• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Apparently the designer who worked on the Venus video (or at least, participated in it's pre-production) has released shots of the stuff that was going to feature in the video itself.

(Obviously the video was cancelled and isn't happening anymore)

BgHZOKXCIAAZrH-.jpg:large

Mumei

What is the best MP3 player these days?

And yes, I know it depends on what I'm looking for; I'm more interested in what people think in the abstract, absent my particular needs.

And yes, I know it depends on what I'm looking for; I'm more interested in what people think in the abstract, absent my particular needs.

I know this is going to sound hipsterish but I really like the iPhone / iPod. It's easy to navigate and install music on. I really love mine.

I'm quite fond of my wee 16GB iPod nano. I even watched Ratatouille on its tiny 1 inch screen <3

Mumei

I know this is going to sound hipsterish but I really like the iPhone / iPod. It's easy to navigate and install music on. I really love mine.

I'm quite fond of my wee 16GB iPod nano. I even watched Ratatouille on its tiny 1 inch screen <3

I had an 8GB iPod nano once upon a time, which was definitely not enough space. I'm not sure if 16GB would even be enough, truthfully.

I've been ripping my physical discs onto the computer. Maria is currently in first place with 220 tracks, and Leontyne is second with 140. Mariah is third with 93, though I'm not finished with her.

SaintZ

Apparently the designer who worked on the Venus video (or at least, participated in it's pre-production) has released shots of the stuff that was going to feature in the video itself.

(Obviously the video was cancelled and isn't happening anymore)

BgHZOKXCIAAZrH-.jpg:large
WaiT. This is pretty amazing tbh.Well the seashell bra is kinda big, but I love the necklace/head piece.

Majmun

So happy this is smashing. Deservedly so. Quite the comeback, she's gotten everything we made fun of her for not having in the 4 era.

Yeah, I actually thought her single would underperform because she hasn't had a radio hit for quite some time now. And she didn't bribe radio stations for extra spins. And she has performed DiL only ONCE.

But that didn't stop DiL from smashing on all formats. She slayed Urban and today's update is the biggest after Dark Horse and Happy on the POP format.

Bey's new era is a huge comeback, yeah. Makes me wonder what her next single will be. I'm thinking Blow. It has hit potential. And after that Partition.

I had an 8GB iPod nano once upon a time, which was definitely not enough space. I'm not sure if 16GB would even be enough, truthfully.

I've been ripping my physical discs onto the computer. Maria is currently in first place with 220 tracks, and Leontyne is second with 140. Mariah is third with 93, though I'm not finished with her.

You could always get a 32 or a 64gb.

I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with other MP3 players :(

Yeah, I actually thought her single would underperform because she hasn't had a radio hit for quite some time now. And she didn't bribe radio stations for extra spins. And she has performed DiL only ONCE.

But that didn't stop DiL from smashing on all formats. She slayed Urban and today's update is the biggest after Dark Horse and Happy on the POP format.

Bey's new era is a huge comeback, yeah. Makes me wonder what her next single will be. I'm thinking Blow. It has hit potential. And after that Partition.

Blow and Partition are the best choices to me, you're right.

When there's demand, sales will follow. People not only missed her as an artist/performer but also missed her as someone who releases catchy songs. Drunk in Love is just... cool. She shows there's a demand for chill/lush R&B songs on radio. She landed straight on that trend and it's working for her.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm so glad that Rihanna paved the way for this R&B renaissance with her Grammy Award winning Urban Contemporary album.

She stays setting the trends that others follow

tumblr_n09sw0lzz21qzclrjo1_500.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
"The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" has already announced its musical guest

Tuesday, Feb. 18: Guests Jerry Seinfeld, Kristen Wiig and musical guest Lady Gaga

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy
I'm in charge like a G.U.Y.
I'll lay down face up this time
Under you like a G.U.Y.

im03ltRiLswr3.gif

I'm so glad that Rihanna paved the way for this R&B renaissance with her Grammy Award winning Urban Contemporary album.

DMeister J: Embellishing legacies since 2010

Oh and she best be performing G.U.Y. Set this era back on pace Gaga mother!

Majmun

Sorry to interrupt your delusions but Rihanna's only smash hits last era were Diamonds and Stay. Both are Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus type of POP songs.

Bey's DiL is a real urban single smashing the charts. Who else but the real urban queen.

Mumei

How could you know? The last time you could stan for charts was probably in 2006. No wonder you forgot how big an 100,000,000 impression is.

It is quite big *.*

Glass houses, darling. The last time Beyoncé was truly smashing the charts was also around 2006 - 07.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sorry to interrupt your delusions but Rihanna's only smash hits last era were Diamonds and Stay. Both are Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus type of POP songs.

Bey's DiL is a real urban single smashing the charts. Who else but the real urban queen.

Mess at you forgetting VEVO CERTIFIED Billboard top 20 hit Pour It Up SLAYING the urban charts.

Rihanna remains the trendsetter.

DiL is the bigger smash but PIU started it.

The Hive receipt stanning is funny tho, I remember three months ago when the charts didn't matter. Hm.

Majmun

Glass houses, darling. The last time Beyoncé was truly smashing the charts was also around 2006 - 07.

Nope.

Single Ladies was released in Nov 2008 and was smashing through 2009.

Her last top 10 hit was Sweet Dreams, released in June 2009. 2010 if we count Telephone.

Nice try tho

Mumei

Nope.

Single Ladies was released in Nov 2008 and was smashing through 2009.

Her last top 10 hit was Sweet Dreams, released in June 2009. 2010 if we count Telephone.

Nice try tho

Oh. I was thinking of Irreplaceable as the last time she really had a smash. How was Single Ladies' airplay by comparison?

And still, top 10 isn't smashing. Smashing is #1, and not some pitiful "I limped my way to number one for one brief week," thing, either.

Majmun

LOL, Beyoncé was smashing with urban songs long before Jay-Z discovered Rih in the pits.

Let's not act as if Rih done urban before Bey.

DMeisterJ

Banned
And still, top 10 isn't smashing. Smashing is #1, and not some pitiful "I limped my way to number one for one brief week," thing, either.

This is the tea. And DiL still hasn't gone platinum yet, and the single has been out for three months at this point. The smash on the charts rn is Dark Horse. Beyonce hasn't had one of those in forever.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
KATY B &#8207;@KatyB 17m
RT @matgv: @KatyB DO YOU LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS? #AskKatyB LOVE Britney!! Favourite song is Toxic!

KATY B &#8207;@KatyB 22m
RT @rai_ssa1: @KatyB Your favorite song by Christina Aguilera..#AskKatyB >> Gotta be Genie In a Bottle :)

What flawless taste

Saying DiL's success is inspired by Rihanna's pioneering urban presence is like saying Madonna's cone bra was inspired by Gaga's wild and provocative outfits 20 years later

Mau ®

Pour It Up is the biggest urban single of 2013. Thats a fact.

While DiL IS the bigger song, it doesnt make PIU's success any less impressive.

3phemeral

Honestly, I just use my phone. I have this bluetooth headset I use since these days I mostly listen to music at the gym. I haven't had a dedicated MP3 player just because it's more convenient to have that functionality constrained to a single device. Plus, I just load everything onto Google Music, which allows that music to be accessible from any compatible device.

But if you're looking for sound quality, the pricey Sony NWZ-ZX1 is probably your best bet. I would normally say that if you're a heavy user of iTunes, you might as well go with an iPod, but these days you can easily circumvent that by having Google Music sync your music folder and have everything mirrored on both cloud platforms.

There are a lot of other choices if you're looking for other form factors. If weight will be an issue, device thinness, or if you just want a decent enough player with a lot of memory. I personally avoid HDD-based players because of my propensity to drop things, especially at the gym, so I stick with flash-based memory devices.

NinjaBoiX

Have you listened to it? It's amazing.
Not yet but I liked her old stuff.

On A Mission is so good! Obvious choice being her biggest hit, but damn if it isn't one of my favourite pop tracks from the last five years.

I'll give it a listen Dragonz, I'm right into that kind of stuff at the mo, as you well know!

Not yet but I liked her old stuff.

On A Mission is so good! Obvious choice being her biggest hit, but damn if it isn't one of my favourite pop tracks from the last five years.

I'll give it a listen Dragonz, I'm right into that kind of stuff at the mo, as you well know!

You better! It's a huge improvement from On A Mission.

Mumei

Honestly, I just use my phone. I have this bluetooth headset I use since these days I mostly listen to music at the gym. I haven't had a dedicated MP3 player just because it's more convenient to have that functionality constrained to a single device. Plus, I just load everything onto Google Music, which allows that music to be accessible from any compatible device.

But if you're looking for sound quality, the pricey Sony NWZ-ZX1 is probably your best bet. I would normally say that if you're a heavy user of iTunes, you might as well go with an iPod, but these days you can easily circumvent that by having Google Music sync your music folder and have everything mirrored on both cloud platforms.

There are a lot of other choices if you're looking for other form factors. If weight will be an issue, device thinness, or if you just want a decent enough player with a lot of memory. I personally avoid HDD-based players because of my propensity to drop things, especially at the gym, so I stick with flash-based memory devices.

$900 - $1000

How rich do you think I am?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom