• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

It was all for jewelry. I'm done.

ibaqsbAaGAgP.gif

SaintZ

Call Me Maybe? Carly Rae Jepsen draws a crowd of just 20 fans as she hosts event at Davids Tea in Toronto

She's risen to stardom since releasing her hit single Call Me Maybe, even set to star in Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella on Broadway in February.

But her celebrity status didn't ensure a successful turn-up to Davids Tea at the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto on Monday, where Carly Rae Jepsen was due to make an appearance.

Instead, only 20 guests attended event hosted as part of the Cup of Warmth Campaign to help aid hunger relief charities across North America.

Reportedly, for every cup of tea sold, Davids Tea will donate one cup of tea to select charities, with a goal of donating over 30,000 cups of tea to local hunger relief shelters.

But with a slow crowd, it may have been tough for the 28-year-old YouTube sensation to reach her goal.

Still, the few fans that did arrive were sure happy to be in her company, happily posing for pictures with the star.

And the staff of Davids Tea even created a sign with a picture of Carly, cleverly captioned 'Steep Me Maybe.'

The now-redheaded songstress looked chipper as she made the rounds in her faded red blouse and deep red patent leather skirt.

Aside from being a face of the campaign, Carly promoted güd from Burt's Bees, an eco-friendly line.

As brand ambassador of the collection, she previously said, 'Being eco-conscious is so important.

'I love that güd has figured out a way to reach young women with natural products that are also fun and smell amazing!

'I also really connect with the positive spirit of the brand –it’s how I live my life every day.'
Oop

article-0-1aa3a7a7000abj1s.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait apparently the Carly Flo Flopsen event was 1 fan and the rest were randoms picked up from the street. Im screaming omg.

Some were even asking who was she and some calling her a flop. I can't.

Vazra

I mean I can believe the flop event. It was a monday in the morning where the fans are probably working or at school/college. She isnt an artist to atract adults.
If that's true, then that's awful. I hope Carly poured her heart out for them, though.
She served them tea if that counts.
iyxqjRrociHek.gif

Vazra

You can't have my monsters
And you won't use my mind but
Do what you want (with my charts)
Do what you want with my charts
You can't stop my talent cause
You don't own my album but

Come do what you want with my charts Gaga
What you want with mine Xtina
Do what you want, do what you want with my charts

iyxqjRrociHek.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I mean I can believe the flop event. It was a monday in the morning where the fans are probably working or at school/college. She isnt an artist to atract adults.

She served them tea if that counts.
iyxqjRrociHek.gif
This is either Robyn or one member of Jedward. Which is it?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Has Robyn ever mess up arrangements? I haven't seen that happen with her yet.

her live arrangement of cobrastyle is also totally devoid of flaws.

she never murders a song by taking an infectiously catchy, hi-nrg bop, replacing the production with a piano, sitting behind it and howling like somebody skinning a live cat...if that's what you mean.

Lol I'm trying to find that tracklist Roy made of Beyonic a few months back, where every song title is a literal ripoff of a Bionic song. My Hive friend deserves to see its greatness.

Roy giving me life as peR <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom