• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stefan™;93630901 said:
I agree, both of 'em need to stay away from the plague

badgirls-t-judgingeyes.gif

The plague that will commit mass genocide on all your favs next year.

Seethe a bit when ULTRAVIOLENCE punches numerous hos out the game.

badgirls-t-judgingeyes.gif

Gather them sis. Ultraviolence will be the start of the new era after B.B is over.

After having a full 24 hours with Beyonce, I feel like this image (that I created to replace the official album art) sums up my opinion of the album:

SI2GGBQ.png

It's a better description of who's actually in charge here. As we have discovered, whenever "Beyonce" is at the helm of an album, the results are boring, cheesy, overly sentimental, and just plain bad. However, whenever Beyonce summons her better half, the demon goddess Sasha Fierce, we get music that's feisty, passionate, C.U.N.T.Y and diverse. Beyonce is at her best when she embraces her inner Sasha Fierce, and while this album isn't as good as B'Day (Sasha's magnum opus), it comes closest to that standard than 4 (and the Beyonce half of "I Am...") ever did.

I think I could stan Beyonce again with this album.

HmmmT. So basically you actually liked a Beyonce album while trying to give credit to a dead alter-ego when it's just Beyonce as a whole package letting her stank out and finally looking in the mirror remembering who she is and not who she should be to others?

Sis, I think its time to come back. You've been gone so long.

Qazaq

Banned
I really like Lady Gaga, I like ARTPOP, but part of me now just really wants the thing to flop.

I can't believe how long she is taking with the Do What U Want video.

Her whole thing just feels so tired, and not real, and forced, and unsurprising, and I'm over it.

Beyonce just delivered something that she should have done.

Mumei

Wait

Est-ce que tu aimes le sexe? Le sexe. Je veux dire, l’activité physique. Le coït. Tu aimes ça? Tu ne t’interesses pas au sexe? Les hommes pensent que les féministes détestent le sexe, mais c’est une activité très stimulante et naturelle que les femmes adorent.

And here’s how they translate, roughly in English (translation courtesy Slate's L.V. Anderson and Miriam Krule):

Do you like sex? Sex. I mean, the physical activity. Coitus. Do you like it? You're not interested in sex? Men think that feminists hate sex, but it's a very stimulating and natural activity that women love.

Aguila

#ICONIC
My 4 years of high school french and 2 years of college french almost helped me to understand that part while I was listening. Almost.

I just went back and read the posts in here before the Beypocalypse and I was SCREAMING at how we were talking about Ingrid Michaelson and Vanessa Carlton and shit.

The calm before the storm. Now we've spent probably a good ten pages talking about absolutely nothing other than Beyonce.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So, wait. In 2014 we'll see:

Taylord
The Dalai Lana
Solange
Katy B

Pretty sure I didn't miss anyone

mariah-carey-kiss-o.gif

Kiii you didn't miss anyone. And no one you missed won't own the radio with their hit lead single or hit upcoming feature as well assaulting your ear for the better part of the year. Nope. You missed no one.

royalan

Strange, but I'm actually kind of intrigued by what the next Nicki Minaj album is going to sound like.

I think if ANY of 2014's artists are going to aim to surprise, it's going to be her. I really feel like she could do just about ANYTHING at this point.

Just don't copy Gaga's wack playbook this time.

Strange, but I'm actually kind of intrigued by what the next Nicki Minaj album is going to sound like.

I think if ANY of 2014's artists are going to aim to surprise, it's going to be her. I really feel like she could do just about ANYTHING at this point.

Just don't copy Gaga's wack playbook this time.

Only half of niki minaj's last album followed gaga's playbook. Ironically it was the good half of the album

xaosslug

I really like Lady Gaga, I like ARTPOP, but part of me now just really wants the thing to flop.

I can't believe how long she is taking with the Do What U Want video.

Her whole thing just feels so tired, and not real, and forced, and unsurprising, and I'm over it.

Beyonce just delivered something that she should have done.

THIS IS GAGA, tho. I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom