• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

these newsgroups are giving me life

Prince cannot pick a single for love or money. The songs that he
thinks are great (Greatest Romance Ever Sold, Hot Wit U, Betcha By Golly
Wow) just aren't as good as most of the other songs on his albums.
frankly suck. There are several songs on "Emancipation" that are
radio-friendly potential hits, but Prince went for the worst songs. He
honestly believed the "The Holy River" was the best track on the album -
he said this in an interview. Geez, if only you or I were his marketing manager.

Zutroy

I think pop-gaf is scum and would be pretty happy having them all locked in solitary confinement till they die while listening to Eminem diss tracks for their favourite pop trash artist.
Welp.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The mess of that thread is everything
Rih > MJ. Never really connected with the man

cory64

The last non-lead single to go #1 without a visual component was Set Fire to the Rain. Rihanna her Diamond certification is coming.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The last non-lead single to go #1 without a visual component was Set Fire to the Rain. Rihanna her Diamond certification is coming.

Just like before Diamonds and Unapologetic, the last artist to have an Alberm and Single at #1 was ADELE.

Rih always giving me ADELE teas.

Zutroy

Britney made a surprise leap on the Billboard to number
!!!

tumblr_mxi0a3kS921qee6wmo9_r1_250.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Do y'all think that if Adele returns with a smash hit her album will open above 1mil?
The hype behind her will be there regardless and with a song that connects to the public like her others I'd expect massive opening week numbers

I kind of agree, Matt. I think that Adele's in a similar boat with Taylor that she needs to stop doing whiny songs and expand her writing.

Regardless, she definitely has the potential to smash.

Bladenic

I kind of agree, Matt. I think that Adele's in a similar boat with Taylor that she needs to stop doing whiny songs and expand her writing.

Regardless, she definitely has the potential to smash.

The Lord needs to continue pumping out songs on the same level as State of Krishna, Red, and Holy Babou.

Styles

Do y'all think that if Adele returns with a smash hit her album will open above 1mil?
The hype behind her will be there regardless and with a song that connects to the public like her others I'd expect massive opening week numbers

Not in 2014 she won't.

ibtfdOBZsjS9HG.gif

The Lord needs to continue pumping out songs on the same level as State of Krishna, Red, and Holy Babou.

You need to get into Treacherous and All Too Well.

Treacherous (For Your Faves' Careers) and All Too Well (At Burning Your Faves' Wigs) are two of the best songs Taylord has written.

Adole will continue being paid dust
by me at least.

Qazaq

Banned
Do NOT come in here boasting about the triumvirate of State of Grace, Red, and Holy Ground, and act like All Too Well isn't at LEAST better than one of those.

Zutroy

I have a confession to make. I'm not a Britney fan at all but "work b**ch" is my guilty song. I'm sorry but I needed to let it out.

No reason to be sorry, Work Bitch is officially* the work out song of the year!

tumblr_mv8wa3KU2D1r3ty02o1_250.gif

as declared by me

PS buy Britney Jean

Bladenic

Do NOT come in here boasting about the triumvirate of State of Grace, Red, and Holy Ground, and act like All Too Well isn't at LEAST better than one of those.

They're both good but I don't use. Not on the same level as those three IMO.

Also Slay Slay Slay is a super cute bop.

Matt_

Censorship is real #freegaf

That thread is making me seethe. The 'no talent unless you write and play' crowd wind me up so much

But wait at that Rihanna thread. I agree with almost everything everyone had to say good and bad.

But I'm sorry, she may have surpassed MJ which in this digital age is very expected but she is no MJ. She has no type of legacy that he left behind. He is a legend. He has a dance, a style, the music, the ups and downs, timeless bops that echo across generations for the past decades . She does not have that. We will remember Rihanna the same way we remembered Donna Summers. An iconic lady that was the face of pop, but who never left a legacy behind that we can thoroughly remember her by besides hit singles.

Essentially MJ is timeless. Rihanna isn't.....
yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom