• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tywin will pick Bronn to fight for the crown, knowing full well that Tyrion would pick him as his champion and Bronn cares about living more than dying for Tyrion. Then, Jamie will volunteer himself to fight for Tyrion. Jamie will fight "dirty" in the fight to win.

Oh damn. Nice.

But I can't expect Jamie to win that, as it would be too "perfect" of a way out. Bronn is supposed to be the master/teacher, and regardless of what dirty tactic used, I'd expect Bronn to outplay him.

Though, at the same time, the writing seems to point to exactly that outcome.

I really felt for Tyrion when he talked about his dwarfism. Fuck Shae for being so stupid, but it was the "trial for dwarfism" line that really got me.

potam

Banned
Oh damn. Nice.

But I can't expect Jamie to win that, as it would be too "perfect" of a way out. Bronn is supposed to be the master/teacher, and regardless of what dirty tactic used, I'd expect Bronn to outplay him.

Though, at the same time, the writing seems to point to exactly that outcome.

I really felt for Tyrion when he talked about his dwarfism. Fuck Shae for being so stupid, but it was the "trial for dwarfism" line that really got me.

You have to remember though that before losing his hand, Jaime was one of the best swordsmen (or at least in duels) in the land. He's been having to retrain his body, but I believe he's still a more-than-capable fighter, at least mentally.

Varys-getting-bopped-on-the-head.gif

I just noticed Pycell also got hit in the head in that gif

After watching. The scene again I think Shae was in on the whole confess/night watch arrangement.

When he demands trial by combat she has a look on her face of this is not how it was supposed to go.

hoooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkk

dinklage :bow

who the fuck is tyrion gonna choose for his champ?

wait

hold the fuck up

didn't bronn say he saw shae leave? hope he didn't betray tyrion

ffffffffffuuuuuuckkkkk Shae holy fuck what a stupid piece of shit

omg

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I am questioning how no one is asking the obvious; the events that lead to Joffrey's death during the festivities. How are they overlooking the fact that Tyrion's grand plan was to poison Joffrey by somehow magically becoming Joffrey's cup bearer by annoying him, and then leaving the scene only to be called back by Joffrey to have his cup filled with poison, and then, standing there like an idiot. Perfect plan.

It's a farce of a trial. If they were actually trying to figure out who killed Joffrey, they wouldn't have had the sideshow of characters come out and point out the various ways Tyrion's awful.

After Shae basically telling him how his awfulness hurt her, he finally broke. He was never a good person, but until then he didn't know that everybody else knew it. Now he doesn't give a shit anymore. If he goes down, he's swinging the entire way.

What are your best and worse possible scenario? For me:

Best possible combats:
(for Tyrion) vs (for Cersei)

Oberyn vs The Mountain
Jaime vs Bronn
Tyrion vs Jaime

Worse possible combats

Jaime vs The Mountain
Tyrion vs The Mountain
Bronn vs Jaime

The Iron Born ain't fucking shit. They suck.
All that buildup with Asha reading the letter leads to Ramsey, who just finished busting his nuts comes and a couple of goons kicking their asses? lame. I thought Theon's sister was supposed to be some Xena warrior princess. Man, the Iron Born are a bunch of pussies.

You know else is lame? Stannis. All he did was look like a little bitch and pout in a corner while staring at Davos for answers. holy shit, he looked like he had less balls than Theon in that scene.

Best possible combats:

Oberyn vs The Mountain (or that kings guard douche)
Jaime vs Bronn
Tyrion vs Jaime

Worse possible combats

Jaime vs The Mountain
Tyrion vs The Mountain
Bronn vs Jaime
If the mountain is involved then I want oberyn to fight him since he rapechopped his sis but i don't think a judge can be champion.

sangreal

Best possible combats:

Oberyn vs The Mountain (or that kings guard douche)
Jaime vs Bronn
Tyrion vs Jaime

Worse possible combats

Jaime vs The Mountain
Tyrion vs The Mountain
Bronn vs Jaime

I would hate to see Tyrion vs Jaime or Jaime vs Bronn since I like all the characters involved. Wouldn't mind seeing Tyrion fight for himself though. Oberyn versus The Mountain seems plausible given his conversation w/ Tywin but I'm not really convinced he would come out ahead

Ratrat

The Iron Born ain't fucking shit. They suck.
All that buildup with Asha reading the letter leads to Ramsey, who just finished busting his nuts comes and a couple of goons kicking their asses? lame. I thought Theon's sister was supposed to be some Xena warrior princess. Man, the Iron Born are a bunch of pussies.

You know else is lame? Stannis. All he did was look like a little bitch and pout in a corner while staring at Davos for answers. holy shit, he looked like he had less balls than Theon in that scene.

If the mountain is involved then I want oberyn to fight him since he rapechopped his sis but i don't think a judge can be champion.
Who is Asha? :eek:

Antti

I'm gonna be in the very small minority here, but I thought Dinklage overacted some parts of that scene, and it turned me off during the scene.

I still liked the episode, though. What stops the king/Tywin from denying his plead for a trial by combat?

A conspiracy to take down Tyrion

Varys is so sly, kept it honest saying he remembered while not entirely admitting what he told Tyrion.

I'm gonna be in the very small minority here, but I thought Dinklage overacted some parts of that scene, and it turned me off during the scene.

I still liked the episode, though. What stops the king/Tywin from denying his plead for a trial by combat?

tyrion_dancing.gif

tumblr_n0rf4uAHHL1qmz4rgo3_250.gif

Viper and Mountain (title of next week's episode). It's gonna be Oberyn vs the Mountain. It will be glorious!
(It's good manners to offer context w spoiler tags right? Not really sure what to say here that isn't too spoilery itself....
"Potential spoilers based on future episode titles" i guess?
Pay per view match of the century. Westeros gonna be legit shook.

Short, but eventful episode for many of the characters. Theon (Reek) seems beyond repair mentally after what Ramsey has put him through. And now that twisted bastard is going to use a broken man to attack the Greyjoy's. Oh my.

The kangaroo Court scene was fantastic. We knew what the outcome is going to be and even got a scene of Twyin saying as much. Scheme on top of scheme, but even he could not expect the balls Tyrion would display once everyone turned their backs on him. Good, good acting and directing of all the participants in that scene. It's a joy to watch a predominant amount of the cast in a specific scene like we did with the wedding earlier this season.

I'm reaching probably,
but from the previews it would be incredible if Tyrion had planned this out from the beginning, or at least had a plan to fall back on so he could act the way he did in the trial.

Tywin's gotta realize that he's the worst Dad ever, maaaan.

Am I correct in thinking that Stannis got the blessing/loan or whatever you want to call it from the Iron Bank to try and take the throne?

Considering Davos gave Salladhor money that seemed to be quite neatly packaged.

They should have changed the physical appearance of Theon more. He didn't look that broken on the surface, and in a visual medium like TV or film you want to help it with makeup as much as possible.

Yeah the Iron Born are a bunch of bitchaasses. Lost to a shirtless guy with an axe when they had shields. Fucking losers.

Damn Peter Dinklage is the fucking man. What an incredible speech. I think we were already spoiled in the S4 trailers about who is gonna be who's champion.

Speculation:
I think Tyrion will pick Oberyn and it will be against the mountain. Oberyn gets his revenge and gets on Tyrions good side, Ty manages to live, Cersei takes a big fat L.

Lesson: Dont fall in love with your whores and then proceed to piss them off.

They should have changed the physical appearance of Theon more. He didn't look that broken on the surface, and in a visual medium like TV or film you want to help it with makeup as much as possible.

Yup, it bothered me that his physique didn't seem to match his mental state at all.

Also, the part with the dogs. Let's just stand around while Ramsay takes his sweet time unlocking the gates.

The end of last season built up this big rescue effort, and even tonight, the speech while reading the letter. Then all we got was that half assed attempt.

LowParry

I think Jaime is going to be the one who fights for Tyrion. It just makes sense considering what Jaime was willing to do to save him. The aftermath of it all though. Hells. What a scary place King's Landing is going to be.

Alfie's crazy eyes and disheveled hair sell it.

The eyes and acting are strong, but i'm not sure the hair alone is enough. There are so many others who look as disheveled in the show, he still fits in. Plus he is visually still very recognizable as whom he was before. If he has his head shaved/ or be extremely thin, etc maybe that would have made him seem out of the norm, and even if there isn't a logical connection, the mere act of looking very different from what he was before would add to it.

Now this probably isn't in the books because they don't require such drastic visual change, but when translated to a visual medium the viewer will thing about those things because movies and TV have trained us to expect them.

Madrin

Damn..... DAMN. That speech.... such a great episode. I love that we finally got another really solid Tyrion scene. He's one of the best (maybe the best) characters in the show, but ever since Blackwater he hasn't had a lot of memorable moments.

Also Tywin revealing that he's been playing Jaime this whole time was amazing. It's exactly the kind of shrewd, calculated move I would expect from Tywin. The characters in this show are phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom