• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

ASIS

I'm so hyped over this episode I can't even sleep tonight (it's 1:38 AM right now, the episode will air at 9:00 AM).

What do you guys think will happen in this episode? Personally I have a few guesses:

1) Dany will die and Jon will be her successor. The talk about succession in episode 6 is a big indicator and this season - although highly enjoyable- has like 0 subtlety to it. That and Drogon begging to be pet by Jon is what's making me think this way.

2) The vision Bran saw in season 4 about a dragon flying over king's Landing will happen in this finale. But it won't be Drogon, it will be Viserion mounted by The Night's King wrecking havoc on the city.

3) I have a feeling a lannister will also die this episode. Probably Jamie, but I wish it will be Cersei.

4) I have no clue or interest about what's going on in winter fell. But either one of the Stark girls die, or LF dies. Don't know what Bran will do though. Until now I don't understand his point in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT: BTW i know most, if not all my guesses will be wrong, but who cares? lol.

1) Dany will die and Jon will be her successor. The talk about succession in episode 6 is a big indicator and this season - although highly enjoyable- has like 0 subtlety to it. That and Drogon begging to be pet by Jon is what's making me think this way.

Since Jon is both Stark and Targ, ice and fire, I guess we don't need her.

Yeah right, the internet would melt, and I'd be fucking pissed.

I question if she will make it to the end, but to kill her tonight, man....

ASIS

Dany was and still is the heart of GOT to me, she is by far my favorite character. So i would be pretty pissed also, but all the signs are pointing towards that.

man it's gonna be a long wait for the final season. =(

I will say though this season is about as bad as this thread has ever been in regards to how critical people have been. I basically just come in to read reactions after I watch the episode and that's it. I used to be in these thread like a lot more but it;s ghotten a lot less fun this season.

Bsigg12

Dany won't be killed.

I expect Sansa to die either tonight or the first episode of the final season.

Also, the original pitch gives a lot of insight on what could happen tonight.

ASIS

Dany won't be killed.

I expect Sansa to die either tonight or the first episode of the final season.

Also, the original pitch gives a lot of insight on what could happen tonight.

It's possible for Sansa to die, but I think Arya has a bigger chance of kicking the bucket (LF is the biggest candidate though).

Also, what original pitch?

The funniest thing about this thread this season is people both simultaneously complaining that fan favorites now have plot armor, while constantly saying it's time for Cersei, LF and Euron to die, lol.

OrionX

You'll just huff and blow and end up talking more than doing, just like Dany.

PR2lbC.gif

ASIS

I will give it a read after watching the finale. Thank you for the link.

The funniest thing about this thread this season is people both simultaneously complaining that fan favorites now have plot armor, while constantly saying it's time for Cersei, LF and Euron to die, lol.
How can one complain about Plot Armor for favorite characters when Thoros of Myr died this season :(

Jaime had some pretty thick plot armor in that one episode this season.

People like Jaime though. Since he saved Brienne it's rare to see anyone wanting him dead.

I will give it a read after watching the finale. Thank you for the link.

How can one complain about Plot Armor for favorite characters when Thoros of Myr died this season :(

Someone had to die, otherwise it would have been incredibly ridiculous. It was either him or Berric since they get the least amount of screen time outside of Gendry, who they wouldn't have brought back just to kill the very next episode. Though they should have, it would have been kinda funny.

"Plot armor" and "fan fiction" are the themes for this season's thread.

Don't forget teleportation.

Matsukaze

It's possible for Sansa to die, but I think Arya has a bigger chance of kicking the bucket (LF is the biggest candidate though).
I'm totally expecting Arya is going to shishkebab Littlefinger to send a message to Sansa - either fully commit to helping Jon or join your mentor. I don't see LF or Sansa getting the better of Arya and I can't see either of the Stark sisters dying tonight.

So, who do you think dies this episode? There has to be a final gutpunch.
I think Littlefinger, Beric, and Grey Worm are all on the chopping block. I'm honestly surprised Beric didn't bite the dust alongside Thoros, so I can't see him holding out much longer.

nubbe

Dany is the power of the show, while Jon is the heart

Westeros is lost without Dany

FiggyCal

Banned
Tyrion, Jorah, Gregor, Beric, Varys, and Littlefinger.

And Bran

Those are my predictions.

There's no way Beric dies. I agree with the rest though.

Jorah basically has nothing else to do. Unless they were planning a love triangle thing with Jon and Dany.

I think Bran becomes a tree.
idk why you put that in spoilers though.

Vic_Viper

After the Hack and Leaks throughout this season, I cant believe weve made it to Sunday afternoon without the finale leaking lol. HBO must be thrilled, or they payed the hackers a very large sum of money.

I dont think any large players will die tonight accept probably Little Finger. Dont see any threads that could lead to a major death tonight accept him. They are trying to make us believe Sansa and Arya are feuding, but I seriously doubt Sansa or Arya would ever kill the other. Figuring out that Littlefinger has been playing them though would be a huge reveal though that would totally lead to his death.

-griffy-

Banned
Did anyone notice at the end of last week's episode, when Viserion opened his eyes they looked different than usual? I think Bran was warging into him.

Volimar

People like Jaime though. Since he saved Brienne it's rare to see anyone wanting him dead.

Someone had to die, otherwise it would have been incredibly ridiculous. It was either him or Berric since they get the least amount of screen time outside of Gendry, who they wouldn't have brought back just to kill the very next episode. Though they should have, it would have been kinda funny.

Tell that to Benjen

After the Hack and Leaks throughout this season, I cant believe weve made it to Sunday afternoon without the finale leaking lol. HBO must be thrilled, or they payed the hackers a very large sum of money.

We still have 5.5 hours to go, but at this point it'd be a lot easier to ignore than shit leaking out almost a week in advance.

I wonder if Cersei will have Qyburn examine the wight, dude seems well versed in the dark and unusual arts. Wonder if he'll be able to put some of his knowledge to good use towards the great war.

Tell that to Benjen

Oh yeah, forgot about him, even less screen time.

Jorah basically has nothing else to do. Unless they were planning a love triangle thing with Jon and Dany.

Disagree, I think he becomes Dany's new Hand before the end. Tyrion is a pretty lousy hand.

Speely

Banned
There's no way Beric dies. I agree with the rest though.

I will agree that there is no reason to kill him narratively that I can think of. I sorta just threw him in because I think the finale is going to be very death-heavy and he has become a marginal character. I feel like they are gonna streamline the cast for the final season.

Edit: I put Bran in spoilers just for dubious comedic effect.

FiggyCal

Banned
I have a feeling this will top the s6 finale

I have high hopes for it. The more I think about it, the more I realize how epic 82 minutes worth of material could be.

I will agree that there is no reason to kill him narratively that I can think of. I sorta just threw him in because I think the finale is going to be very death-heavy and he has become a marginal character. I feel like they are gonna streamline the cast for the final season.

lol I didn't even notice.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't think this episode will top the S6 finale.

That episode was just a dunk slam of climax after climax.

We haven't had the appropriate set-up for lots of climaxes in this upcoming episode. It's going to be mostly set up for Season 8.

Speely

Banned
I don't think this episode will top the S6 finale.

That episode was just a dunk slam of climax after climax.

We haven't had the appropriate set-up for lots of climaxes in this upcoming episode. It's going to be mostly set up for Season 8.

The show no longer needs appropriate set-ups, though. Shit just happens.

Top Bottom