• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Tyrion's monologue at the end was fucking epic. I always loved Peter Dinklage in GoT, but he went above and beyond for that scene. You could see him crumbling as Shae stood there and lied, the love of his life and she's out for his blood. And that point where he breaks, man, so much awesome.

Can't wait till the next episode, I wonder whether Jaime or Bronn will be Tyrion's champion and who will fight on Joffrey's behalf. My first guess was Bronn for Tyrion and Jaime for the court, but that would be too obvious.

kingkitty

Good! Peter Dinklage is kind of a dick in real life.

wnqNR4R.gif

Loakum

Banned
Really?

Tell me more.

He was rolling his eyes at fans (including me) at San Diego Comic Con. I made the mistake in saying, "I hope you win the emmy this year." and he frowned and rolled his eyes at me. It did kind of hurt my feelings. The rest of season 1 cast was super nice and friendly. I had a full conversation with Emilia Clarke. She's a real down to earth sweet person. I was the last person in line, and was shown on their youtube video, geeking out talking to her on their old Game of Thrones sizzle reel from "The Buzz" :)

here are the blurry pics I took with my old blackberry 9700 cell phone:

wq06aEBl.jpg

I2Js8q0.jpg

cWEjuFs.jpg

Ovid

Sam, however, has the most plot armor ever luck of the gods.
He does. Here's a few of his godly achievements:

- He was literally in the middle of the advancing WW army.

- He encountered and killed a wight.

- He survived a mutiny without know knowing how to properly wield a sword.

- He spoke and gave something to Craster's daughter

This guy is unstoppable.

kvn

He was rolling his eyes at fans (including me) at San Diego Comic Con. I made the mistake in saying, "I hope you win the emmy this year." and he frowned and rolled his eyes at me. It did kind of hurt my feelings. The rest of season 1 cast was super nice and friendly. I had a full conversation with Emilia Clarke. She's a real down to earth sweet person. I was the last person in line, and was shown on their youtube video, geeking out talking to her on their old Game of Thrones sizzle reel from "The Buzz" :)

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wq06aEBl.jpg[/IMG]
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I2Js8q0.jpg[/IMG]
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cWEjuFs.jpg[/IMG]

Ahahahaha, pure gold.

Alpende

- He encountered and killed a wight.

This guy is unstoppable.

Send him to stop all the Wildlings and White Walkers. He'll find a way to stop them.

I really don't understand the hate for Kit around GAF. :( Always liked the dude. I like Jon Snow a lot..he's probably my favorite character. Today was the first time I met someone who agreed with me actually. haha
I don't hate him, I like him as a character. I just think he should do a bit better job is all. I think the issue is that the large cast is the best out there in terms of acting, that the ones that aren't amazing stand out. I like Jon Snow though. :)

Does Dinklage think the Emmys are bullshit or something? I mean, that's true, but I was wondering if he'd spoken out against it in the past or something.

aravuus

A human being can only hear the same thing said to them so many times before it makes them roll their eyes.

Yep

If he had called you a cunt or completely ignored you or something like that, I could understand the dick comment

But it sounds like he's just tired of hearing the same stuff

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

- He encountered and killed a wight Whitewalker.

This guy is unstoppable.

Fixed.

The wights are the zombie things, the reanimated dead that the White Walkers raise. He killed a full on White Walker.

MjFrancis

It is absolutely Dany. She's the only important character in her area of the world, and if she dies that would be 4+ seasons of material made utterly pointless. She would've had no impact on anything in Westeros.
This fact has been taking a bit of the oomph out of her plotline of late, too. I revel in the fact that these characters can kick the bucket at any time, but of all of them, Dany seems utterly immortal until she makes her way to Westeros or otherwise meaningfully interacts with another main character.

Massa

Maybe he heard you say the same to Emilia Clarke and when you said it to him he thought "what the fuck does this guy know about acting?"

:p

Cipherr

Maybe he just doesn't like getting his ass kissed. Some people find flattery from people who aren't peers or employers to be disingenuous.

Possibly. He in particular though is going to struggle with that dislike considering how amazing he is on the show. He isn't going to stop hearing it any time soon unless he starts phoning it in.

He probably just wants his job to be his job, rather than something he gets showered with praise for. He's probably the most respected person with dwarfism worldwide, so he's probably got a lot of ideas about how he'd like to viewed with respect to his profession - someone who worked his ass off to get where he is today, rather than someone born with amazing talent. If he can get everyone believing the former, it reflects fantastically on others with dwarfism - a group who no doubt face a lot of prejudice and obstacles when finding any work, let alone acting. It makes Dinklage part of a group of people that can do just as magnificently as he has in their line of work, rather than Dinklage being "special" and not the norm.

Ovid

I don't know about the rest of you but "A very GOOD actor" sounds sort of condescending to me, like the guy thinks the dwarf has low self-esteem and needs to be reminded of how talented he is. I can understand the eye-roll if that's how it came across.
I don't see how that's condescending. It's a complement.

painey

stick the combat to easy mode and enjoy the actual game (even on easy the combat has strange difficulty spikes). some of the animation (the dog) and the voice acting is awful, but it has opposite moments where the game looks jaw dropping and the va is perfect. It's well worth it and has a ton of lore and game hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom