• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tyron we know from the show is too smart for that. He knows the trial is a farce, he knows everything Shae says in the witness stand is just part of the deal to save his/her life and not betrayal.
I'm not too sure about that given his delivery of the 1,000 lying whores comment to Cersei (Shae was clearly in his line of sight).

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The sex scene early in the episode was super dark...did Margeary sex up Tommen? I couldn't tell who it was.

Nerokis

God this myth needs to die in fire.

Syrio Forel didn't die.
The last time we see him he beat up 3 fully armored king's guards with just a stick.

Arya is assuming he died because she's thinking like dumbass.

I was rewatching Game of Thrones on HBO Go with the interactive features turned on, and one of the slides clarifies that he indeed died. I think Arya's dialogue was HBO's way of clarifying that fact, and not so much her "thinking like dumbass."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was rewatching Game of Thrones on HBO Go with the interactive features turned on, and one of the slides clarifies that he indeed died. I think Arya's dialogue was HBO's way of clarifying that fact, and not so much her "thinking like dumbass."

I'm going to pretend that I didn't read this and that Syrio is hanging with naked ladies in Braavos somewhere.

Curufinwe

With the way the schedule is I think we'll find out next week who the fighters will be, and then have to wait a fortnight to see them actually fight.

wildfire

Banned

Well that's a terrible way to conclude that scene then. You can't hide such a detail in HBO Go and then play it off as truth 3 seasons later.

Carbonox

Holy fuck, what an incredible episode. The final scene was mesmerizing.

dat dragon cgi tho

Looked fucking spectacular.

A part of me thinks Jamie will volunteer as Tyrion's champion and he will have to fight Oberyn, allowing Oberyn his revenge by killing the one guy Tywin's pinned the continuation of the Lannister name on. Oberyn would love to end any chances of that name continuing on, though he'd bank on Tyrion also dying as a result which probably won't happen for whatever reason.

My speculation is based on fuck all other than what makes sense to me for maximum carnage on the lead up to the finale.

I like Jamie though so would prefer for him not to die.

Oh and fuck Shae.

Lyonaz

Lena Headey interviews Pedro Pascal

tumblr_n3t42ym2L91ts0pexo1_250.gif
tumblr_n3t42ym2L91ts0pexo2_250.gif

tumblr_n3t42ym2L91ts0pexo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n3t42ym2L91ts0pexo4_r1_250.gif

Need to find the source.

Click Me

It was amazingly sad the moment you could just see Tyrion break.

Once Shae walked out as a witness for the crown (is that how it was titled?), you could see the shock and disbelief. Then, as she started talking, the moment Tyrion sits down you knew he was done.
I imagine Tyrion has taken a lot of punishment (both mental and emotional) for the length of his life, but this was the one that finally broke his spirit. I was fearful this would happen and it did. Simply killing Tyrion in this show wouldn't be bad enough. It would have to be something just absolutely soul-crushing.
Shae was the one thing in this shitty, lie-filled world that gave him any hope for a potential happy future. Yeah, he sent her away- but I think for him just knowing she was alive somewhere, safe, was enough hope for him to hold on to... hope that one day he could fly away from Kings Landing and be with the one person that makes him happy; the one person that doesn't make him feel like an "imp".

That's all gone now. All of that love, trust, and hope built up- just destroyed down to the foundation. Even the best scenario for Tyrion, a champion winning his innocence, isn't going to fix that.

A woman that he deeply loved betrayed him. His family (sans Jaime) betrayed him. The people he protected and risked his life for laughed at him and mocked him. Decent people he met on his travels are either dead or long gone.

Out of all the deaths in the show so far, the death of Tyrion's wit and spirit is probably the most difficult for me so far. His final "Fuck you" speech just seems like a man accepting the fact that he's a dead man walking... and that's just heartbreaking for me.

Flo_Evans

The Tyron we know from the show is too smart for that. He knows the trial is a farce, he knows everything Shae says in the witness stand is just part of the deal to save his/her life and not betrayal.

Eh, no. I agree she is going along with the plan to have him plead guilty, but some of that stuff was personal to hurt him like he hurt her.

Yeah he is smarter than her, and he knows she is dead after she "saves" him.

Sanjay

Those called to be a champion in trial by combat surely can decline. I mean, Tyrion wants it, but he's going to need someone who'll actually...you know...fight for the dude accused of killing the king against whoever the Lannisters choose.

It's not the most appealing proposition, especially knowing that victory will surely mean Tyrion's ostracisation from the family and thus loss of wealth. Bronn swooped in because the claims came from a mad woman and he knew Tyrion was worth a fortune. But now? Who would seriously pick up sword for a supposed kingslayer?

Well we know who the Lannister's are going to pick, The Mountain. Now who would seriously pick up a sword to kill the Mountain. I know one guy.

Just give Dinklage the Oscar already. The entire trial was crushing.

Wasn't it Ramsay? Since he came to the dungeons with no shirt on.

Yeah, that was Ramsay and the girl who was helping him hunt down the other girl inthe forest in a previous episode. Not to mention, Tommen is blode haired.

tumblr_n3t42ym2L91ts0pexo3_r1_250.gif

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Were you watching on a 10 inch screen? It was Ramsay Snow and his lover.

That's why I couldn't quite tell. It didn't look like Tommen...but it was so hard to see. Dark scene and glare of the sun on my screen.

Tyrion ain't gonna ask Jaime to fight for him.

Jaime has one hand and Tyrion actually likes Jaime. Why would he ask Jaime to die with him? Cersei obviously doesn't bare much of the same feelings for Jaime anymore so shes not going to hold back on a Champion either.

Because he knows how much Tywin values Jaime. So it would actually work in his favour since Tywin would not want to risk Jaime dying. But it would mean throwing the only family member that has been decent to him to the lions. That's not his style though.

Sendero

The next episode trailer pretty seems to imply
that Tyrion won't choose Jaime. And Bronn was reported of being under investigation, so likely won't be a viable option. It does sound that he really is planning to fight himself.

Which is actually the worst scenario for Tywin: It's obvious now that his father didn't plan to take the trial that far, and only used it as excuse to get Jaime and Oberyn on board. And get the unruly dwarf away for a change.

But not this time. Tyrion has directly defied his authority. IF he fights himself and hence swiftly slayed, Tywin can kiss good bye Jaime and any chance of prolonging the Lannister legacy.

This was a battle of wits. And even on his darker moment; all alone, Tyrion managed to turn out the tables.
The truth bombs have been deployed.

Madrin

I never understood the "Syrio is still alive" theory. He was an interesting but minor character that served no significant purpose to the overall story. There's no reason the show wouldn't have killed him off.

I never understood the "Syrio is still alive" theory. He was an interesting but minor character that served no significant purpose to the overall story. There's no reason the show wouldn't have killed him off.

Not many named characters actually die without some sense of resolution/sign that they genuinly did die in this series, right?

demolitio

Why do you think he deserves a shitty fate? Maybe it's been too long since I've seen the previous seasons, but I don't recall Tywin ever acting particularly evil the way that Jaime, Cersei, and Joffrey have. I see him as an authority figure that keeps everyone in line and largely cleans up the messes that other people make.

Being part of the Red Wedding which was as dishonorable as possible in that era? Sure, he takes care of his family, but it's not like he's doing it for their sakes instead of protecting his legacy. He treats Tyrion like shit, etc.

I like his character, but he deserves to die. He's not pure evil, but has done absolutely evil and dishonorable things and that's not me being subjective. He's doing it for his family's name, not for their good.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Best thing about this episode was the return of Tryion's balls. He was always at his best when he's talking down to people, but he's been neutured ever since Tywin yelled at him.

RytGear

Whatever happens in regards to Tyrion I hope they keep it in line with the books(haven't read them) just because he's a loved character and they fear they will lose viewers, if he dies in the book and the somehow keep him alive on the show I will be furious.

Portugeezer

Whatever happens in regards to Tyrion I hope they keep it in line with the books(haven't read them) just because he's a loved character and they fear they will lose viewers, if he dies in the book and the somehow keep him alive on the show I will be furious.

As if they care about keeping people alive, and why would you care how true it is to the book if you haven't read the book? Enjoy the TV show.

RytGear

As if they care about keeping people alive, and why would you care how true it is to the book if you haven't read the book? Enjoy the TV show.

Because it wouldn't be what GRRM wrote so lets say he dies in the books but they keep him alive, they then have to create all new scenes for him that weren't originally there and may not be intended for the story.

I love Prince Oberyn. he is so chill about everything he does and about what is going on. the small council scene when he doesnt get up shows to me he is just playing along until he can get to The Mountain. the scene he had with Varys and the thinking he was into boys was hilarious because of his reaction

Chopper

Because it wouldn't be what GRRM wrote so lets say he dies in the books but they keep him alive, they then have to create all new scenes for him that weren't originally there and may not be intended for the story.
Won't happen mate. Don't worry about it.

I'm pretty sure from the season 4 trailer that I know who Tyrion will have fighting for him
Oberyn fights the mountain. The trailer makes it absolutely clear that Oberyn fights in a duel against a much larger opponent armored and with a hefty sword, I've got screencaps which prove it. It's a masterstroke as Tywin needs Oberyn (don't forget where Cersei's daughter is) not to mention they need the coin and armies of Dorne in the event of an attack. Of course given how you can't predict much anything in the show I don't take it as a sign that Oberyn will necessarily win. The Lannisters may be fucked whoever wins because Cersei will go out of her way to kill Tyrion no matter the cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom