• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Patti LaBelle Calls Out The Lessors On "Diva"

That word is used so loosely that I don't even consider myself a diva. I always considered myself a woman who sings her heart out and who gives 120 percent.
"Diva" is a word that I wouldn't wanna call myself because it's so loosely used. It's not cute anymore...because all these little heifers who can't sing are called divas!
It doesn't mean anything to me and probably to some of the other ladies who have been doing it for as long as I have: Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick. You know, I'm speaking for me - I don't know if they like to be called divas - but I know I wouldn't call them divas, because it's not in good company... Now you can look up to [so-called divas], but you might not see what you wanna see. A hot mess! People who are doing it and doing it with about 40 people on stage with them to hide their pitifulness - that's not a word, but you know what I mean.
Source

Not too much on Katy Perry dear Patti

Bladenic

Way better than the English mess.

Right? It's also such a mystery how Shaki's voice is so deep, rich, warm, and affecting in Spanish and how none of that translates to English. I mean, I still like her English material, but her voice singing in English is so much worse than when singing in Spanish.

Majmun

Oh man, She Wolf is so bad. Especially compared to Sale es Sol. The latter one is really good. Kinda unexpected tbh. I'm definitely going to listen to it more often.

image.php

Hi...

Heya, pupi *.*

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Right? It's also such a mystery how Shaki's voice is so deep, rich, warm, and affecting in Spanish and how none of that translates to English. I mean, I still like her English material, but her voice singing in English is so much worse than when singing in Spanish.

It's hard to understand her and the way her tone sounds in English gets butchered for most of her songs compared to the spanish counterpart where things are great for her style.

Patti LaBelle Calls Out The Lessors On "Diva"

Source

Not too much on Katy Perry dear Patti

She went in.

But I agree. Diva is being used too loosely. They have a show dedicated to it and literally one person of the entire cast is an actual "Diva"... Everybody else is a filler. Diva in the modern sense is to only describe someone by their sales, not talent. Patti better preach and let these lessors know.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm having an actual momenT to Into the Blue now

the piano and strings though

it's everything

ibs1ae9yb4OFSD.gif

when the piano and bass synth kicks in after the bridge, and the swell of the strings

ibs1ae9yb4OFSD.gif

Bladenic

Greetings, this is the continuing series of Rihanna, and her many eras, as we move into the future, with the upcoming Rihanna8 era. Some tea has been spilled from the queen herself on her Instagram. She was spotted in the studio with Kuk Harrell. You should know who he is, but if you don't, he produced some moderate hits like "Umbrella", "Only Girl," "Man Down," "What's my Name?", and "S&M".

Your faves are on watch

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

OMFG ALL HER BEST SONGS EXCEPT REMOVE SHIT AND AN M AND ADD WE FOUND GOD.

Slay me Rihaovah.

Sale El Sol

What is this slayage? I thought I'd check it out because I was getting bored. Shakira can be this good?

How
iWA1QQOl0FNK8.gif

Now listen to Pies Descalzos and Donde están los ladrones. Particularly the latter.

Damn you Matt! I was just about to post that. :)

But Ummmmmmmm..... Mary killed it. I'm going to need Disclosure to really like make her a separate track too. This much slayage needs to be built on.

tumblr_lls2ijXfl51qed2ie.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
La Tortura is my favorite Shakira song.

Shakira and Alejandro's voices work SO well together.

Shakira + Rihanna, not so much.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the mary j blige version of f for you is a bop

latch remains unbothered though

now i've got you in my space
i wont let go of you
got you shackled in my embrace
i'm latching onto you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom