• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Kind of curious about the dagger, was in Sam's book and LF was in possession of it. Pommel of it looks like dragon glass which is kind of redundant on a Valarian steel weapon.

Vic_Viper

Will we see the end of the white walkers tonight? All they have to do is kill the Night King.

Then next season will be all about taking down Cersei?

No way lol. This episode won't be about fighting them, but instead showing how they are the true threat and everything else is meaningless. I'm sure Cersei will backstab them somehow but there's no way this season ends with the WW defeated.

Did the word "dick" just start existing in the world of Game of Thrones this season, or did they say it in previous seasons (or those forbidden books)?

As far as I remember characters always said "cock", but this season is all Dickon jokes and the Hound teaching Tormund the word.

Nameless

This episode is the same length as films like Toy Story, Phone Booth, and Army of Darkness -- so basically Game of Thrones: The Movie.

We will all be warged into tonight, wait and see.

may-23-2016-09-59-11.gif

A major character has to die tonight

I'm gonna say Cersei

I don't think any Lanister, Stark or Targarian will die before late season 8, but many secondary characters are at high risk. If The Mountain and The Hound meet, one of them is sure to die. Grey Worm and Bronn are also likely candidates.

Tall4Life

I don't think any Lanister, Stark or Targarian will die before late season 8, but many secondary characters are at high risk. If The Mountain and The Hound meet, one of them is sure to die. Grey Worm and Bronn are also likely candidates.

Mountain and the Hound no. Unless they die in other fights, if they were gonna fight against each other, they'd explicitly tease it in an episode beforehand. Gotta get those PPV buys brother. Bronn and Grey Worm aren't in any immediate danger anymore so idk bout those two unless Casterly Rock gets stormed

Oberon

Banned
Did the word "dick" just start existing in the world of Game of Thrones this season, or did they say it in previous seasons (or those forbidden books)?

As far as I remember characters always said "cock", but this season is all Dickon jokes and the Hound teaching Tormund the word.

tumblr_oud5h8Ny1C1r4jzd7o1_400.gif

Maybe it's a regional thing?

I think Brienne will die by Cersei's hand somehow, pushing Jaime ever closer to killing Cersei.

Cersei threatening Tyrion will put him over the edge next season.

Mountain and the Hound no. Unless they die in other fights, if they were gonna fight against each other, they'd explicitly tease it in an episode beforehand. Gotta get those PPV buys brother. Bronn and Grey Worm aren't in any immediate danger anymore so idk bout those two unless Casterly Rock gets stormed

I haven't watched any previews, but I think Mountain vs. Hound match is definitely coming at some point... and most likely before things get really bad in season 8. But it may be the first episode of next season, or something similar. I don't think Grey Worm is at Casterly Rock any longer, the castle didn't have any food storage, and it must be two months since we last saw his troops, so if they started marching east, they'd be close to King's Landing by now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sansa for being a useless tool

Both Sansa and Arya are getting on my nerves, which I'm surprised to say of the latter. I'm used to being irritated at Sansa, but this Arya "Don't you dare talk bad about Jon onii-chan!" Stark needs to quit it and get her shit together.

Twist: No one dies.

Sansa for being a useless tool

Sansa is actually governing the place Jon left behind to play Romeo with Dany.

Arya is the one being useless. What's the point of being all psycho on her sister, just because at some point was a stupid child and trusted Cersei?

With the Hound, he still has to overcome his fear of fire, thinking he will make it. The prophecy of a sword from fire is like a perfect candidate in someone deathly afraid of fire.

rokkerkory

Arya is the one being useless. What's the point of being all psycho on her sister, just because at some point was a stupid child and trusted Cersei?

Blame it on the producers and writers... needless drama between the sisters which will never hurt each other in first place.

I say Varys dies

She didn't even trust Cersei. I re-watched that scene. She said no the first time, then noticed Cersei's crazy ass and obliged as she should have. People are just hating cuz they love Arya and need someone to blame for her being written like a dumbfuck the last two seasons.

Also if this isn't the best episode I've ever seen on television and get a minim 10.0 on IMBD, I'm dropping Thrones. Don't have time for that shit, going back to the Walking Dead.

Melisandre has said Varys will die and she'll meet Arya again

Melisandre said Varys will die in Westeros, the place where he spends the majority of his time. She could say the same thing to Jon, Davos or some random goon guarding KL and it will have the same impact, none.

Tcab96

Melisandre said Varys will die in Westeros, the place where he spends the majority of his time. She could say the same thing to Jon, Davos or some random goon guarding KL and it will have the same impact, none.

Lol. Pretty much how I felt about it while everyone else thought he would die soon or something. Now, if she gave some cryptic spiel about how he would die, then that might be interesting.

Bulby

Gonna say Little Finger is out tonight.

I think his storyline has run its course, and he has no where to really go in the next season.

Alliances will be made tonight to take on the White Walkers and Cersei will obviously have a plan to stab everyone in the back.

I dont know what influence Little Finger can really have now. All the big players are too far beyond him.

Sapiens

Gonna say Little Finger is out tonight.

I think his storyline has run its course, and he has no where to really go in the next season.

Alliances will be made tonight to take on the White Walkers and Cersei will obviously have a plan to stab everyone in the back.

I dont know what influence Little Finger can really have now. All the big players are too far beyond him.

He always has a trick up his sleeve. He'll be the king.

Fighting a war while a backstabbing saboteur is among your ranks isn't much better than fighting a two front war. They should be plotting to kill Cersei, not set up an armistice.

Sure, but if you think the great war between the living and the dead is only going to play out like typical good vs evil then you're wrong.

It's going to be both good and evil vs. dead.

This has been said so many times throughout the series that it's obvious there will be an alliance for the war.

LF, Cersei and maybe even Euron have just as much plot armor right now as Jon and Dany do.

Top Bottom