• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Don't know if I should take this too seriously, but I see a lot of Game of Thrones actors in other movies/shows, does this mean they will die this season in GoT? No spoilers, don't answer, but still a bit worrying to see them lol.

Nah. Varys was on Suits for a whole season and he is still alive. They just shoot several roles per year.

Vashetti

Banned
Sansa's only the key to the North if the Lannisters have the brothers killed, and now they know Sansa's missing, they almost certainly won't.

But do the Lannisters know that Bran and Rickon are alive?

I thought just the Boltons and Theon knew. The Boltons seem like the types to withhold that information just for themselves, I wouldn't doubt them to doublecross anybody to save their own skin.

I watched the episode with about 15 people and not one person thought it was rape. First of all, Cersei is a cunt. Secondly, they both started kissing each other in their grieving moment. Jamie escalated it because the guy hasn't got laid in forever, and it seemed to all of us that Cersei was more worried about getting caught than anything. They have had incest sex countless of times, have children together, and were in love. I think it's a stretch to call it rape.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Lord of Light might be the default belief in Essos, who knows.

Doubt it. Most city states Danny has visited seem to venerate a Sphynx/Siren kind of creature. You can see it at Mereen's walls and on top of Essos' pyramids.

j5uqli6QACl2c.png

jb1ZgcHSHQCUaG.png

Highly reminiscent of the Mesopotamian Burney Relief.

OiIiMZd.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
But do the Lannisters know that Bran and Rickon are alive?

I thought just the Boltons and Theon knew. The Boltons seem like the types to withhold that information just for themselves, I wouldn't doubt them to doublecross anybody to save their own skin.
I don't know, I just assumed because the Bolton's have been conspiring with the Lannisters, and they'd presumably get something for killing the kids at their request, but they could just keep them, but to know they'd be valuable, realistically they'd need to Sansa's escaped too.

Vashetti

Banned
I watched the episode with about 15 people and not one person thought it was rape. First of all, Cersei is a cunt. Secondly, they both started kissing each other in their grieving moment. Jamie escalated it because the guy hasn't got laid in forever, and it seemed to all of us that Cersei was more worried about getting caught than anything. They have had incest sex countless of times, have children together, and were in love. I think it's a stretch to call it rape.

Oh she must have deserved it then.

She was clearly objecting.

Portugeezer

It was some good ol' fashioned angry sex... to which she objected to (the reason doesn't really matter) so it's rape.

I expect rape in GoT.

Nameless

Oh she must have deserved it then.

She was clearly objecting.

Once a shitty person who you had sex with before kisses you, they've officially forgone their right not to be raped force fed the the dick they secretly yearn for. Pretty sure that's in the constitution.

Morts

This post is more disturbing than anything I've seen in Game of Thrones.

This post is more disturbing than anything I've seen in Game of Thrones.

I expected a response like this. I'm just saying, she seemed to be worried about getting caught, not anything else. That's what everyone else around me seemed to think too.

Maybe I'll have to rewatch the scene, but it seemed like she stopped fighting it after awhile.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
On a related note, we might actually get some sorta Stark reunion now that both Arya and Sansa are en route to The Vale.

Don't speak too soon. After all, last season Arya was just about to meet her mother and brother before they got killed.

StuBurns

Banned
I expected a response like this. I'm just saying, she seemed to be worried about getting caught, not anything else. That's what everyone else around me seemed to think too.

Maybe I'll have to rewatch the scene, but it seemed like she stopped fighting it after awhile.
Expected negative reactions to your claim that being a cunt is a good reason to rape someone? How prescient of you.

It's kinda funny how everyone who doesn't think it looked like a rape scene is quoted in the same demeaning way as the real victim blamers etc. in those rape news threads.
Implying this person is horrible for not agreeing on that it was rape (despite the fact that it wasn't). Probably because they are all rapists themselves!

Peagles

It's not rape if...

The woman is a "cunt"...
There's kissing happening...
Men have needs...
They've had sex before...
They have children together...
They were once in love...

Interesting perspective! Please tell me this is some kind of backwards medieval interpretation and you're deliberately trying to get the inner perspective of the show, lol.

Expected negative reactions to your claim that being a cunt is a good reason to rape someone? How prescient of you.

I didn't mean she should get raped for being a cunt. Although Cersei is such a vile person that she deserves to be tortured for awhile and beheaded or something. But that's not the point. Point is, she seemed to be into it. Kissing each other going at it, and then she was worried about getting caught, Jamie said "I don't care" and she seemed to stop fighting it. Seemed liked some good ol fashioned angry sex. Next to their dead son's corpse.

It's kinda funny how everyone who doesn't think it looked like a rape scene is quoted in the same demeaning way as the real victim blamers etc. in those rape news threads.
Implying this person is horrible for not agreeing on that it was rape (despite the fact that it wasn't). Probably because they are all rapists themselves!

Yeah that's what I meant when I said I expected those type of responses. I'm a horrible disturbing individual if the scene didn't look like rape to me!

Nameless

tumblr_n41m2cwcdP1sv54u3o1_500.gif

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
At first i was like "Can we not have sex next to the dead body?"

then i was like........

"Can we not have sex ON the dead body?"

Speevy

Banned
Cersei is a woman who once said she would meet with the conqueror of her city for a private audience and seduce him to save her own life. She also makes light of rape in the same episode. Yes, Cersei Lannister thinks people getting raped is just a thing that women have to endure. I'll post the scene if you don't believe me.

Imagine if the scene involved Jaime Lannister and Margaery Tyrell. I think perceptions of it would be different.

People don't know how to read the intentions of a woman who uses sex to get what she wants, while engaging in incest and making light of the pain and suffering of other women.

You want an unreliable narrator? Cersei is one. Her ideas about sex are as multi-dimensional as it gets.

Nameless

You mean the scene where her idea of rape prevention consists of bringing in an executioner to slaughter all her hand maidens should Stannis take the city?

Speevy

Banned
You mean the scene where her idea of rape prevention consists of bringing in an executioner to slaughter all her hand maidens should Stannis take the city?

Yeah, that one. Also the same woman whose first words to Sansa Stark included the question "Have you bled yet?" Catelyn immediately looks at her like "Answer the crazy queen before she kills us all."

She's unique among GoT characters.

Peagles

Yeah that's what I meant when I said I expected those type of responses. I'm a horrible disturbing individual if the scene didn't look like rape to me!

You said it, lol.

Seriously though, has anyone said this?

For those claiming she only had a problem with the location, so that makes it okay, think of it this way: if your boyfriend/girlfriend wanted to have sex with you, but it was somewhere you were really uncomfortable with (but otherwise wouldn't have minded having sex) and you said no but they said they didn't care and ripped your clothes and got on top of you and starting having sex with you anyway, how would you feel?

I think the scene was really badly shot if it was meant to be consensual, but it's kinda cool that it's provided us with such a good discussion, heh.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Jamie's a weird guy.

He treats his girl friend like a sister, and his sister like a girlfriend.

reggie

Banned
We are talking about a show which involves lots of murder and yet people are losing their shit over some lame "rape" scene. Fuck me dead, at least get your priorities straight. Have to wonder where some of you were during Khal Drogo saga, think this forum would have a meltdown in its current state.

Peagles

We are talking about a show which involves lots of murder and yet people are losing their shit over some lame "rape" scene. Fuck me dead, at least get your priorities straight. Have to wonder where some of you were during Khal Drogo saga, think this forum would have a meltdown in its current state.

Was that intentional? Lol.

I wasn't here for any of the other threads because I only started watching this recently, but I find it hard to believe nobody said anything about Khal Drogo. Perhaps everyone agreed it was rape so there wasnt much discussion to be had? Is the thread still archived somewhere?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

You're not really reading the situation correctly at all. No one is offended by the existence of a rape scene in this show, at least from what I've seen in this thread. This is Game of Thrones, it's pretty much par of the course.

It's just been a topic of conversation because a. it quickly undid Jamie's positive character development, and b. more importantly, the confusion over whether or not it was intended to be consensual between Jamie and Cersai. It's not some PC thing that you need to come in and stand up against, that's not needed at all.

Overdoziz

Banned
I believe it has more to do with the creators saying it wasn't rape and people disagreeing with that, rather than the scene itself.

Nameless

You're the second or third person to make this point and I'm not sure where it's coming from. Asserting the scene was an example of rape is not the same as complaining about the show depicting rape. Where are all these posts you're talking about?

spirity

Aren't you guys bored of discussing it? I guess the obvious answer is clearly no, and I know that. I just wanted to express my exasperation with the topic anyway. So there.

Who calls that thing a pie anyways? Was like some weird freaky dove cake.

Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds,
Baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?

At first i was like "Can we not have sex next to the dead body?"

then i was like........

"Can we not have sex ON the dead body?"

lol, that was how I felt as well. For a split second, I thought they were gonna push Joffrey's dead body on the floor to use that table. :|

J-Rod

I'm tired of folks slobbering over Jamie, so I hope this knocks him down a peg or two. Dude tried to push a kid to his death because he got caught fucking his sister, murdered his biggest fan and cousin, and has now raped a grieving woman over their dead son's body. I almost hope he follows Cerci's request to kill Tyrion just for the rage. I don't find anything about his character interesting. Tywin is the only evil bastard worth fawning over.

bengraven

I'm tired of folks slobbering over Jamie, so I hope this knocks him down a peg or two. Dude tried to push a kid to his death because he got caught fucking his sister, murdered his biggest fan and cousin, and has now raped a grieving woman over their dead son's body. I almost hope he follows Cerci's request to kill Tyrion just for the rage. I don't find anything about his character interesting. Tywin is the only evil bastard worth fawning over.

e0zznhJ.gif

(imho, if it's a villain you fawn over, i'd consider them an 'anti-hero' on this show...the true villains you hate can suck a cock)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
LOL, he's such a doucher then, there's no way anyone watched that scene and thought it turned consensual toward the end.
Apparently some people in this very thread did. It boggles my mind really. A woman says "no" and "stop" repeatedly, struggles physically to break free, never once asserts (verbally or non-verbally) anything resembling consent... but it's still not rape? I'm starting to think these people wouldn't consider anything to be truly rape. If you can handwave all of that, you can handwave anything.

yukonrye

Who calls that thing a pie anyways? Was like some weird freaky dove cake.
That was more of a for-show pie right? I've seen this on those Baking shows where they make an awesome cake but serve something different. I don't think anyone would want bird blood/shit/feathers in their food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom