released contained filler and there's no way to undo that.

Mau ®

This is gonna be my last semester ;__;

Imma do all kinds of crazy shit and ain't nobody gonna check me!!!

STRIP CLUBS AND DOLLAH BILL$
I STILL GOT MY MONEY!!

Partition

Banned
I couldn't do an 8 track EP for ARTPOP that could beat TFM so Soulscribe is only half right

Actually I just picked my 8 favorites and I might agree with Soulsis

Aura
Venus
MANiCURE
Do What U Want
ARTPOP
Fashion!
Gypsy
Applause

Agreed. I could never even stand attempting to listen to more than 30 seconds before skipping.

Also agree. Shame it was so great when she debuted it.

1. Absolute lies.
2. To suggest to replace it with Electric Chapel or Bad Kids, both the worst song on the album, is damn right criminal

Electric Chapel is one of the best songs on BTW though. It's so atmospheric and the perfect accompaniment to HML.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I must confess that my loneliness
Is killing me now
Don't you know I still believe
That you will be here and give me a sign
Hit me, baby, one more time

My loneliness is killin' me
(And I)
I must confess I still believe
(Still believe)
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me, baby, one more time

Forever and ever I will love Brit, because any time any place this song will damn slay, much like the rest of her discography. Because when all our faves have become irrelevant, she will last the test of time as an eternal icon.

Also electric chapel is fucking trash and any who like it should be ashamed.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I agree about Electric Shit, but you like Government Trash so you can't talk about others needing to feel ashamed.

Government trash? Dismiss yourself because I am too far gone to deal with this nonsense. The intro alone is worth a thousand discographies.

cory64

But the ones who loved me, told me to stop
Like home girl can't catch shit if it drops
A superwoman chick, you know that I am
Some shit don’t fly by me in a man

ec20fb7f.gif

Baby now that were alone got to request
Would you make me number one on your playlist?
Got your Dre headphones with the left side on
Want to scratch me back and forth back and forth? Uh huh

Put your hands on my waist pull the fader
Run it back with original flavor
Cue me up I'm the 12 on your table
I'm so Starstruck

ec20fb7f.gif

The Fame is jusT

Gender Equality Is a Myth!
By Beyoncé Knowles-Carter

We need to stop buying into the myth about gender equality. It isn’t a reality yet. Today, women make up half of the U.S. workforce, but the average working woman earns only 77 percent of what the average working man makes. But unless women and men both say this is unacceptable, things will not change. Men have to demand that their wives, daughters, mothers, and sisters earn more—commensurate with their qualifications and not their gender. Equality will be achieved when men and women are granted equal pay and equal respect.
ibdoPveVcE9YO6.gif

CHART DATE: 01/13/2014
LAST UPDATE: 01/13/2014 16:33:33
NOW IN: 68.46%

LW TW artist / album label sales index
1 1 FROZEN WALT DISNEY 58,048 SOUNDTRACK
2 2 BEYONCE COLUMBIA 51,099 BEYONCE
-- 3 KID INK RCA 34,591 MY OWN LANE
5 4 LORDE REPUBLIC 25,503 PURE HEROINE
4 5 EMINEM SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 17,712 MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2
6 6 ONE DIRECTION SYCO/COLUMBIA 16,143 MIDNIGHT MEMORIES
3 7 KATY PERRY CAPITOL 14,119 PRISM