• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

Cannonball was released. I still agree with Pupi. Are we allowed to post streaming links? I don't really care for YT. Here.

ok. honestly. is she trying on purpose to sound like Sia on Titanium/She Wolf, or...? LOL

anyway, song is pretty basic... not Sia giving the songs she wrote while taking a shit to the lessor bitches.
i4xNCdAjENZwk.gif

Cannonball sounds pretty nice.

It would be better with someone else singing it, though. I await the Sia demo leak.

Lea's doing Sia about as good as Sia. Let's keep it 100%.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lea's main problem is that she wants perfection therefore she goes on the safest route which the end result its boring. She has an amazing voice but doesnt seem like a risk taker and that will bite her back.

xaosslug

she should do songs more along the lines of The Only Exception, because her performance of that was awesome. Or, maybe she's just better @ covers in general... :-x

i wonder if Disney tried to get her for Frozen? I think she could have done Let It Go better, tbh.

Bladenic

I've always stanned State of Jorgumand, but currently I'm able to relate to her sentiments expressed in the song. I suppose this is how those teen girls feel all the time at Taylor's songs.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ratchet is everything
Could have been such a good club hype song
ib0XljOYZymYWO.gif

Hope gaga does release vocals at some point, even if it turns into a Stache kinda thing

What kind of music are you guys hoping to hear on Beyonce's next album?

Some neo-R&B/funk like B'Day, some organic R&B/Soul like 4, some more streamlined pop like Sasha, or the kind of Afro-Caribbean vibe like the singles from DIL? Or something else entirely?

I'm thrown between them all tbh. I want her to release some genuine pop smashes but I love her dutty-wine songs and her voice works so well on a funk beat. Hope the new album combines some of these sounds.

Yado

What kind of music are you guys hoping to hear on Beyonce's next album?

Some neo-R&B/funk like B'Day, some organic R&B/Soul like 4, some more streamlined pop like Sasha, or the kind of Afro-Caribbean vibe like the singles from DIL? Or something else entirely?

I'm thrown between them all tbh. I want her to release some genuine pop smashes but I love her dutty-wine songs and her voice works so well on a funk beat. Hope the new album combines some of these sounds.

I don't really want anything like her past albums, I want her to collaborate with different producers and writers than she's used to. I liked Grown Woman but there's no reason for Beyonce to be working with Timbaland in 2013. Shake it up, tread new ground.

Mau ®

5 will be a sonic mess and ya'll know it.

She's been working/shelving/restarting the project so many times. Clearly she doesn't know what she wants.

I do hope we get some awesome ballads ala "I Miss You".

Something better than Grown Woman or whatever other dreck she's done since starting her legacy tour.

YASSSSSS EXPOSE!!!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'd like some straight up R&B, something along the lines or Halo and Irreplaceable and then some super fierce tracks ala Ring the Alarm, Freakum Dress and Get Me Bodied. For me that was what 4 was missing the most.
I'd quite like her to work with Diplo on something new rather than reusing his beats. She featured some of his songs in MS Carter tour videos so I'm hopeful

I too cannot wait for her to wrap up the "Mrs. Carter Career Retrospective: Eras 1 Through 4," and I'm sure when she does she will release a flawless collection of sonic epiphanies because she has spent literally three and a half years firing and rehiring creatively-challanged DJs, correcting songwriters' incorrect lyrics, attending mandatory Pepsi-sponsored bleaching ceremonies and perfectly seasoning the ingredients of her snatched-weave stew in the gargantuan crockpot that is her tantamount musical genius and talent. I hope all your faves and their families are safe in their bunkers next year when the King descends back onto the Earth once again to murder every hooker that has ever falsely claimed a stake in the King's industry, single-handledly demoting them all to being simply footnotes in the University-required textbook that is her existence.

2014: The Year You All Said Sorry

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm looking at the presale tickets for the Madison Square Garden artRave show in May. Maybe it's just because its presale, but it looks like major sections of seats aren't being sold. Or maybe I'm crazy. I'll be interested to check back and see if I'm wrong when the general sale begins.

Is she trying to only sell part of MSG though? I wonder if they aren't confident she can sell the whole thing out this time, so they're restricting it...

I might just be very wrong. It just seems there's a lot of gray on that seating map.

Mau ®

I too cannot wait for her to wrap up the "Mrs. Carter Career Retrospective: Eras 1 Through 4," and I'm sure when she does she will release a flawless collection of sonic epiphanies because she has spent literally three and a half years firing and rehiring creatively-challanged DJs, correcting songwriters' incorrect lyrics, attending mandatory Pepsi-sponsored bleaching ceremonies and perfectly seasoning the ingredients of her snatched-weave stew in the gargantuan crockpot that is her tantamount musical genius and talent. I hope all your faves and their families are safe in their bunkers next year when the King descends back onto the Earth once again to murder every hooker that has ever falsely claimed a stake in the King's industry, single-handledly demoting them all to being simply footnotes in the University-required textbook that is her existence.

Didn't you say the same thing about ARTPOP?

ki

<3

I'm looking at the presale tickets for the Madison Square Garden artRave show in May. Maybe it's just because its presale, but it looks like major sections of seats aren't being sold. Or maybe I'm crazy. I'll be interested to check back and see if I'm wrong when the general sale begins.

Is she trying to only sell part of MSG though? I wonder if they aren't confident she can sell the whole thing out this time, so they're restricting it...

I might just be very wrong. It just seems there's a lot of gray on that seating map.

GA got sold out for pre-sale for boston I think. One of my friends couldn't get tickets.

Trigger

I'm ready to believe in ha.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm telling y'all, Bey needs to hit Yeezus up to produce 5 and release the most ridiculous, over the top, and simplyT incredible album by a pop gerl in years. I want the haters to seethe and fume so much that I can hear the crunching of their sandy Bu$$ies when I head out in the morning to buy my bread.

Werq.
i4zaCm6SUbtsV.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Lets see how she handles that CHALLANGE.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I had such high hopes for Bey when Bow Down/I Been On came out. It was exactly the kind of curve ball she needed (and still needs) to throw. You could tell from the extent of fuming from some people that it produced that it had hit all the right notes. Grown Woman started okay but every successive version that got leaked bleached the energy and excitement out of the song. Standing Knee Deep In Shit was exactly the kind of bland formulaic ballad that Bey needs to stay away from at the moment (and forever).

Bey if you're reading my posts give me a sign.

If 4 is parallel to Born This Way, then 5 should be more radio-friendly, slutty and fun. I'm hoping Bey and Gaga continue their in-sync artistic menstruations for their respective eras. Just like Sasha and TFM brought about the song highlight of their careers, and B'Day and The Fame are renowned for being iconic "Here I Am Whore" albums.

Dangerously In Love never counted and never will

Touchdown

Banned
Not to be an ass, but f*ck aging. She looked hot.

Also, how long until Rhianna has more #1 hits than Mariah? Not that I think she should or deserves to, but the meltdown should be entertaining.

She's got a ways to go..

ib2HOPvuOpQIXh.gif

But seriously out of the current crop of pop girls I think Rihanna has the biggest chance to surpass her at some point down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom