• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qazaq

Banned
I've learned tonight that Wafflecakes just does things like that/thinks like that instead of being "pressed".

You sort of take a fairly pessimistic or one-sided viewpoint, ignore fairly obvious nuances, backpedal slightly when they're pointed out, but I'm left wondering why you even took that viewpoint in the first place.

I like The Voice; I'm not some stan or uber fan of the show. But there are definite parallels in the way that you assessed Say Something's performance despite evidence (and I'm not speaking about the end result of it getting to #1), to the way that you summed up the coaches performances despite evidence.

Quite....strange. I take back you being "pressed" about Say Something and instead just kind of find it a bit odd at the way you personally interpret things.

botty

Banned
Upon further review...

ivjOqAVJKSvXu.gif

I would like to repent.

ibclDCsFBvAqHC.gif

The Lord wasn't bad.

i3Z0Sg2DNQHbq.gif

I've learned tonight that Wafflecakes just does things like that/thinks like that instead of being "pressed".

You sort of take a fairly pessimistic or one-sided viewpoint, ignore fairly obvious nuances, backpedal slightly when they're pointed out, but I'm left wondering why you even took that viewpoint in the first place.

I like The Voice; I'm not some stan or uber fan of the show. But there are definite parallels in the way that you assessed Say Something's performance despite evidence (and I'm not speaking about the end result of it getting to #1), to the way that you summed up the coaches performances despite evidence.

Quite....strange. I take back you being "pressed" about Say Something and instead just kind of find it a bit odd at the way you personally interpret things.

Just stop with your lies.

I am not responding to them anymore.

You just ignore evidence presented. Then lie and say none were given. You give no actual evidence yourself outside of general BS statements like "it is behaving like a future #1", then act like everyone is pressed for ignoring your meaningless points. You lie about points others supposedly raised or positions they have taken, then post gifs as if that makes them any less false.

Hell you lie about verifiable facts.
-Cee Lo Greens album released before TV sold more than the one after.
-Xtina's album released before TV sold more than the one after.
-Blake Shelton's album sold virtually the same before and after, but his single sales are somewhat lower.
-Only Maroon 5 has noticed a significant sales boost.

These are not opinions. They are verifiable. It is true I am mostly trolling The Voice (Duets didn't really help anyone's careers), but at least I get my facts straight before I do so.

botty

Banned
What if Duets is secretly the reason behind "Blurred Lines'" success? What if Wrapped in Red is only successful because of Duets?

What if...

Qazaq

Banned
You do have a point there that superstars who release albums earlier in their career tend to see those albums sell more than ones released later.

You have a very very weird way of spinning evidence to fit into how you want it to look.

- Maroon 5 we agree on.

- Blake Shelton is at the top of his game right now. Has little to do with The Voice.

- Christina flopped with Lotus but is currently having the second *direct* use of The Voice to literally launch a song and a band's career

- I've never heard of anything Cee Lo has released post joining the Voice and I doubt the public has either, so whatever it is you're referring to, he certainly didn't use the show to promote it

It's a mixed bag. But you bizarrely present it in the most negative way possible, because gosh darnit, you want to insist on The Voice not really helping any of the coach's careers.

I mean even to get to this point you've backpeddled.

You're arguing this as the number 1 song on iTunes was launched on The Voice.

It's bizarre.

DP :(

You do have a point there that superstars who release albums earlier in their career tend to see those albums sell more than ones released later.

You invalidated your entire post right there.

All the albums referenced were released fairly recently. No significant drop has occurred since 2011.

It also doesn't explain how the Duets coaches are going up when they have all been in the game quite a while as well.

Qazaq

Banned
Congratulations, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I just know the idea of going "THIS SUPERSTAR SOLD MORE ALBUMS EARLIER IN THEIR CAREER THAN THEY DID WHEN THEY JOINED A TV SHOW LATER IN THEIR CAREER!!! SO THERE!" is a bit of a head scratcher.

That does indeed tend to happen. Yet of the two superstars that were on a downward trend (as opposed to Blake at the top and Cee Lo being whatever), one of them saw an immediate resurgence, the other flopped, but just came back with a smash hit song that launched an indie band's career.

You want to spin that into some negative cesspool, have fun. It's a mixed bag. I don't know what secret issues you struggle with that prevent you from simply admitting that.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

I just checked into John legends album sales... 2/3 ain't bad so far

John Legends last album in 2010 debuted at #8.

His latest debuted at #4, and the album produced a single that charted in the Hot 100. Unlike a single song from his 2010 album.

Seems like positive movement to me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Beyonce news everyone!

1470091_10153647383515601_459050858_n-590x763.jpg

PopJustice are going iN, I love iT.

Touring heritage act Beyoncé has announced a string of UK dates for 2014.
The ‘Standing On The Sun (H&M advert re-edit)’ chanteuse will sing some old songs at the following venues and on these specific dates:
Thursday, February 20 – SSE Hydro Arena, Glasgow
Sunday, February 23 – LG Arena, Birmingham
Tuesday, February 25 – Phones 4 U Arena, Manchester
Friday, February 28 – London’s O2 Arena
Saturday, March 1 – London’s O2 Arena
Sunday, March 2 – London’s O2 Arena
Tuesday, March 4 – London’s O2 Arena
Sunday, March 8 – Dublin, The O2
Monday, March 9 – Dublin, The O2
Wednesday, March 11 – Dublin, The O2
Maybe, just maybe, these dates will coincide with the album being released, or maybe it’s just a way of squeezing even more more money from this whole ‘era’ of song snippets, adverts and magazine covers promoting nothing but her own celebrity.
Tickets are on sale on Monday from 10am.

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/b...er-uk-leg-seemingly-never-ending-tour/122415/

ddddddddd

[edit] waiT remember this: https://soundcloud.com/lana-del-rey/lana-del-rey-blue-jeans-smims ?

i forgot how hard this slays

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Shes doing another leg in the UK? Let me go tell my housemate

Bladenic

I think I'm gonna be a Lord stan. One year later I'm still using (and crying) to State of Ouroboros, Holy Yggdrassil, and GodRed. And those gifs of her at VSFS, she is serving.

Not to mention some of her old classics.

Queen.

I shall repent for dragging before.

Koodo

Banned
Poor Azealia Aguilera hasn't realized the only reason her career is still registering the most minuscule of pulse is precisely because she hasn't released an album.

Once she does, it's shit, and no one cares, the mystique of "new twitter celebrity artist" will have worn off, leaving nothing but a large, sad sack of wasted potential.

Ughhhhh Beyonce why

Can the Beyhive please STOP buying tickets to this show? She needs no distractions so that she can finally fucking focus on the "Mrs. Carter is Dangerously In Love On Her 5th B'Day" album era.

At least this shows the bitch loves touring, almost counter-productively. But I suppose there's nothing counter-productive about making barrels of money.

I'm not even sure if it's official or not but Bey's "Standing On The Sun (SOS Reggae Remix)" featuring Mr. Vegas is giving me all kinds of life. No idea why the hell she passed up the potential to have a summer hit.

tumblr_mltamxuxj01qkomroo1_500.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Poor Azealia Aguilera hasn't realized the only reason her career is still registering the most minuscule of pulse is precisely because she hasn't released an album.

Once she does, it's shit, and no one cares, the mystique of "new twitter celebrity artist" will have worn off, leaving nothing but a large, sad sack of wasted potential.

wow.

Seethe that Azealia has effortlessly captured the attention of the internet including you.

ibsuOcmhOOJcDn.gif

You can repent when you discover that she has been creating a rap/pop masterpiece of an album that will bring about a new world order.

ibsuOcmhOOJcDn.gif

Fey

Banned
When is she going for release Legendary Slayers? Maybe she's concerned about releasing another mid-tempo?

I remember reading that she said that Legendary Lovers will definitely be a single at some point.

Rumour has it that the original choices for single #3 were This Is How We Do (capitol's choice
2095c354.gif
) and Birthday (Katy's choice
25793bfd.gif
) but since DH is already doing well, they're just going ahead and releasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom