• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

Oh god this is what I am wondering. But it would be fucking dumb to have a brute like The Mountain kill Oberyn.

I imagine something more sinister.... sabotage upon learning of tyrions champion.

Cersei and Tywin teaming up to eliminate Oberyn.

Biggest twist of fate, Jamie steps up as new champion after discovering this.

And then killed by Mountain.

Leaving Tyrion as Tywins only living son and bearer of his name.

PLOT THICKENS

(Cersei screams as she blames her mother, Joffery and now Jamies death on Tyrion)

-or none of that happens.

The show has been building Oberyn as an important character. There's no way he's dying just yet. He has to last for at least two or three seasons.

Gobias

Banned
I can get over Ned dying and I can get over Robb dying, but they better not kill off both Oberyn and Tyrion with like 5 minutes between the two. I will be crushed.

Also yeah I hope we see the shape shifter again sometime.

fallagin

Did you see The Mountain's armor? Even if Oberyn sacrifices his own life, he'll be lucky if he can land a killing blow. His fate's all but written.

If he does die though, then this also creates problems for kings landing. So its pretty much a win/win.

Derwind

I can get over Ned dying and I can get over Robb dying, but they better not kill off both Oberyn and Tyrion with like 5 minutes between the two. I will be crushed.

Also yeah I hope we see the shape shifter again sometime.

Tyrion must live to fulfill the twist of fate that makes him the only living heir to the Lannister name(well aside from the inbreds).

EDIT: The only way dwarves will be the secret to dragonslaying is if it turns out that dragons have a dwarf-allergy, and our first inevitable dead lizard comes from one of them exploding after eating Tyrion.

Then again, Tyrion would totally take a knee to Dany the Conqueror if she promised to roast Tywin and Cersei slowly enough.

SECOND EDIT: I just realized that I feel like Tyrion has plot armor here. I'm taking it for granted that he somehow lives....wonder if it's denial.

whatever happened to that shape shifter dude who stealth killed those 3 people? he should make a comeback

And what if he already has?

I'm kind of expecting this to happen eventually. I just wonder whether it'll be a quick reveal along the lines of "Arya meets a suspicious dude and finds out it's her old 'friend' a couple scenes later" or more of a long con.

I guess he could have also just been a plot device to save arya's butt, but I expect stuff more complicated than that from game of thrones. Even if it isn't the same faceless man doing it, there's gotta be a future appearance of some faceless man later.

Braavos is on Essos, same as Slaver's Bay, right? Maybe if Dany takes too long to get to Westeros, the plot will wind up coming to her instead. That'll give stuff like the faceless men more time to mess with us.

Would have been funny to see Jaime as Tyrion's champion. That'd really force Tywin's hand. Force Cersei to throw him a softball and get Tyrion off scot-free.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What if Tyrion (dwarfs) are like the secret to beating dragons? How awesome would that twist be!

What, like they give the dragons indigestion?

In all seriousness though, he's probably the one guy on the show who could come up with a plan to beat a dragon. Him and Bronn could probably take a dragon with some prep-time, Tywin getting rid of them both is very short sighted.

friendzonedsohardy5unp.gif

What, like they give the dragons indigestion?

In all seriousness though, he's probably the one guy on the show who could come up with a plan to beat a dragon. Him and Bronn could probably take a dragon with some prep-time, Tywin getting rid of them both is very short sighted.

I'm trying to come up with scenarios where he doesn't die. Work with me bro!

Gobias

Banned
And what if he already has?

I'm kind of expecting this to happen eventually. I just wonder whether it'll be a quick reveal along the lines of "Arya meets a suspicious dude and finds out it's her old 'friend' a couple scenes later" or more of a long con.

I guess he could have also just been a plot device to save arya's butt, but I expect stuff more complicated than that from game of thrones.

Hot Pie is the shape shifter comfirmed

For those wondering about the Oberyn Vs. Mountain fight...and speculating.

Without saying anything, I just wanna say....there's an official preview of the next episode. Also, I believe the next episode is in two weeks, due to memorial day. I'm sure that's been covered...but in case nobody's reading further back.

How do you people think Oberyn is going to win this fight? What can he do, seduce The Mountain mid-duel? The guy's fucked.
You dare question Oberyn the boss? As someone said, he will kill the Mountain, and then he will be having sex with 5 others in the brothel an hour past that.

A huge WTF moment with Sansa and Littlefinger. I hope she doesn't fancy him, I am warming up to Tyrion and Sansa together. #Sanrion #ole

Demon Ice

Banned
He's not a terrible guy and really doesn't deserve to be tortured like this.

He didn't wanted to kill Bran and Rickon so he used two innocent boys instead. .

Er, no. He couldn't find Bran and Rickon so he killed two kids and had the bodies burnt beyond recognition.

Also, you just said "He's not a terrible guy, he just killed two innocent kids!"

This blows my mind a little bit.

Damn are they setting up a scenario where Arya has to put down The Hound after an epic fight with Lannister soldiers? The eventual scene is going to be heartbreaking. I bet The Hound makes her keep her promise of killing The Mountain. Damnit! I should've have put these thoughts in my head, but there is no happiness in GoT...

He's not a terrible guy and really doesn't deserve to be tortured like this.

He didn't wanted to kill Bran and Rickon so he used two innocent boys instead. He wanted to lock Sir Rodrick in a dungeon but was goaded to have him pay the iron price instead. He liked the Stark's and he was best friends with Robb.

He's a very conflicted character.

I get his conflict. I agree that he's probably suffered a bit much at this point. That he deserves death is beyond question - a painful death at that, preferably the same kind of death he afforded those two farmer kids - but I don't really get any enjoyment out of his torment anymore. Theon's dead. There's only Reek now.

What an amazing episode.

I sense drama when the Red lady tries to burn Stanis's daughter as a sacrifice. He never seemed to really believe in that religion but goes a long with it because of desperation but no way will he let them burn his lil girl.

Sansa looked like an Ice Queen. A bit evil. She's gonna lie for him and turn power hungry or something.

How do you people think Oberyn is going to win this fight? What can he do, seduce The Mountain mid-duel? The guy's fucked.

Well even that other dude spelled out how he would take down The Mountain if they fought, but as he said, make a mistake and you are done for.

Oberyn doesn't seem like the type to make mistakes. The Mountain is big, but he is slower and not really skilled. He is just bigger then everyone else. How many true master swordsman has he really faced in open combat? I mean he jousted against that one knight and lost in season one and pitched a fit like a bitch.

The Mountain is toast. Oberyn has been wanting this almost his whole life. Oberyn is going to cut him down one limb at a time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom