• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
White Man to Relationship-GAF

d-rooooooooop.gif

Needs to be turned into a BANNED.GIF

BTM

Fuck all of your opinions. Season 4 is the best season in Game of Thrones and it's not even done yet.

I'm in this boat as well.

Also, didn't Oberyn visit same place where the Unsullied are trained for 5 years or so? It seems like his fighting style is reminiscent of how they fight and probably something the Mountain doesn't have experience. Should make for an interesting encounter.

This is a strange situation for Tywin. If Oberyn loses, the crown loses support of Dorne. If the Mountain loses, Tyrion goes scot free.

Sounds like whatever happens, Tywin wouldn't come out very happy about it. Perhaps, that's exactly what Tyrion wanted after all the shit he's gotten from his "family".

televator

Dat red woman. Hnnnnnng.

Welp, now Baelish has Sansa all to himself. Ayayay, Sansa.

I wonder if Briene took the wrong way toward Sansa at the fork in the road... it wasn't clear in the scene but you get the feeling it important.

Also, I said before that this wasn't the kind of show where we'd suddenly see a more vulnerable side to the Hound in his interactions with Arya. Well looks like I have to eat... err... crow.

potam

Banned
This is a strange situation for Tywin. If Oberyn loses, the crown loses support of Dorne. If the Mountain loses, Tyrion goes scot free.

Sounds like whatever happens, Tywin wouldn't come out very happy about it. Perhaps, that's exactly what Tyrion wanted after all the shit he's gotten from his "family".

Are you sure they would lose Dorne's support? Couldn't Tywin just be like, "Yo guys, this dude volunteered himself."

C4Lukins

Yeah, I caught that. But even still, Tywin knows what's going on here. He should have been able to stop her from choosing the Mountain. Why would he let that happen when it's not on his terms? If Oberyn beats the mountain, all of Tywin's plans go to shit.

Tywin implied that he would be willing to bring the Mountain to Oberyn earlier in the season. If Oberyn defeats the Mountain, that could actually help Tywin seal up an alliance with Dorne. With Tywin's original plan failing, the best outcome for him would probably be Oberyn winning. The Mountain winning would only kill Tyrion, and weaken relationships further with Dorne. I guess you could argue Oberyn dying could be beneficial for Tywin as the removal of a potential threat, but everything seems win win when it comes to Tywin.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Do the judges have the ability to veto a champion? I'm not saying it won't, but I just don't see how this comes back to bite Tywin in the ass.

Well, I doubt many kingdoms would see too kindly on a person of great importance dying thanks to a sham of a trial.

Gobias

Banned
Yeah I don't think Tywin would want to rig it in favor of the Mountain. It seems like everything would be in his best interest if Tyrion wins. Jamie doesn't get pissy and Dorne is happy.

Tywin implied that he would be willing to bring the Mountain to Oberyn earlier in the season. If Oberyn defeats the Mountain, that could actually help Tywin seal up an alliance with Dorne. With Tywin's original plan failing, the best outcome for him would probably be Oberyn winning. The Mountain winning would only kill Tyrion, and weaken relationships further with Dorne. I guess you could argue Oberyn dying could be beneficial for Tywin as the removal of a potential threat, but everything seems win win when it comes to Tywin.
I don't see how Oberyn winning is a win at all for Tywin. Oberyn wants him dead, which was clarified again this episode. On top of that, he's going to have a son that maybe not kill him, but surely make Tywin suffer big time. Oberyn is also part of the small council, right next to him to play his cards if necessary.

The way I look at it after Tyrion pissed Tywin's plans last episode, either result is bad for him.

Viper vs The Mountain has to be at least longer than 6 minutes.

I don't want it to be like another The Hound vs Beric Dondarrion, which was like 3 minutes fight.

I checked the tv show wiki. Something about Oberyn and poisons in season 4, episode 3. Apparently Tywin brings it up while talking shit to Oberyn in an accusatory manner. Dude isn't trolling, he just had a better memory than some of us. Or that episode summary is full of crap.

edit: I see I was too slow ot be useful and someone already found it on youtube.

Pathos

Banned
Just watched the episode, that ending tho lol
I fucking hated her and her son, just pissed me off. I seriously cannot wait for the Oberyn vs. The Mountain fight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dat red woman. Hnnnnnng.

Welp, now Baelish has Sansa all to himself. Ayayay, Sansa.

I wonder if Briene took the wrong way toward Sansa at the fork in the road... it wasn't clear in the scene but you get the feeling it important.

Also, I said before that this wasn't the kind of show where we'd suddenly see a more vulnerable side to the Hound in his interactions with Arya. Well looks like I have to eat... err... crow.

I want to say they went the wrong way, if only because of how the scene was framed.

Steez

Just a quick warning:

Do not visit the GoT subreddit. Somebody hacked the page and it automatically links you to a splash screen with some heavy spoilers.

demolitio

That sounds like some book shit. Mods alerted.

Thanks for the laugh since Vire once accused me of the same thing (although it was settled later). I just find this funny for the irony since he just pointed something out clearly stated in the show. :D

I just hope you were joking. Too many jumpy people here sometimes.

Anyway, I think I know who wins based on a simple mistake by the show but don't want to say.

Viper vs The Mountain has to be at least longer than 6 minutes.

I don't want it to be like another The Hound vs Beric Dondarrion, which was like 3 minutes fight.

I just want some good fight choreography for this one. It's really hard to make a sword duel look believable and with how well everything else is done in this show, they have some high standards to meet.

The problem is I want the fight to be decent but don't want it to take up too much because I'm selfish and realize this season is close to ending with a lot of plots still needing to advance in some sort of meaningful way. I mean, Stannis obviously won't be invading while this trial is going on so that means I have to wait even longer for the inevitable invasion and coronation and it's driving me crazy. I want to see if Stannis is going to be the type of king he would have been before he met Melisandre or if he'll be a zealot making things worse because of her. That and we know he's one of the few to worry about the White Walkers meaning we won't see some major action with them until he's king in my opinion. I'm hoping the end of this season has those crazy bastards starting to invade at least.

woolley

Anyway, I think I know who wins based on a simple mistake by the show but don't want to say.

What was that? Coming out after the books? Books that which you read and now know all there is to know in the Game of the Thrones? And thus know the events that will unfold in the coming episodes?

Hm? Hmm? Hmmm?

demolitio

What was that? Coming out after the books? Books that which you read and now know all there is to know in the Game of the Thrones? And thus know the events that will unfold in the coming episodes?

Hm? Hmm? Hmmm?

LMAO.

I think I mentioned it here before and while it doesn't guarantee it will go down this way necessarily, I think it's a good indication.

It has everything to do with the show though, just not necessarily in the actual story. :D

Honestly, I tell myself after every season that I should read the books, but I get too invested into the show and don't want to change that as the show gives you a lot of foreshadowing to read into and hints that make it more fun to speculate after each episode.

I want to say they went the wrong way, if only because of how the scene was framed.

I think that scene's meaning was that they were traveling northward from the inn, but ended up choosing the easternmost path when Pod suggested that Sansa could have been gone to her aunt Lysa, which is in the Vale of Arryn, which is East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom