• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Tywin knows! Even though the scene didn't make it into last season:

http://youtu.be/lMXJlUIQP94

I love the scene but I understand why they cut it, it's a bit too long and is basically a repeat of that earlier scene when he was with that whore pretending as always to be decrepit but once she leaves hops up and starts stretching around. Though I feel they should have replaced that scene with this one.

Just a quick suggestion on the show wiki discussion a bit earlier. If you just google "Game Of Thrones wiki" you'll find the show wiki as well as the Westeros.org one which features spoilers. Sometimes they have feature articles or character spotlights that could reveal spoilers in the google search. A friend of mine just got spoiled by doing that, so I want to give you guys the heads up. I'd just add the show wiki to favorites to avoid google spoiling something.

And of course as mentioned before if you have questions or need insight about stuff, PM me. No spoilers.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope one day we get director's cut episodes with several of these deleted scenes reinstated.

The Pycelle/Tywin scene is very necessary.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I hope one day we get director's cut episodes with several of these deleted scenes reinstated.

The Pycelle/Tywin scene is very necessary.

Yeah, I went 4 seasons thinking no one had caught on to Pycelle's fake ass old man routine. Found out I was wrong.

The Mad King only said to burn the city when Tywin started sacking it, so yes, assholes lol. Robert shouldn't have been a little bitch, and realised that his women was now rolling with a superior man. Dumb idiot's jealousy ruined a good thing.
ibsnNm3oV2akxX.gif

That has to be one of the biggest strawman arguments I have read about anything, anywhere. In fact that entire paragraph gives me the reaction of Oberyn above. Even if for whatever illogical reason you ignore that he was going to kill every single innocent person at King's Landing, he was known as the Mad King.. Look at the nickname, the Mad King. He burned people because he liked to see them burn in a fire, killed hands and lords that he didn't like for the sake of it and had half the country turn on him. This was just from a single scene of someone explaining his horrors, who knows what other crazy shit that mad man did. Also didn't he invite Ned's father and brother and burn them? His sister as well?

Saying Robert was an asshole for taking down an absolutely bat shit crazy King who loves the sight of people burning makes me wonder if
1. I'm conversing with a sociopath, or
2. Sir Friendzone has been accepted on neogaf which makes it the second GoT character to join us.

The Mad King from what we have seen so far seems to be the craziest, and most evil of all them. Maybe Ramsay might be worse or at his level if he had that kind of power. Stannis is basically a Mad King Lite.

I think you and I are looking at this from different points of view. In Dany's mind, non of these Baratheon have a true claim. They are in her mind usurpers who stole her family's throne. You honestly think that if the rebellion never happened, and that if Aerys II Targaryen only had Dany as a child, that the Targaryen throne would have passed to a different house?
She would have married to someone else and they would have become King and Queen. Or stayed and probably got killed in a cheap manner by someone. Olenna makes it abundantly clear that rules in that time allows for men to be rulers and queens supporters.

I'm sure Danny in her mind sees herself as the rightful heir to anything since she has her head so far up her nicely rounded ass, but that doesn't mean she's right about everything. What made her the ruler of Slave's Harbor? What right? If she wants to title, I don't mind her going for it but damn does she have an annoying God complex. Her maid stating 7-8 titles for Danny was absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Then she gets pissed of someone introducing a Lord when she has her maid do the same for her.

She is ruler at the moment because she has power and when you have power, you make your own rules. So regardless of her not being a man, she has Dragons and if she takes over King's Landing, she'll rewrite them as she wishes.

suzu

If you guys want to know more about the history and lore of Westeros and the individual houses, you should check out the blu ray shorts/extras. I believe someone linked to the youtube uploads earlier (just avoid the comments section as usual).

Heshinsi

ibsnNm3oV2akxX.gif

That has to be one of the biggest strawman arguments I have read about anything, anywhere. In fact that entire paragraph gives me the reaction of Oberyn above. Even if for whatever illogical reason you ignore that he was going to kill every single innocent person at King's Landing, he was known as the Mad King.. Look at the nickname, the Mad King. He burned people because he liked to see them burn in a fire, killed hands and lords that he didn't like for the sake of it and had half the country turn on him. This was just from a single scene of someone explaining his horrors, who knows what other crazy shit that mad man did. Also didn't he invite Ned's father and brother and burn them? His sister as well?

Saying Robert was an asshole for taking down an absolutely bat shit crazy King who loves the sight of people burning makes me wonder if
1. I'm conversing with a sociopath, or
2. Sir Friendzone has been accepted on neogaf which makes it the second GoT character to join us.

The Mad King from what we have seen so far seems to be the craziest, and most evil of all them. Maybe Ramsay might be worse or at his level if he had that kind of power. Stannis is basically a Mad King Lite.

She would have married to someone else and they would have become King and Queen. Or stayed and probably got killed in a cheap manner by someone. Olenna makes it abundantly clear that rules in that time allows for men to be rulers and queens supporters.

I'm sure Danny in her mind sees herself as the rightful heir to anything since she has her head so far up her nicely rounded ass, but that doesn't mean she's right about everything. What made her the ruler of Slave's Harbor? What right? If she wants to title, I don't mind her going for it but damn does she have an annoying God complex. Her maid stating 7-8 titles for Danny was absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Then she gets pissed of someone introducing a Lord when she has her maid do the same for her.

She is ruler at the moment because she has power and when you have power, you make your own rules. So regardless of her not being a man, she has Dragons and if she takes over King's Landing, she'll rewrite them as she wishes.

My mad king defence was tongue in cheek. I'm not that insane to support some crazed dude who took joy in killing people. Being a part of Team Targ means that I have to do some mental back flips to stay on the cause. Just like Team Jamie and how some of them suffer from black outs when faced with Jamie's illustrious douche bag hit wonders.

Oh and, you're on point with Stannis being a bottled up little shit head. Doesn't even flinch when he puts his brother in law to the flames. Scares me how Stannis fan boys can support this guy at all. Taking about Stannis the rightful heir. Y'all Stannis groupies need to check yourselves.

Dany was pissed at that dude because of what he represented, not because of his titles. She's also far from being a character with a God complex. First of all, those titles are ones she has to use by custom if she's vying for the Iron Throne. Joffrey and now Tommen have used them, Lord Davos used them to announce Stannis, so why does she have a God complex when she uses it?

My mad king defence was tongue in cheek. I'm not that insane to support some crazed dude who took joy in killing people. Being a part of Team Targ means that I have to do some mental back flips to stay on the cause. Just like Team Jamie and how some of them suffer from black outs when faced with Jamie's illustrious douche bag hit wonders.

Oh and, you're on point with Stannis being a bottled up little shit head. Doesn't even flinch when he puts his brother in law to the flames. Scares me how Stannis fan boys can support this guy at all. Taking about Stannis the rightful heir. Y'all Stannis groupies need to check yourselves.

Dany was pissed at that dude because of what he represented, not because of his titles. She's also far from being a character with a God complex. First of all, those titles are ones she has to use by custom if she's vying for the Iron Throne. Joffrey and now Tommen have used them, Lord Davos used them to announce Stannis, so why does she have a God complex when she uses it?
Allright Lord Friendzone, whatever you say...

Vice

Dany ruined the lives of two cities worth of people for no reason due to her god complex.

But when I bring up Elizabeth I ruling as sole ruler in her own name, people stated that the two comparisons were not similar. To be fair I also did mention Queens Victoria and Elizabeth II. But Elizabeth I ruled in what was still at the time Medieval England, pretty similar to Westeros at that time. And Elisabeth neither married nor had any children, and if I'm not mistaken, there were a few male relatives around on her father's side. So if our own history can be used as precedent, while I'm using Elisabeth the First as my precedent as to why Dany can be Queen.

Oh and I just remembered, Mary, Elisabeth's older sister, ruled as queen too. And there was Mary Queen of Scots kicking around at that time as well. An age of Queens eh? lol

Elizabeth ruled over the Tudor/Elizabethan age, not medieval. It was an age of guns, cannons, the new world...

Besides, there's also Matilda during the English anarchy. That could be a better comparison.

demolitio

If you guys want to know more about the history and lore of Westeros and the individual houses, you should check out the blu ray shorts/extras. I believe someone linked to the youtube uploads earlier (just avoid the comments section as usual).

Also, the iOS game based on the show only (HBO is involved I believe) is really good for more back-story without spoiling anything else. I just got some of the answers I wanted involving the religions involved thanks to some back-story but obviously didn't want to post it since it's not directly from the show. It's kind of cool getting a different perspective as the events unfold and going along for the ride.

A lot of the back-stories help you understand certain events more.

What's with all the Stannis hate? :D
He's your true King!

Seriously though, I don't see where it's coming from, he's the only one that's actually interested in helping the Night's Watch against the White Walkers. He would make a much better king than anyone else right now.

Vashetti

Banned
I honestly think Stannis just 'accepts' Melisandre because she is a means to an end.

You can see his uncomfortableness about the whole situation when his wife wants to beat their daughter.

Philippo

I'm wondering who's gonna fight for poor Tyrion?
Jaime seems out, Tywin wouldn't allow him to go suicide mode, and Bronn must have disappeared. (i have a feeling he betrayed him and brought back Shae).
Oberyn maybe? If so, the guy deserves a crown as the most unpredictable of the cast.

Heshinsi

Elizabeth ruled over the Tudor/Elizabethan age, not medieval. It was an age of guns, cannons, the new world...

Besides, there's also Matilda during the English anarchy. That could be a better comparison.
My mistake, and thank you for pointing that out to me. I keep mixing her reign in terms of time with that of Richard the Lion Heart.
Allright Lord Friendzone, whatever you say...
Dude, not even. I also like Dorne and the Starks, so don't start on that Jorah nonsense lol
Dany ruined the lives of two cities worth of people for no reason due to her god complex.

Doc-Rivers.gif

No reason? Non you could think of?
I'm wondering who's gonna fight for poor Tyrion?
Jaime seems out, Tywin wouldn't allow him to go suicide mode, and Bronn must have disappeared. (i have a feeling he betrayed him and brought back Shae).
Oberyn maybe? If so, the guy deserves a crown as the most unpredictable of the cast.
Has Dorne ever been interested in the Game of Thrones? Until this season, I don't recall seeing a single Dornishmen or dignitary any where else in Westeros. They're wasn't even a person there in King's Landing for Jof's coronation.

Philippo

Has Dorne ever been interested in the Game of Thrones? Until this season, I don't recall seeing a single Dornishmen or dignitary any where else in Westeros. They're wasn't even a person there in King's Landing for Jof's coronation.

I said a crown, not THE crown (if that's what you were talking about) lol.
I mean, as of now he's the one you don't know what's going to do next, and hasn't take side with anyone yet.

Nameless

Did you catch the symbolism with Tywin and the fish, and Robb and Cat about to be killed at the Red Wedding?

Didn't make the connection when I first saw this but it makes sense, especially given it was a Tully wedding. I guess we have seen Tywin symbolically dominate all the houses he's defeated.

If we see him plucking roses the Tyrells are fucked.

RELIGHT

Banned
It's interesting to think that someone would fight for Tyrion. When I first saw it I thought he'd be fighting himself but obviously that'd be stupid lol. I'm really worried that Jaime will step up for him now and get killed. But there's no way they'd kill Jaime and in turn Tyrion right? So damned crazy! Can't wait for the next ep.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Interesting. So he's not as feeble an old man as he looks.

I wonder, is this canon? It's deleted, but still...

Shame they cut it. It's a pretty good scene. Which episode was this supposed to be in?

As I said before, and as someone else just brought up, you can see the reason it was cut is because it's a repeat of another scene earlier in the season where Pycelle was acting all decrepit and forgetful with a whore yet as soon as she left was up and about stretching and walking around. He basically conveys all the same information to the whore, that he's served as Maester for a long time under several different kings each different in their needs and yet remains.

EDIT:

Found it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJTYqLtRms

jayu26

As I said before, and as someone else just brought up, you can see the reason it was cut is because it's a repeat of another scene earlier in the season where Pycelle was acting all decrepit and forgetful with a whore yet as soon as she left was up and about stretching and walking around. He basically conveys all the same information to the whore, that he's served as Maester for a long time under several different kings each different in their needs and yet remains.

EDIT:

Found it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJTYqLtRms

Lol, they kept the boob scene but not the one that is more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom