• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

mIbclEr.jpg

iVzx8GZjmg6ks.gif

She's coming.

Nemesis_

I know I am not a celebrity but I understand why you might wear something unfashionable on a plane especially from LAX to Sydney. It looks like she just went for comfort over style. I can't blame her.

Mau ®

Poor Lykke Li.

Unlike Coldplay, it seems she didn't come back full of new creative energy and a new sound proposal to keep her fans interested. Oh well, not everybody can be as good as Coldplay :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
her stylists might be blind but at least her favourite producers aren't equally sonically challenged, which is more than can be said for some

SaintZ

Katy Perry Sets Record On Pop Songs Chart
As 'Dark Horse' reigns for a fourth week, Perry rewrites the mark for the most total weeks (46) at No. 1 in the airplay chart's archives

Katy Perry claims the record for the most weeks at No. 1 in the 21-year history of Billboard's Pop Songs radio airplay chart all to herself, as "Dark Horse," featuring Juicy J, spends a fourth week on top, upping her career count to 46 weeks at No. 1. With her latest frame in the lead, Perry passes Mariah Carey, who's totaled 45 weeks at No. 1.

Here's an updated look at the acts to spend the most time at No. 1 dating to the Oct. 3, 1992, launch of the Nielsen BDS-based tally, which measures the most weekly plays at mainstream top 40 stations:

Weeks at No. 1, Artist
46, Katy Perry
45, Mariah Carey
32, P!nk
32, Rihanna
29, Ace of Base
26, Maroon 5
25, Christina Aguilera
23, Beyonce
23, Boyz II Men
23, Nelly

Perry has earned her record-breaking feat courtesy of 11 Pop Songs No. 1s, also a chart best-sum, which she shares with Rihanna. (Notably, the careers of artists like Carey and Boyz II Men pre-date the Pop Songs chart's inception.) Of Perry's 11 leaders, "Horse" is the eighth to rule for at least four weeks. She set a personal best when "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg, dominated for seven weeks in 2010.

On its way to granting Perry her latest piece of Pop Songs history, "Horse" last week set the mark for the most weekly plays (16,151) in the chart's archives. It passed the 16,065 plays that her prior topper, "Roar," drew on the Oct. 19, 2013, chart.

In addition to its pop airplay success, "Horse" topped the all-format airplay/sales/streaming-based Billboard Hot 100 chart, where it's her ninth career No. 1. It's sold 3.5 million downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The song continues to build at multiple radio formats, bulleting at No. 2 on Rhythmic Songs, No. 8 on Adult Pop Songs and No. 28 on Adult Contemporary.
Congrats to Mother Perrysa tbh.
iUUWffa3rCzPX.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;103139204 said:
Poor Lykke Li.

Unlike Coldplay, it seems she didn't come back full of new creative energy and a new sound proposal to keep her fans interested. Oh well, not everybody can be as good as Coldplay :(

ftfy.
Ha return was dull and uninspired

Vazduh

What worries me about Lykke Li's comeback is the fact that she made a power-ballad album. Here's the exact quote (source):

Every song on the album is a power ballad. Like one of those old radio stations. This is a slow dance; a slow burner.

I actually like the new song, but I'm not sure I want nine of those in a row.

Reckoner

What worries me about Lykke Li's comeback is the fact that she made a power-ballad album. Here's the exact quote (source):

I actually like the new song, but I'm not sure I want nine of those in a row.

Gunshot, I Never Learn and Love Me Like seem distinct enough to me, tbh.

What scares me the most is that the video that was already released of I Never Learn is most likely the full song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom