• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

l4vxxi4.png

oop

eat shit, katy b haters, jessie ware will never

ibs51TF8segwLl.gif

Deserved. Also slay at Avicii still selling well. Pretty sure he won.

Atlantis

oop

eat shit, katy b haters, jessie ware will never

I'm so happy to see Katy B finally getting the recognition she deserves. It pains my heart though, knowing that Artemisia isn't around to experience her rise.

Truly bittersweet.
pDI3X.gif

3phemeral

I heard the audio for You're Mine and I love it already, but it's an LQ audio of that BET performance, It seems rather short, so I'm wondering if the album cut is longer. Wouldn't mind short and sweet, though. Love that chest-to-whistle at the end. Still looking for a working video link. :-/

Bladenic

Hey,
Get your back off the wall
Don't you get comfortable
Looking so hot
I think that I might fall
Feeling like it's my birthday
Like Christmas day came early
Just what I want
So when we move
You move

On rihpeat for days.

I'm sorry, sistren.

I'm just so tired of Calvin, her reductive productions. Florence, her lyrics and singing were fine in Sweet Nothing. But the beat got old fast.

I'm sorry, sistren.

I'm just so tired of Calvin, her reductive productions. Florence, her lyrics and singing were fine in Sweet Nothing. But the beat got old fast.
I agree that he's become a one trick pony, but Sweet Nothing's "beat" as you call it is anything but reductive. It's more layered and complex than 99% of club bangers, and actually makes for a good listen outside of that raver context.

David Guetta, though? Now that's a hack through and through.

I'm sorry, sistren.

Drag it to the pits by the missing edges! Calvin Harris is so reductive. Sweet Nothing got stale really quick. That beat was uninspiring, boring, flat, repetitive, lacked depth and length. Such mediocre trash that deserved the garbage bin.

Ughhhhh! He is so overrated. Calvin can keep lapping it up with Rita Oral since obviously a music career isn't what she's pursuing.

royalan

Florence Welch uplifts Sweet Nothing in a way that only she could. I can't get into any part of that song where she isn't singing.

Calvin Harris
David Guetta
Zedd
Avicii
Afrojack

I really would NOT care if ALL of these guys fell off the face of the earth.

Bladenic

Y'all doing too much on Calvin. Sweet Allah, I Need Your God, and Thinking of Shiva are all recent bops. But he does have lots of recent shit too.

cory64

Y'all doing too much on Calvin. Sweet Allah, I Need Your God, and Thinking of Shiva are all recent bops. But he does have lots of recent shit too.

Thinking About You is an underrated bop, it's very successful at evoking the mood it wants to.
or maybe that's just because I first heard it in Vegas

Florence Welch uplifts Sweet Nothing in a way that only she could. I can't get into any part of that song where she isn't singing.

Calvin Harris
David Guetta
Zedd
Avicii
Afrojack

tumblr_lsttzfXowW1qel5g5.gif

Did nothing for dance music but made it a joke in America. Europe is still getting the last laugh.

Anyone watching The Beatles on right now? Eurythmics fucking killed it and as a Beatles fan i'm loving the whole show.

Edit- My mistake I thought the Beatles would make sense in this thread :<

Touchdown

Banned
what else is popgaf looking forward to in 2014? I doubt ULTRAVIOLENCE will release May 1st, but I can still hope *.*

ibsDpaL2Ozg8Ds.gif

MC and possibly Rihanna.

Anyone watching The Beatles on right now? Eurythmics fucking killed it and as a Beatles fan i'm loving the whole show.

Edit- My mistake I thought the Beatles would make sense in this thread :<

I watched it. :) I thought it was good too. Even Maroon 5 I thought were great in the beginning.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Calvin Harris
David Guetta
Zedd
Avicii
Afrojack

Bless. Add DJWS to that list of the damned, yes? I honestly hated the production on Artpop and it's largely thanks to those tired, dated, rihductive clowns. Also tried listening to Calvin's album the other day at work and had to shut it off out of embarrassment. Flo's song (maaaybe the Ghoul's too) is the only redeeming thing about it.

what else is popgaf looking forward to in 2014? I doubt ULTRAVIOLENCE will release May 1st, but I can still hope *.*

SWEDEN! Robyn, Tove Lo, Frida Sundemo, Karl x Johan

Grimes, Mariah, Solange maybe? Sky's second set of b-sides maybe?

Bless. Add DJWS to that list of the damned, yes? I honestly hated the production on Artpop and it's largely thanks to those tired, dated, rihductive clowns. Also tried listening to Calvin's album the other day at work and had to shut it off out of embarrassment. Flo's song (maaaybe the Ghoul's too) is the only redeeming thing about it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmT @ the disrespect to Sexxx Dreams

Styles

Miles To Taylor &#8207;@MilesToTaylor 10m
This weekend I met my friend's new boyfriend for the first time and he is in a Swedish band and works as a songwriter for other artists. He told me this Christmas he was in LA writing for Maroon 5 and in the same studio he met Taylor who was recording with Max Martin and Shellback. He got to hear the song and he really, really liked it. He said it sounded like hip hop/pop.

ibbEdoAwA4G8bV.gif

She's turning into a second-rate Kunty Perra.

ixSvrQKgyLZJb.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The free track that itunes is giving out this week (last week?) has absolutely been slaying me. It's by Supreme Cuts and called Gone. I think Supreme Cuts are some disclosure esque producer act but the vocals from Mahaut Mondino are slaying me, giving me Laura Mvula/Santigold teas that are just elevating me to a higher plane of existence

Katy B is continuing to slay me, the bonus tracks are just divine. As is Annie and her Russian Kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom