• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Something I just thought of. Any chance they aren't able to capture a wight, but end up finding Benjen and bringing him back instead? He's half undead.

MCN

Banned
Holy shit the character traveling in this episode went bananas! What kind of an airline do they use lol?

Dragon Air.

250px-148Dragonair.png

The annulment info is useless to Sam at the moment isn't it? He hasn't learned about Jon's Targaryen stuff yet.
Something will trigger his memory of Gilly saying something about it and he'll frantically ask her to re-read what she read the other night, she'll recite the thousands of steps thing, and he'll be like "no the other thing about the annulment"...etc and he'll just take the book and find it himself. *cue laughtrack*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The annulment info is useless to Sam at the moment isn't it? He hasn't learned about Jon's Targaryen stuff yet.

Correct: he has literally no reason to care about Rhaegar getting an annulment. Its relevance depends on where he is going, which is probably Winterfell where Bran is.

pablito

Something will trigger his memory of Gilly saying something about it and he frantically ask her to re-read what she read the other night, she'll recite the thousands of steps thing, and he'll be like "no the other thing about the annulment"...etc and he'll just take the book and find it himself. *cue laughtrack*

lol I can actually see that happening.

But the people questioning why he didn't care in that moment. He shouldn't care yet.

Sendero

He only cares about things when he reads it himself.

Stannis: "Dragonglass? We have it at Dragonstone."

2 seasons later reading a book...

Sam: "Holy shit there's Dragonglass at Dragonstone!"
Did that combo with Stannis really happened? Because I remember something like that, and thus was confused when Sam big finding was... exactly that.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Wrong thread?

No it's from the closed thread we just had. I had it pinned to my chrome window, and hadn't read through the last two pages. Saw that comment about Aerys and remembered a histories and lore vid by Visarys that mentioned that Aerys named him his heir while Rhaegar's known son was alive. Meaning that King Aerys skipped over Rhaegar's line.

I'm wondering if Jon has any reason to think that they can transport a wight that far from a white walker and expect the magic he saw at hardhome to keep working.

Heshinsi

Nah, I mean, it looks like that whole YouTube video is based on the books.

The video is from the blu rays and is made by HBO and is called Game of Thrones: Histories and Lore. Do you not recognise the voice overs are done by the actors from the show? So they recap historical events, but at times they show the same event from the perspective of different characters (all of whom having their respective actors do the voice overs). It's pretty neat.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
what? i mean, the night watch will probably be dissolved after this ends and he can be the lord of house tarly, why wouldnt he have a child with gilly?
I dunno what everyone was talking about but MY joke was about the fact that Sam never fathers his child on camera. Dude is distant as fuck.

Addi

Saw it pointed out that in one shot of the preview (possible character death spoiler for next episode?)
the Hound is seen using Gendry's hammer, which might spell bad news for Gendry

It could mean anything.
why would he take that weapon from a dead Gendry? Maybe Gendry passed it on to him while he had to do some other stuff. The Hound has to lose his sword though... in a fight with a White Walker?

I wonder if the powers of the lord of light work beyond the wall. Maybe Beric can't come back to life because it's in the territory of the god of death or something.

I rewatched the two season trailers, we have seen most of it now (if we count the ones that are obviously from next episode), but there are a couple of shots here and there I wonder what could be about. The ones that stood out to me:

- Someone that looks like the Hound in a sunny area. There's a Lannister soldier in the background. There's a box next to him. Is he the wight they bring to Cersei? He doesn't have pants though and looks "alive" enough.
- Someone sharpening a sword (I don't think we have seen that yet)
- Unsullied standing in line. I watched the attack on Castely rock and while the trailer intercut those shots, they actually never stand still in the episode.
- Tyrion looking at the three Dragons fly away from Dragonstone

jm89

Littlefinger > Bran. I hope arya sees through his games soon.

Also the northern lords are bunch of wankers don't seem very loyal, if sansa wanted she could probably overthrow jon. They deserved ramsey bolton.

I hope if we get a Wargback with Rhaegar we see him saying goodbye to Lyanna for the last time and riding to his showdown with Robert in his armor, rubies and all.

5.png

Robert-Baratheon-Kills-Rhaegar-Targaryen-FEAT.jpg

I hope if we get a Wargback with Rhaegar we see him saying goodbye to Lyanna for the last time and riding to his showdown with Robert in his armor, rubies and all.

5.png

I said it in the old thread before, but I still think that Raegar and Lyanna were in love and Aerys and Robert were idiots fighting over stupid shit (and killing Starks without reason). And I'd love to see a scene depicting said love and "hostage".

Heshinsi

If Jon ever starts pressing his claim to the Iron Throne, Dany should just point towards King's Landing and say,

1u37uw.gif

Plum

I'm wondering if Jon has any reason to think that they can transport a wight that far from a white walker and expect the magic he saw at hardhome to keep working.

It's probably a one-way thing. We haven't seen a Wight just suddenly die again after the Night King loses his power over them so we can assume that once you're a Wight you're always a Wight.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was thinking specifically about how Littlefinger might die. Not by whom since pretty much everyone under the sun thinks Arya will do it. Let me know what you guys think of this, I think it would be pretty cool.

Since GoT likes to get poetic, how about this?

Littlefinger's plan gets foiled and realizes Sansa and Arya are onto him. He tries to escape Winterfell. He heads to the bowels of Winterfell and hears footsteps slowly approach him. Littlefinger thinks it's Arya pursuing him to kill him. Panicking, Littlefinger in the darkness keeps running away trying to find a way out. Littlefinger eventually gets backed into a dead end and walking through the shadows comes Sansa, not Arya. Sansa says a couple things to him(to distract him), and then Arya pops out from behind Littlefinger and she grabs him with the knife to his throat much like Littlefinger did to Ned in season 1.

Arya slits his throat. /end Littlefinger.

I said it in the old thread before, but I still think that Raegar and Lyanna were in love and Aerys and Robert were idiots fighting over stupid shit (and killing Starks without reason).

It wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility for Rhaegar to have met Lyanna while accompanying his father on some business in the North when he was younger. Or again, or for the first time if Rickon brought Lyanna to KL on some business, and they fell in love then.

When they were younger they were sort of opposites of each other. We hear Rhaegar wasn't fond of killing, was a singer, and a gentle dude. We also hear Lyanna was sort of a wild heart.

Rhaegar became a dedicated warrior though, and I wonder if Lyanna was his motivation in some way since she was betrothed to a great warrior in Robert.

I said it in the old thread before, but I still think that Raegar and Lyanna were in love and Aerys and Robert were idiots fighting over stupid shit (and killing Starks without reason). And I'd love to see a scene depicting said love and "hostage".

I think thats pretty much fact now. They we're totally teasing something about that with what GillyGinny was reading in this episode. Something about a Raggar and a secret wedding?

Something will trigger his memory of Gilly saying something about it and he'll frantically ask her to re-read what she read the other night, she'll recite the thousands of steps thing, and he'll be like "no the other thing about the annulment"...etc and he'll just take the book and find it himself. *cue laughtrack*
Lmao. I can see this happening.

RDreamer

It'll be a bit weird if he took Mr. Records-His-Every-Shit's book with him. There's no real reason to except because the show needs him to.

This is exactly how it will happen, but this will be the clincher when people find out he's Targaryan, they'll say he's still a bastard, and that's when Sam comes in, and drops the mic.

I got spoiled on the opening about 1hr before viewing thanks to YouTube.

Still, that episode flew along at 88mph. Dany flies home battle, Davos gets to and from KL, Jon gets to Eastwatch.... I really think they could've squeezed in another episode to pad things out a bit.

Also, Sam missing out and what Gilly was telling her on Rhaeygar's annulment, not to mention Arya being played like a sucker.... Why the show gotta start dumbing down characters?

Still the best thing on TV mind. Roll on next week.

Heshinsi

I got spoiled on the opening about 1hr before viewing thanks to YouTube.

Still, that episode flew along at 88mph. Dany flies home battle, Davos gets to and from KL, Jon gets to Eastwatch.... I really think they could've squeezed in another episode to pad things out a bit.

Also, Sam missing out and what Gilly was telling her on Rhaeygar's annulment, not to mention Arya being played like a sucker.... Why the show gotta start dumbing down characters?

Still the best thing on TV mind. Roll on next week.
I don't get the Sam complaint. Why would Rhaegar annulling his marriage mean anything to Sam? A long dead prince remarried shortly before he died, so what?

-griffy-

Banned
so normally smart tarly was so annoyed by his woman that he totally missed rightful king jon snow right?

He has no idea that Jon is Lyanna Stark's son, and therefore would have no reason to connect the dots of Rhaegar getting an annulment to Jon.

Regarding Sam, Jorah couldn't put two and two together when both Jon and Sam mentioned serving under his father. Jorah could've brought up how a broke named Sam Tarly cured him of Greyscale. And Dany could've been relieved that she didn't wipe out the entire Tarly family.

jm89

How are they gonna finish all of this in 2 more hours?!
Unless the finale is longer?

With the teleporting it's possible. Maybe kill off cersei to put an end to the war, jamie sees the truth of the army of the dead cersei doesn't, he kills the crazy bitch. They form a truce and now it's just the white walkers for season 8.

Servbot24

Banned
You get moments like Arya on the road to King's Landing running into the soliders and her getting some sense of humanism in them. You get moments like The Hound getting back to the house with the people who dies.

It provides opportunity for storytelling.

At this point in the show I think we know these characters well enough that those moments are not as beneficial as they may have once been.

Top Bottom