• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I still think the final conversation between Jaime and Tyrion before he leaves King's Landing is one of the best Jaime scenes. I really hope he survives so they meet again.

It belonged to the guy outside that Ned killed (Ser Arthur Dayne). We don't know if it means anything but some people think it plays into the prince that was promised prophecy which is fueled by the fact that they chose to focus the camera on it

What's the prince prophecy?

Zombie mountain looks like Wilson Fisk from daredevil aka private pile.

roytheone

I still think the final conversation between Jaime and Tyrion before he leaves King's Landing is one of the best Jaime scenes. I really hope he survives so they meet again.

That would be interesting, since Jamie wants tyrion dead :) Hopefully bron can step in, he is still friends with tyrion.

Eklipsis

What if Jon cuts off Branns arm in a last ditch effort to keep the white walkers north of the wall and inadvertently activates the lightbringer?!

CoolOff

Can someone hit me up with the gif where someone made it so that Lyanna whispers "Cleganebowl confirmed. Get hype." to Ned?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You gotta wonder how loyal everyone is to Cersei, seemed like everyone there was scared shitless of her. At that moment everyone realized what it felt to be Jaime as he murdered The Mad King.

roytheone

You gotta wonder how loyal everyone is to Cersei, seemed like everyone there was scared shitless of her. At that moment everyone realized what it felt to be Jaime as he murdered The Mad King.

I think a lot of people will welcome Dany as a liberator that got rid of the mad queen at this point :)

FeD.nL

I loved the difference between the two coronations.

Jon out of respect. Cersei out of fear. Just incredibly well done.

Fliesen

Probably the end of season 7 in preparation for the season 8 battle againt the storm.

what the what?!

... i somehow thought that next season (7) would be the last. I wondered how they wanted to cram the "war for westeros" AND the "war against the dead" into the same season.
and when someone posted "next season will end with the wall going down", i was like "what kind of shitty series finale would that be?!"

The last episode made up for a lot of my disappointments with the season.

I wonder what the show-cannon is for the Tyrell succession.

I'm not entirely convinced by the "no balls allowed" reversal of the standard medieval power sausagefest.

I'm still very confused by Littlefinger, which is as it should be. I'm wondering how he makes his claim on the Throne. I don't see him as the conquering type. I'm expecting him to be key in Cersei's downfall, through some elaborate scheme with Olena and the Sand Snakes.

Checkov's Wall will fall down at the end of S7. I'm interested to see how though. I hope it isn't as dumb as Bran walking through the gate while still branded by the Night King.

HMD

what the what?!

... i somehow thought that next season (7) would be the last. I wondered how they wanted to cram the "war for westeros" AND the "war against the dead" into the same season.
and when someone posted "next season will end with the wall going down", i was like "what kind of shitty series finale would that be?!"

D&D confirmed 13-15 episodes split into two seasons.

Zereta

My predictions for season 7:

- Cersei and Euron fall in love and marry, Cersei kills Jamie when he tries to kill her.

- Arya and Sansa have a tragic reunion, one of them will be dying.

- Jon and Dany form an alliance.

- Sansa kills LF after his inevitable betrayal.

- Yara dies, Theon regains his sanity and rules their mountain city thing.

- Dany kills Cersei but destroys the majority of King's Landing in the process, her army is significantly smaller from the war.

- Bran has something to do with the destruction of the wall. His visions show us the White Walkers civilisation, and people become slightly sympathetic to their cause.

- Sam figures something important out.

Amazingly enough, besides Cersei falling in love with Euron and Dany killing Jaime (Jaime has to deal the blow, the story is becoming one of cyclical repetition and having Cersei basically be in the position the Mad King was is too juicy to pass that opportunity), I can see all of this basically happening.

King's landing being devastated and Winterfell being the rallying point for everyone.

Guy on YouTube says it looks like Roberts face without the beard

Like this?

Mark+Addy+Game+Thrones+Photocall+51st+Monte+wDH21RXZ7vDl.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So much crazy shit happened that episode we're forgetting that Arya went full Eric Cartman. Man what an episode. I'm almost glad we have to wait a while now, this season has been tiring to keep up with, especially these last couple of episodes have left me exhausted from all the excitement.

Also, so if Jon is Rhaegar's son (which is basically confirmed now right? I mean after reading the theory a little more to catch up and refresh my memory of the whole back story of this universe I don't see how it could be anything else). Does that mean he's the true heir to the throne as he's the last male Targaryen or is it still Daenarys as she's the last child of the Aerys?

I'm just catching up and finished watching the episode with the origin of Hodor's name. I'm pretty luke warm whilst watching, but this was so good. Hodor ;_; <3

So much crazy shit happened that episode we're forgetting that Arya went full Eric Cartman. Man what an episode. I'm almost glad we have to wait a while now, this season has been tiring to keep up with, especially these last couple of episodes have left me exhausted from all the excitement.

Also, so if Jon is Rhaegar's son (which is basically confirmed now right? I mean after reading the theory a little more to catch up and refresh my memory of the whole back story of this universe I don't see how it could be anything else). Does that mean he's the true heir to the throne as he's the last male Targaryen or is it still Daenarys as she's the last child of the Aerys?

Pretty sure Westeros does not accept female heirs if there is a suitable male one.

Moff

there are too many unkown factros.
like where Rhaegar and Lyanna married? Likely not, then he still is a bastard.
But even if they were married, Dany has a much stronger army. Just like Renly had a stronger army after Roberts death, most of the lords rallied behind him and not Stannis who was the older brother and rightful heir. The dothraki, unsullied and dragons won't simply abandon dany and fight for jon.

aravuus

This is the kind of show that has been hinting at the Jon lineage reveal since season 1.

I'm curious, what hints have there been? While I love the show, I don't usually pay enough attention when watching it to catch some of the more subtle foreshadowing and, well, it's been years since I've seen season 1 either way.

Ogni-XR21

The last episode made up for a lot of my disappointments with the season.

I'm not entirely convinced by the "no balls allowed" reversal of the standard medieval power sausagefest.

I'm still very confused by Littlefinger, which is as it should be. I'm wondering how he makes his claim on the Throne. I don't see him as the conquering type. I'm expecting him to be key in Cersei's downfall, through some elaborate scheme with Olena and the Sand Snakes.

Checkov's Wall will fall down at the end of S7. I'm interested to see how though. I hope it isn't as dumb as Bran walking through the gate while still branded by the Night King.

Nothing to see here...

Corpekata

Banned
I'm curious, what hints have there been? While I love the show, I don't usually pay enough attention when watching it to catch some of the more subtle foreshadowing and, well, it's been years since I've seen season 1 either way.

In season 1 it's just some scenes hinting at the mystery of who his mother is, with Ned promising to tell Jon about her when he returns north. For the most part after that it's not very often until Littlefinger makes a big deal about Lyanna in the Winterfell crypts last season.

ramparter

Banned
what the what?!

D&D confirmed 13-15 episodes split into two seasons.
This. The number of eps may not be final but I think that right now the two seasons is 99% sure.

Personally I'd like them to push for 10 episodes seasons, NOT by putting fillers and crap but with taking time to showcase background lore and past events as we progress, scenes like in the 1st episode of season 5 with Cersei's prophecy.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
But even if they were married, Dany has a much stronger army. Just like Renly had a stronger army after Roberts death, most of the lords rallied behind him and not Stannis who was the older brother and rightful heir. The dothraki, unsullied and dragons won't simply abandon dany and fight for jon.

The former is more of what I was asking, as for the latter there I just wondered if he had valid claim, obviously I could see he can't beat her :p

Plus my guess is still that Jon would just ask for Danys help with the eventual war in the north, I figure Jon doesn't want the throne even if he has claim to it.

duckroll

The writers are the ones pushing HBO for shorter seasons because they say there isn't enough story for 20 more hours. There is no reality where they will deliver 20 episodes without bad filler if they are forced to.

Matty77

Don't see how LF ruins Jon if he knows his parentage as some suggest.

At least not if the north can think logically (since we have recently learned that for the most part the north remembers is just a catchy slogan).

First he got his acclaim as a Snow, his deeds put him there as much as anything. Second even with how things went down with Lyanna supposedly kidnapped and Ned's father and brother dying (and let's not forget Rhaegar beyond this incident was loved as much as his father was hated) Ned still brought him home and cast doubt on his rep to raise the boy a stark, bloodlines he is a stark, hell looks he is a stark.

So a prudent and logical person in the north finding out the truth doesn't throw all that out over this revalation that is even new to John and realizes even as a bastard that makes his claims as a true king more valid than any Lannister and should actually reinforce the call for an independent north.

Of course none of this accounts Dany But I don't think that factors in until she hits Westeros.

Ogni-XR21

The writers are the ones pushing HBO for shorter seasons because they say there isn't enough story for 20 more hours. There is no reality where they will deliver 20 episodes without bad filler if they are forced to.

While I prefer a little bit of a faster pace I feel like some parts of season 6 could have had a little bit more time to breathe. But I prefer their current approach if that means less low quality dialogue.

I think another problem they would face with 20 more episodes is that we are entering very special effect heavy territory which will increase production time and budget a lot.

I guess we now know why it's called King's Landing.

Lol

Anyway, Jaime has really grown on me.
Looking back, it's incredible how much my perception of certain characters has changed.
In most shows, when it comes to the main characters, what you see is what you get, with GoT the depth and complexity of the character arcs and their relationships with each other is just on a different level.

16BitNova

Is it known yet if season 7 will be the final season? Everything seems to have come together at the end of this season, now all that remains is for things to climax and conclude.

I guess if they make the white walkers take forever to cross the wall (still) they can make another season on that. Season 7, Dany taking over Westeros. Season 8 Westeros vs the white walkers.

But, I think it would just be better for all hell to break loose with the white walkers attacking around the same time Dany is conquering!

HMD

Is it known yet if season 7 will be the final season? Everything seems to have come together at the end of this season, now all that remains is for things to climax and conclude.

I guess if they make the white walkers take forever to cross the wall (still) they can make another season on that. Season 7, Dany taking over Westeros. Season 8 Westeros vs the white walkers.

But, I think it would just be better for all hell to break loose with the white walkers attacking around the same time Dany is conquering!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confirm-there-are-only-15-e-1782731578

Apt101

What about the more logical conclusion? That Arya has no more morals or value for human lives, and killed some random tavern wench, removed her face, and cleaned the body, and used her identity.

She's going to team up with Hot Pie and Gendry again, and they'll be the darkest and most cruel assassin band known in Westeros. Gendry will then declare himself the King of Blood.

I could see book Arya murdering some random, unlawful person if she really needed a face. Show Arya is still good, just vicious towards her enemies.

Hot Pie assassin would be the best. Poisoning people and what not. Come to think of it "Hot Pie" sounds like an Overwatch character. Look out it's Hot Pie, support class.

You know you want that GoT anime-quality filler.

Tyrion and Jaime's "lost" adventure to Fareasteros, where they participate in the Great Tea Race.

The episodes where it's revealed that there's another living Targ heir who has an even bigger dragon and rules an island kingdom that's never mentioned again when he's inevitably defeated by a special technique that Daernerys never uses again.

The Beach Episode, with The Hound and The Mountain finally having their volleyball rematch.

duckroll

If it's only 15 episodes then there is no season for two more seasons

15 episodes for one season is perfect.

The reason is having programming all year round. HBO wants two more years of Game of Thrones because it's the biggest show they have and they want it to continue for as long as it can. The writers have indicated they feel there are only about 13 more episodes they can produce given the content they have in mind. So in a situation like this, HBO will want two shorter seasons, rather than one longer season. A longer season does them no good at all, since it would just be a few more weeks of a year. Two seasons will give them two years of Game of Thrones, even with a few weeks less per year. That's how the programming business works.

mcrommert

Banned

Fliesen

this.

"lineage" and "line of succession" might still be relevant for the currently ruling house. But when it's about who's going to (re)claim the crown, nobody gives a shit about lineage, but military strength.

It seemed like it was commonly known that Joffrey nor Tommen were true Baratheons, yet - without hesitation - tommen was crowned the new King after the purple wedding.

Also, even if Jon had a stronger "claim" on the iron throne, i don't think he wants it. His main interest is to unite the living against the dead. Daenerys main interest is creating a better world, which should also include fending off the white walkers. They share a common goal, which isn't power over all of Westeros, but the wellbeing of the Westerosi people.
I don't see Jon having an issue with being "decrowned" and being instead made Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North, by Dany. He's one to be 'pushed' into being a ruler all the time - he's never strived for being one. He doesn't care about power. He wants to protect his family, his friends, his people, and Westeros.

KHlover

Banned
You know you want that GoT anime-quality filler.

Tyrion and Jaime's "lost" adventure to Fareasteros, where they participate in the Great Tea Race.

The episodes where it's revealed that there's another living Targ heir who has an even bigger dragon and rules an island kingdom that's never mentioned again when he's inevitably defeated by a special technique that Daernerys never uses again.

The Beach Episode, with The Hound and The Mountain finally having their volleyball rematch.

Beach episodes are love. Beach episodes are life. They are objectively the best episodes of any given series they appear in.

The reason is having programming all year round. HBO wants two more years of Game of Thrones because it's the biggest show they have and they want it to continue for as long as it can. The writers have indicated they feel there are only about 13 more episodes they can produce given the content they have in mind. So in a situation like this, HBO will want two shorter seasons, rather than one longer season. A longer season does them no good at all, since it would just be a few more weeks of a year. Two seasons will give them two years of Game of Thrones, even with a few weeks less per year. That's how the programming business works.

I really don't think it's a programming issue.

They have stated many times that it's a production issue. Episodes like Battle of the Bastards took almost 40 days to film. With it being likely that there are more large scale scenes, they need the budget and the production time to pull of what they need to do in 14 more episodes.

Essentially it's a choice between getting 7 episodes then 6 the next season (approx), or waiting two years for the final episodes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
8.89 million viewers. A new and well deserved record.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I find it a little stupid how we couldn't hear what Lyanna whispered to Ned. Oh sure, let's keep the "mystery" for another year on who his father is, even though 99% of the fans already figured it out.

Bit sad that we didn't see the Hound in the finale. They made a big deal for his return but forgot to do something with him in the end. Guess he'll join the Starks next season?

Speaking of joining Starks, here's hoping Arya actually go to Winterfell and not King Landing. Although I wouldn't be surprised if her revenge is more important to her than returning to her family at this point.

Atomic Odin

this.

Also, even if Jon had a stronger "claim" on the iron throne, i don't think he wants it. His main interest is to unite the living against the dead.

Not so sure on that. Based on his arc this season & the 9th episode one could very well assume that he wouldn't want Winterfell & the "King in the North" title, but he did accepted it anyway. Not saying he is suddenly turning power hungry but considering if people push for him to take the throne, I think he'll accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom