• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yuck, Into the Blue is about as bland and generic as it can get. Between this and the awful studio mix of Skirt, I'm not feeling too optimistic here.

Having some "morning after" regret with the new Katy B song, too. The whole album better not be weepy bullshit.

Koodo

Banned
I thought Kylie her song was bland until the chorus flourished and I started living a bit.

Final impressions are pending a proper bitrate.

Fey

Banned
ddd that 1D member's meltdown on twitter

Liam Payne ‏11h
Oh my god can someone literally not be a fan if a show without bring labeled WTf I bought dinner the other day it made a news story
Liam Payne ‏11h
What I gotta do to please you bastards I'm a 20 year old just living life as you did when u where twenty but in extraordinary circumstances
Liam Payne 11h
And I know I'm playing into your hands writing these tweets but I'm sick of stupid stories it's time you all grow up
Liam Payne 11h
Look at this shit I never said any if that write about something real for once there's plenty of issues In the world pic.twitter.com/FDsqtyr5Ht
Liam Payne ‏11h
Sick of all this bull il be back again when the freedom of speech law is back and people don't believe to much into the bulls#!t they read
Liam Payne 11h
Pick ur balls up off the floor and get on with it instead of taking advantage of every word said and twisting it for your own gain

DMeisterJ

Banned
BEYONCÉ – Drunk In Love f/Jay Z: 61.456 (+ 2.827)

Her biggest hit on the radio since the I Am... era
67d90ee8.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The new Kylie song seems very safe but I am loving it. Bit of a different direction to Skirt and Timebomb but it's really nice

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Arya slays; Sansa is shit.

i have literally no idea how a person could even like sansa, let alone rate her over arya

also i just saw that list of the articles angela cheng wrote about gaga flopping and got my life all over again

Majmun

My parents don't even know who Rihanna is :rip

I was blasting Man Down a few years back in my car and my dad dragged me for it. I had to skip the track.

Mau ®

My dad thinks Rihanna is hot.

My stepmom loves Rihanna's songs.

My sister loves Rihanna's songs.

My brother HATES Rihanna (he might be a racist tho)

My mom loved Rihanna up until TTT. Now she hates her but still sings her songs lol.

My mom's pretty in it with the pop ladies... She thinks Beyonce's the most talented one but she's not that into her songs. Her favorites are Lady Gaga and P!nk, with a side of Taylor Swift and Adele.

She thinks Rihanna, Katy Perry and Kesha are sort of in the league of "they have some fun songs but I forget them easily, I don't think they're that impactful", though she's a fan of Rihanna's music definitely.

And she hates Britney and Christina. She calls one a talentless hack and one a human megaphone. She's a tea spiller. Lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I feel for Tyler. Much like others he was a bit wtf about Liam's tweet and the directioners were absolutely ruthless towards him. I even think other yotubers got involved with some criticism, it was ridiculous.
0Sno7AF.png

How thick can Liam be to not know that tweeting a homophobic person to say that he respects their family values would not be construed as supporting said homophobia? Like, why even mention family values in a tweet like that? All he had to do was say he liked the show. He even tried playing it as a victim for being bullied at school, like what?

cory64

Liam's responses were absolutely mind-boggling, especially since he didn't try to distance himself from that guy's homophobia at all. Tyler didn't deserve that.

Expect strategic nudes soon tbh

tumblr_mxqu3kgNzs1qimturo1_500.gif

Hello again PopGAF. Back from my messy comment that resulted in a ban. Hopefully, it won't happen again but pretty happy to be back. However during my ban, some pretty good music that recently dropped is already propelling 2014 in a good way.

Chromeo's comeback with Toro Y Moi "Come Alive" is fire.
Elizabeth Rose "Sensibility" is great
New Artist Phil Beaudreau "ETHER" album is good.
SBTRKT "Runaway" is excellent. Love the beat on that.
Chloe Martini "Temptation" is good as well.

There's a couple more but these are most of the standouts right now besides getting a LOT of life from Body Language. Currently percheD for Queen Kylie return after listening to her whole discography. Katy B and Lana del Rey of course. Happy to hear what happened with JOJO so I'm super percheD for that. Danity Kane slaying as expected. Bey holding strong with the number one album and still clocking strong is obviously amazing. I'm missing a few others but whoever it is, I'm still hype. 2014 is a fresh start and I can't wait to see who comes out on top.

royalan

Aphrodylie her undying devotion to delivering bops *.*

Truly heavenly work. *.*

I too thought that the beat was a little stale in the first moments of the song -- a little generic House-y. But never doubt Aphrodylie's ability to elevate production. The song finds itself when the first chorus crashes in with Kylie's signature cadence, and it's funny how a well-implemented string section can take "been-there" production to a new level. What could have been "standard" House production feels lush and atmospheric, and really happy...which is exactly what she said she was going for.

Nobody does Euphoria-Pop like Kylie. The clubs are going to wear this out.

EDIT:

Welcome back, Aya!

And YAAAASSSSSS you better STAN Chromeo!

Majmun

Beyoncé @ Michelle Obama's bday party yesterday:

tumblr_mznrqaF5xL1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mznrh6F81Q1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mznrdh0Y8D1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg

What kind of flawless femme fatale teas? Who was looking at Michelle that day??

xaosslug

tumblr_mxqu3kgNzs1qimturo1_500.gif

Hello again PopGAF. Back from my messy comment that resulted in a ban. Hopefully, it won't happen again but pretty happy to be back. However during my ban, some pretty good music that recently dropped is already propelling 2014 in a good way.

Chromeo's comeback with Toro Y Moi "Come Alive" is fire.
Elizabeth Rose "Sensibility" is great
New Artist Phil Beaudreau "ETHER" album is good.
SBTRKT "Runaway" is excellent. Love the beat on that.
Chloe Martini "Temptation" is good as well.

There's a couple more but these are most of the standouts right now besides getting a LOT of life from Body Language. Currently percheD for Queen Kylie return after listening to her whole discography. Katy B and Lana del Rey of course. Happy to hear what happened with JOJO so I'm super percheD for that. Danity Kane slaying as expected. Bey holding strong with the number one album and still clocking strong is obviously amazing. I'm missing a few others but whoever it is, I'm still hype. 2014 is a fresh start and I can't wait to see who comes out on top.

welcome back, sis

iIs5ZdRZtPK3N.gif

umm...
ibbY9MN5XvdaTF.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah Carey Exclusive: Album is Coming Late Spring, Almost Done
by Roger Friedman - January 19, 2014 2:28 am

Mariah Carey’s album from 2012? It’s almost done, she tells me. We ran into each other on the SAG Awards red carpet, where Mariah took no prisoners along with hubby Nick Cannon. It was great to see them.

So what’s happening? Mariah says she’s planning a big announcement on February 14th for Valentine’s Day. Maybe another single is dropping? When is the album coming out? “Spring, late spring,” she said. “This quarter.” April? She’s been sequencing the tracks.

But get this– she’s also recording two “covers”– other songs, older hits. She would not fess up the titles. But Mariah did have big hits with the Jackson 5′s “I’ll Be There” and Harry Nilsson’s “Without You.”

Mariah was at the SAGs, of course, as part of the cast of “The Butler.”

This quarter y'all.
ed2305b7.png

Matt_

Into the Blue, you can listen to the leak here

edit; If tinder has taught me nothing it is that the gays love Lady Gaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom