• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeds

Apparently some people in this very thread did. It boggles my mind really. A woman says "no" and "stop" repeatedly, struggles physically to break free, never once asserts (verbally or non-verbally) anything resembling consent... but it's still not rape? I'm starting to think these people wouldn't consider anything to be truly rape. If you can handwave all of that, you can handwave anything.

Taken out of context I would agree with you. But taking into account the relationship these two characters have and their behaviour I'm surprised by those who can't see it from other peoples point of view.

What was the group named that had flamesword fights and resurreacted dead? Hound I think split man in two at cave party. I hope we get to see them more this season and they do some awesome shit to suprise fuck some faction. Lannisters please, they deserve it probably most of all, or those octopussy seamen or flayed men that cut penises off. :)

Yes im great with names.

Roflobear

random cast pics, stolen from reddit. *Spoilers* nothing to do with rape *spoilers*

I always liked this one:

1397487101514.jpg

Nameless

What was the group named that had flamesword fights and resurreacted dead? Hound I think split man in two at cave party. I hope we get to see them more this season and they do some awesome shit to suprise fuck some faction. Lannisters please, they deserve it probably most of all, or those octopussy seamen or flayed men that cut penises off. :)

Yes im great with names.

The Brotherhood Without Banners. The guy who was resurrected is Beric Dondarrion. The guy who prayed to bring him back is Thoros of Myr.

And yes, they were fantastic additions. I'll be sorely upset if we don't see them this season.

Revolver

That was more of a for-show pie right? I've seen this on those Baking shows where they make an awesome cake but serve something different. I don't think anyone would want bird blood/shit/feathers in their food.

Wasn't Joffrey eating that crap before he died? I can't believe anyone would eat a pie filled with bird shit.

The Brotherhood Without Banners. The guy who was resurrected is Beric Dondarrion. The guy who prayed to bring him back is Thoros of Myr.

And yes, they were fantastic additions. I'll be sorely upset if we don't see them this season.

Thanks! I should really rewatch the earlier seasons or start to read books. :)

My 2 cents on the rape thing: My first thought was rape as well, that jamie went too far after the initial kissing. But then aqgain, these two know each other uite well, cersei was pushing him away and she even said no, but she wasn´t trying too hard. I know how it sounds and it disgusts me as well, but it´s motherfucking cersei. If she was serious about not having sex, she could have scratched him, hit him. Scream. Jamies went too far, but then again, he´s a douche. He tried to kill a kid by pushing it out the window and he killed many other people. Oh and he fucks his sister. He went too far in this particular situation but i doubt cersei was mad about it 10 minutes later.

Portugeezer

TOO TALL!

WOULD
still
BANG!

Emilia Clarke is the best though, loved her reaction when that guy took out the horses eye and beheaded the other dude.

Sansa's some flawless shit, the show really needs to give her something to be happy or naked about soon.

Least favourite Stark for me. Wouldn't mind if she ends up as an emotionless husk by the time the series ends. Bran is second-to-last. He needs to gather his X-Men and quickly to defeat Apocalypse... I mean the Dragons/White Walkers or whatever

fader

The most interesting player in the game at this moment is Littlefinger. He has

-Harrenhal
-Power and influence in King's Landing
-Direct ties to the the Iron Bank of Braavos
-The "Key to the North" Sansa
- An opportunity to secure Lordship over The Vale

If anyone is poised to flip the board completely on its head it's him. You could argue he already kinda did that being at the center of a conspiracy that just assassinated out the king.

On a related note, we might actually get some sorta Stark reunion now that both Arya and Sansa are en route to The Vale.

why is Harrenhal important?

Vagabundo

Rape, not rape, who the fuck cares, both of them are gross.

Urgh....

Although when someones hand was gripping the blanket at the end I expected Joffrey's corpse to fall on the two of them. Maybe in the outtakes.

Overdoziz

Banned
Wait, is Sophie Turner really only 1.75m or is that information outdated? She looks like a giant at times, but that's not even that tall.

StuBurns

Banned
Naked Sansa will have to be next season at the earliest. She just turned 18 in February.
I don't think she'll ever be naked on the show, because she was young when her contract was written.

But I don't think you have to be 18 to be naked in media, Keira Knightley was naked in The Hole when she was 16.

StuBurns

Banned
Sophie Turner might be 18 but her character is younger you weirdos.
That's the other way around, on the show they're fucking from around twelve.

How old is Dany when the show started? I know we can't talk about any book stuff, but she's only about thirteen in the book.

I used to think Shae was quite tall so when I saw her standing next to Sansa I was like 'wut'.

Then I remembered the majority of her scenes were with Tyrion.

I don't think she'll ever be naked on the show, because she was young when her contract was written.

But I don't think you have to be 18 to be naked in media, Keira Knightley was naked in The Hole when she was 16.

Contracts can be amended anyway.

Maisie Williams is turning 18 next year, right ?

/creep

edit: can I just say how damn handsome Pedro Pascal is ? The dude is suave as shit.

oh geez

ive been avoiding this thread because i had not seen the episode until last night. i should have expected some of those rape-defending posts.

wooowwwww *making notes against posters' names*

on another note! that was another good episode. not as strong as the one before it, but it had very interesting parts. first things first, i didnt enjoy sam's arc, it's so drabby and seems so irrelevant. i understand he might be doing something epic later, but i just want to tune out until he's actually .... there.

and now, to the parts i enjoyed:
- Tyrion and Podrick .... omg so sweet. ;___; ... i just dont know how not to root for Tyrion's faction. He's so very loveable. And smart. And good.
- Oberyn. How is he THIS hawt. HOW.
- Tywin. Bawsssssss

And yay, Littlefinger is back! With all of his ojiisan weirdness. LOL

Daeny is still doing her thing. I know it's fantastical compared to the Westeros bits, but I think the Westeros bits are full with downtrodden arcs (Arya, Sam, Jon, Sansa, Reek, Bran, etc) so... idk, Daeny bits are always guilty pleasure for me. It's the high fantasy element in the series.

Also, ...... Daario. < 3 *swoons* he's so handsome. dat beard < 3 and dat hair < 3

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't think anyone who works on the show would want to have a Sansa nude scene. They've all been working with her since she was 14 or something like that right. I bet all the actors feel parental toward her.

No love for Margaery Tyrell? She's the Rashida Jones of Westeros or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom