• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Worst episode of the show so far. I agree with the pacing, it's becoming a bit too slow in places that isn't needed.

Should've made more of Jamie's rape of his own sister.
No dragons at all for 2nd week make it feel like it's a budget issue.
Still don't care enough about Jon Snow or Bran (maybe just me).
No fucking Stannis again.

The show is too slow but you're upset there wasn't another scene of Stannis doing nothing in particular.

What's happening now with Bran and Jon is far more interesting than anything with Stannis since season 2.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Worst episode of the show so far. I agree with the pacing, it's becoming a bit too slow in places that isn't needed.

So you want dragons just for the sake of dragons? There was no scene this week where you could claim they felt missing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Worst episode?

The Jamie/Tyrion and Brienne scenes were top notch.

So you want dragons just for the sake of dragons? There was no scene this week where you could claim they felt missing.

I don't know... how great would it have been to have them perched/circling around behind her during that closing shot of her on the top of the pyramid with her banner behind her.

Rur0ni

I figure the fact that it wasn't even talked about said enough about it.

Ovid

The show is too slow but you're upset there wasn't another scene of Stannis doing nothing in particular.

What's happening now with Bran and Jon is far more interesting than anything with Stannis since season 2.
Haha...Stannis is still licking his wounds from Blackwater lol...two seasons ago.

TheContact

I thought last week's was pretty boring because nothing really happened. This episode was great. In the eyes of the show and the director, he didn't rape her so they aren't going to bring it up like he did (even though it was rape to us)

Dragons may have been a budget issue or they weren't shown simply because they weren't needed

I think not caring about Jon or Bran is just you, because Jon is going to have a crazy story arc I bet with the white walkers / wildlings and Bran has one of the coolest powers in the game, I can't wait for him to take over a Dragon, you know he's going to. I think he can take over humans too? Heard people saying that but I missed it in the show.

No Stannis which I agree on but whenever they've been showing him lately it's been kind of pointless. He is the true king in my eyes as he is the one who actually deserves it. I don't know how great a king he would be with Mellisandre whispering in his ear though. She's pretty crazy, I can see her killing a lot of people.

Nameless

No Stannis which I agree on but whenever they've been showing him lately it's been kind of pointless. He is the true king in my eyes as he is the one who actually deserves it. I don't know how great a king he would be with Mellisandre whispering in his ear though. She's pretty crazy, I can see her killing a lot of people.

Lady Melisandre is a holy woman and a champion of light & life. Sure, technically she's kills people, but in the bigger picture she cleansing their souls with fire, giving them the priceless gift of the Red God's embrace. Westeros with their false gods and false religions could use someone like her to guide the country towards the greatest truth there is.

Nose Master

Really enjoyed this episode, lots of great dialogue. I wish they'd just save the budget and write Dany out until she does something interesting, jesus. Those city take-overs could be okay scenes, but they're so short and awkward. It basically cuts from a full city to her throwing collars in the streets.

I don't know... how great would it have been to have them perched/circling around behind her during that closing shot of her on the top of the pyramid with her banner behind her.

Exactly. Definitely a budget issue IMO. "Needed" is silly, she's the mother of Dragons. At the peak of her story so far it would've made TOTAL sense to have her "children" be with her.

Just not that into Bran or Jon stories, subjective choice I suppose but whatever. Just not my thing right now.

Point on there being no Stannis is the point of them not moving his character on enough. Ok, it's determined by the books but he's a big character with very little progression.

Unless I missed something there is also still no hint at Theons sister going to get him back from last season. Is she lost or something?

Best scene this week was Littlefinger but then I like all the intrigue and politics stuff more than anything else in the show.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Unless I missed something there is also still no hint at Theons sister going to get him back from last season. Is she lost or something?

yeah that's a weird one. It's been a long time since then and it hasn't been addressed at all.

Hey, it takes time to sail from one place to another, it's a big world!

Unless your Littlefinger, then you just instantly get to your destination for the next episode.

Lubricus

Lady Melisandre is a holy woman and a champion of light & life. Sure, technically she's kills people, but in the bigger picture she cleansing their souls with fire, giving them the priceless gift of the Red God's embrace. Westeros with their false gods and false religions could use someone like her to guide the country towards the greatest truth there is.

My respect for her went up when she saw the message from Castle Black requesting reinforcements and said, "This is more important than mere kings".

Showaddy

yeah that's a weird one. It's been a long time since then and it hasn't been addressed at all.

She said she was going to sail up the Weeping Water to get to Theon last season which means she's got to sail round pretty much all of Westeros to get to him. She was in the trailer though so she'll turn up at some point.

Who cares as long as we get more little finger.

TheContact

Who is the Locke guy at the wall? Has he been an in episode before and if so what is his backstory? Look really familiar.

I had to go back and look and I think he's the guy that chopped off Jamie's hand and brought him to the Boltons

Which makes me wonder if he's a spy put there on behalf of the Boltons to find Bran and Rickon

Showaddy

Who is the Locke guy at the wall? Has he been an in episode before and if so what is his backstory? Look really familiar.

1366107962_handae.gif

Philippo

I quite liked this episode.
Cool to see some Grey Worm character developement (even if i think it will eventually bite Dany in the back).

Best scene was of course Jaime and Brienne's farwell, really touching but also funny (dem Pod expressions). I wonder what'll happen once Tywin finds out his son gave away the sword lol.

Also, i'd sell my soul to be in Tommen's place (i would have jumped on her so bad).

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
is the soon to be new king kid a child of the 1 handed man and the old queen since hes blonde too or what?

im not good with names

Nameless

My respect for her went up when she saw the message from Castle Black requesting reinforcements and said, "This is more important than mere kings".

If you go back to her very first scene(S2E01) she references a prophecy predicting bleeding stars(the comet), a long night, and Death rising in the north. So yeah, when she reads the message from the Wall she realizes that some ancient shit is about to hit the fan.

I thought she was just a crazy cult leader for so long.

Then that black thing came out of her snatch.

But that could have been any number of black magic spells I thought, there isn't any proof that there are actually gods in this universe. They are probably all just superstition.

Then the hound wrecked that dude, only to have him come back to life after a prayer to the God of Light.

f8w2ruE.gif

I had to go back and look and I think he's the guy that chopped off Jamie's hand and brought him to the Boltons

Which makes me wonder if he's a spy put there on behalf of the Boltons to find Bran and Rickon

Yeah he is, he works for Roose Bolton.

Roose Bolton sent Locke to find Bran and Rickon since they pose a threat to his rule of the north. He then sent Ramsay Snow (his bastard son) to capture Moat Caitlin to earn his name as a Bolton, and sent Theon/Reek with him too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

True, I guess they would have fit there. That shot slipped my mind.

Juz

I'm not liking the white walker stuff very much. Somehow they just seem silly.

Otherwise a pretty solid episode.

Nameless

I thought she was just a crazy cult leader for so long.

Then that black thing came out of her snatch.

But that could have been any number of black magic spells I thought, there isn't any proof that there are actually gods in this universe. They are probably all just superstition.

Then the hound wrecked that dude, only to have him come back to life after a prayer to the God of Light.

f8w2ruE.gif

I'm not religious in the least, but as far as the GoT universe goes I support and believe in The Lord of Light wholeheartedly. There's just too much evidence and odd twists of fate to deny His existence at this point.

Also that musical cue that plays everytime a Red God follower appears on screen is one of my favorite things. So good.

Violet_0

Banned
didn't Roose say something about the Greyjoy forces sitting in the north and denying them control over Winterfell and Theon being a valuable hostage in the second episode? At least I think it was the Greyjoys

Showaddy

didn't Roose say something about the Greyjoy forces sitting in the north and denying them control over Winterfell and Theon being a valuable hostage in the second episode? At least I think it was the Greyjoys

They're controlling the entry into the North, so he can't get his army in to take over the place. It's why he said he had to smuggle himself into his own lands.

Wow, yeah, they haven't even checked in on that thread yet this season. Last we heard she was going to march on the Dreadfort, but Bolton's Bastard and Reek are off to Winterfell or something so they're not even going to be there if/when she arrives. I remember being super pumped to see her storm the Dreadfort too after last season ended.

Maybe it was because of that terrible music afterwards, but I think this may be the first time I've appreciated how well done this shot is. The way the hand goes from tense to limp when cut, the way the blood pools, and how it all looks real and not just some cheap prosthetic.

I'm not liking the white walker stuff very much. Somehow they just seem silly.

Otherwise a pretty solid episode.

Yeah they lost my GF on that. Ive been trying desperately to get her into the show, and this was maybe her 3rd episode ever.

The white walker stuff may have killed any hope I had. :(

Stannis's wife posts on neogaf :S

I, for one, am itching to know everything I can about the Red God.

I love religious lore in fiction, and I agree. There's just too much that proves whatever the Lord of Light is, he's very, very real.

Carnby

Stay away from yahoo.com for the next few days. They have a headline stating "HBO accidentally revealed big spoiler!" and they picture they show from this week's episode is very self explanatory.

Thanks Yahoo.

Raynes

Stay away from yahoo.com for the next few days. They have a headline stating "HBO accidentally revealed big spoiler!" and they picture they show from this week's episode is very self explanatory.

Thanks Yahoo.

Thanks for the heads up dude :] Sorry it got spoiled for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom