• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t think Tyrion will name a champion at all. After all the suffering and dissapointments he prefers to die instead of going to the wall. In a final act he can fuck with Tywins plans for the last time. He could name Jamie but i don´t believe he would risk his brothers life in a fight for a lost cause, Oberyn then offers to be a champion to the great surprise of everyone else. He knows Tywin will have to announce the mountain to fight against him to have a chance of winning. Oberyn admires the courage of Tyrion and he gets to fight the mountain. Question is: Will he win?

inky

What's Varys got up his sleeve? "Unfortunately I never forget" what does that mean??

I took it as if he was trying to save his life. Tywin is a master of manipulation and in his scene with Jamie we know he had a plan all along. It's not unreasonable to think that Varys agreed to a deal that would save Tyrion's life, even if that meant standing against him in the trial. The evidence was stacked against him either way, so it was a losing battle.

But that's just how I saw it. Varys is a crafty and sneaky motherfucker, and he could have other things going on, especially after his talk with Oberyn. I'm pretty sure he is aware of Littlefinger's plans too, in fact, he is the only one who might be, so it might also be a long run move. Lannister family is falling apart and this can only help.

Kozak

Banned
I didn't like that Daenarys whimped out on that Bizdahr guy.

Goes to show that shes easily going to manipulated by men.

Azih

I didn't like that Daenarys whimped out on that Bizdahr guy.

Goes to show that shes easily going to manipulated by men.
She can't kill everyone. She already has the most impressive bodycount in the series, which is quite an accomplishment.

TheContact

I really hope this is the case and that he'll help Tyrion if he gets out of this, financially at least because unless Tyrion has some coin saved up somewhere he'll be broke, he won't get a dime from his family other than possibly Jamie, if he lives/if he fights.

I've always like Varys a lot, but not so much after last night.

What's up with Varys anyway telling Oberyn that he's interested in the iron throne. Is that Varys' real objective or just trying to throw off Oberyn. Doesn't seem like Varys would throw those cards on the table for no reason. Who knows what his agenda is but he reminds me of littlefinger for his cunning

mm04

I was hoping that Yara would gut Ramsey and kill him slowly. That was a disappointing raid., that achieved very little, if anything.

That was like a totally blown old school EQ boss raid. Puller aggoes the mini-boss mob and trains him and his guards to the room you're buffing in. Yara and company effectively trained out of the castle and zoned at the shoreline hah.

first post here on GAF and glad it is in the GoT thread.

that was some amazing television last night. as soon as tywin said "deal" to jaime so quickly just reinforced that he always knows exactly what he is doing. i love this show so much.

What's up with Varys anyway telling Oberyn that he's interested in the iron throne. Is that Varys' real objective or just trying to throw off Oberyn. Doesn't seem like Varys would throw those cards on the table for no reason. Who knows what his agenda is but he reminds me of littlefinger for his cunning

I think it was a nod to "power" rather than the iron throne directly.

You've got to feel for Jaime. He wants to be honorable and stick to his oath but he's being put in the worst positions possible to break it. King's guard now, yet he might fight for someone who is the supposed killer of the previous King, but he might have to do it due to the love of his brother. There's a good chance he might fight for him to be known as the oathbreaker again.

Damn GRRM, you're a cruel, cruel bastard.

She can't kill everyone. She already has the most impressive bodycount in the series, which is quite an accomplishment.

The man was already dead, rotting away crucified.

She showed major weakness to a wealthy, noble man by allowing him to do what his father denied many others. Just because the guy said his father was against the Crucifixions makes them automatically true? She made a big mistake and it will cause problems for her otherwise they wouldn't have shown it and there wouldn't have been a single reason for her to be in this episode.

You've got to feel for Jaime. He wants to be honorable and stick to his oath but he's being put in the worst positions possible to break it. King's guard now, yet he might fight for someone who is the supposed killer of the previous King, but he might have to do it due to the love of his brother. There's a good chance he might fight for him to be known as the oathbreaker again.

Damn GRRM, you're a cruel, cruel bastard.

My question is, what will be Jamie's reaction to everything that Tyrion said, he shit all over Joffrey, who happens to be Jamie's son. I think there might be a conflict of interest because of it.

wildfire

Banned
tumblr_n3t42ym2l91ts0swdyw.gif

Heady is still ripped from her SCC days. Damn.

Cersei vs Ramsey shirtless. Make it happen HBO.

Sean*O

Episode was good except for that damn Bolton part, which was a joke. 'Give me my brother, and no more of your men will die' 'oh shit dogs'

They would have slaughtered that shirtless bastard and skewered the dogs through the bars if the show were even trying to be halfway credible in that moment.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Dinklage is the most amazing Tyrion they could ever have hoped for. Such a fantastic actor.

My question is, what will be Jamie's reaction to everything that Tyrion said, he shit all over Joffrey, who happens to be Jamie's son. I think there might be a conflict of interest because of it.

To me Jaime has never seem to give much of a shit about Joffrey at all. I really don't think he would care at all what Tyrion said and probably would agree with him...

That being said, I have no idea why anyone is talking about Jaime being involved in the fight. There is absolutely zero chance he is going to be chosen to defend the crown, as Tywin is not going to throw his son into a scenario where he might not come back and Cersei wouldn't want him either as she's already lost any real sense of value of him due to his hand being gone. Tyrion also isn't going to choose Jaime and knows his father wouldn't allow it anyway.

I still honestly believe Tyrion asked for trial by combat with the distinct intention of fighting himself

wildfire

Banned
Remember what the Hound said. Bigger armor, bigger sword always wins.

God this myth needs to die in fire.

Syrio Forel didn't die.
The last time we see him he beat up 3 fully armored king's guards with just a stick.

Arya is assuming he died because she's thinking like dumbass.

We see unarmored warriors beating the shit out of armored warriors repeatedly every season.

Season 1 - Bronn
Season 2 - Arya's Assassin friend. (wasn't actually seen but the body count is way too fucking high)
Season 3 - Worm and Daario with an armored Jormant
Season 4 - Ramsey

The Hound was proving his point by picking a fight with a kid in training. *rolls eyes*

Rewatch season 1. He actually tells us his aspirations for the throne back then and it's not what you think it is.

Kozak

Banned
Tyrion ain't gonna ask Jaime to fight for him.

Jaime has one hand and Tyrion actually likes Jaime. Why would he ask Jaime to die with him? Cersei obviously doesn't bare much of the same feelings for Jaime anymore so shes not going to hold back on a Champion either.

Sajjaja

Davos and Stannis at the Iron Bank.

I thought this was a great scene as well. Also, Mycroft Holmes from Sherlock is here which I thought was a nice casting choice. Anyone else notice how at the end his glove is still on, but when I watched it on HBO, they showed his actual hand which the fingers cut.

Ovid

Syrio Forel didn't die.
The last time we see him he beat up 3 fully armored king's guards with just a stick.

We see unarmored warriors beating the shit out of armored warriors repeatedly every season.

Season 1 - Bronn
Season 2 - Arya's Assassin friend. (wasn't actually seen but the body count is way too fucking high)
Season 4 - Ramsey

The Hound was proving his point by picking a fight with a kid in training. *rolls eyes*

Rewatch season 1. He actually tells us his aspirations for the throne back then and it's not what you think it is.
I was like WTF when I saw Ramsey last night. Looked like something from a action movie. It was cool though.

I agree about Syrio.

Lamel

Banned
Here is the end of the sixth episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFROZkA-EWg

Relive the glory.

This is one of my favorite scenes, if not the favorite, in the entire show.

The tension between Jaime and Tyrion, and Tywin and Tyrion; you can just FEEL it. Oberyn startled at shit getting real. The pure emotion in Tyrion's voice and mannerisms. It feels great to see him reveal his feelings about shitbag bastard Joffrey, and I am glad he spit that venom straight to Cersei's bitch face.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Syrio Forel didn't die.

Season 1 - Bronn
Season 4 - Ramsey

I thought it was 4 armored guards, but that's besides the point. I agree, no way he goes down to guys that week. Dude probably made his way to Braavos and is chilling with some naked ladies or whatever he does for fun. I do want to see him again though, just so we can confirm the fact he's the ultimate badass we all know he is.

Morts

I thought it was 4 armored guards, but that's besides the point. I agree, no way he goes down to guys that week. Dude probably made his way to Braavos and is chilling with some naked ladies or whatever he does for fun. I do want to see him again though, just so we can confirm the fact he's the ultimate badass we all know he is.

It would've been amazing to see Syrio in the background of Salador's scene this week with absolutely no fanfare whatsoever.

Not very helpful, brah. I doubt the guy is going to rewatch like 10 hours of video just because you can't type out a quick answer to his question.

I assume you're talking about Varys being faithful to the realm and how everything he does is to better Westeros?

It would've been amazing to see Syrio in the background of Salador's scene this week with absolutely no fanfare whatsoever.

I've heard someone suggest that Syrio could be one of the Faceless Men - perhaps Jaqen H'ghar himself. But if that is true then I hope we never find out. I'd like that to be an ongoing mystery.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
someone of germanGAF any idea why e06 still is not available in SkyGo?
It should long be up but it cant find it..

Tyron's emotional outbreak was out of character and overplayed, IMO. But good episode overall.

You think he's going to calmly watch the love of his life betray him in front of all of his enemies during the fight of his life and then not have an emotional outbreak?

wildfire

Banned
Not very helpful, brah. I doubt the guy is going to rewatch like 10 hours of video just because you can't type out a quick answer to his question.

I assume you're talking about Varys being faithful to the realm and how everything he does is to better Westeros?

But the show is worth rewatching. So many visual cues you would miss on the first watch make this worthwhile. As for your question that was the scene. He specifically states he is looking for a king that is worthy of the seat. He doesn't want the throne for himself but he wants to make sure the right person is in that throne.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That would have been hilarious.

I've heard someone suggest that Syrio could be one of the Faceless Men - perhaps Jaqen H'ghar himself. But if that is true then I hope we never find out. I'd like that to be an ongoing mystery.

No way, they've totally got to tell us if he's alive.

televator

Tyron's emotional outbreak was out of character and overplayed, IMO. But good episode overall.

What?! No way. He's is on trail, being accused of a crime he didn't commit... again, this time by his own familly, his friend threw him under the bus, and the woman he loves stabbed him right in heart. Dude was in a dark place and his outburst perfectly reflected that.

Season 1 - Bronn
Season 4 - Ramsey

well, we also see a supposedly skilled (I gauge that based on his hair braids) Dothraki warrior get clowned by Jorah due to his weapon being ineffective against Jorah's armor.

It goes both ways- but in the end I'm sure we can both agree that kind of combat is won mostly by skill, with a bit of luck thrown in... and naturally stronger defenses don't hurt as long as they don't slow the combatant down too much. :)

Fortunately for The Hound he has four things going for him: thick armor, heavy weapon, skill, and big fucking size. It's easy for him to preach that. He's a tank... and his brother is evidently even more of a tank.

If Oberyn really does go up against The Mountain at some point in this story, speed and skill might not be enough. Based on pure strength if The Mountain gets a heavy gauntlet around Oberyn's neck- it's over. A connecting overhead smash by The Mountain- it's over. Any kind of close combat situations- it's likely over. Even if he has a leg taken out, I have to imagine The Mountain on one knee would still be a daunting fight. You'd have to break his defenses, find a weak spot, exploit it, etc.

I just want to see the Brothers Clegane fight each other again. That's the main event right there. :p

Sepp

Banned
You think he's going to calmly watch the love of his life betray him in front of all of his enemies during the fight of his life and then not have an emotional outbreak?

The Tyron we know from the show is too smart for that. He knows the trial is a farce, he knows everything Shae says in the witness stand is just part of the deal to save his/her life and not betrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom