• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why is there a 2 week break now?
There's a 1 week break because it's a holiday weekend in the US next week. The first two seasons (S1E7 - "You Win or You Die" and S2E9 - "Blackwater") they didn't take the break and they saw a ratings dip so they started taking a one week break with S3.

Sober

I think that scene's meaning was that they were traveling northward from the inn, but ended up choosing the easternmost path when Pod suggested that Sansa could have been gone to her aunt Lysa, which is in the Vale of Arryn, which is East.
Yeah I didn't get the feeling they were going some other 'wrong' way. They were just walking, Pod tells Brienne the best way to go, but is really not sure either, but they will be going anyway.

Nerokis

Goddamn. I loved this episode. The Oberyn and Tyrion scene was so amazingly good. Robin showed that, as imbalanced as he is, he can still be charming. Littlefinger reminded everyone he's simply a boy in love, and not necessarily all bad, even as his capacity for cruelty continues to amaze. Sansa has steadily grown on me, and she and Littlefinger make a surprisingly compelling duo. The Hound and Arya continue to be great, and finally, I was pretty happy to see Dany very convincingly get out of "Mother of Dragons" mode for awhile. One low note: so far, Brienne + Jaime and Tyrion + Podrick >>> Brienne + Podrick.

Am I the only one conflicted on the whole Oberyn vs. The Mountain thing? On one hand, I want Oberyn to win. I want Oberyn to get his revenge, I want Tyrion to live, it would be absolutely tragic to see both/either die, and The Mountain deserves to die as much as anyone. On the other, I almost feel it would be out of character for the good guys to win yet again. There's all this build up for the Craster's Keep mission, with Locke as the ticking time bomb waiting to explode...only for Locke to be unceremoniously ripped apart, and everything to go completely smoothly. Joffrey is poisoned. Dany is at the peak of her power. In general, things are going pretty well for the good guys, no?

Now that so much has been invested into this trial, it's hard to imagine the good guys simply triumphing again without any catch. Fuck, Oberyn and The Mountain are going to kill each other, aren't they? Oberyn isn't going to survive this season. I almost feel he can't. I almost want the tragedy, because this show has conditioned me to want it. In a way, it's a necessity for the storytelling that Tyrion either dies or gets out of this in a very, very bittersweet way that makes the audience happy to see him figuratively spit in Cersei and Tywin's faces. Or, on the other hand, Oberyn takes everyone by surprise and shows us how much we'll miss Cersei and Tywin when they're gone by somehow going above and beyond and killing them all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think that scene's meaning was that they were traveling northward from the inn, but ended up choosing the easternmost path when Pod suggested that Sansa could have been gone to her aunt Lysa, which is in the Vale of Arryn, which is East.

I dunno, that last shot from the path they didn't take made it feel like they were heading away from something and not towards it. Like they were heading away from the rest of the story, towards a place with no cameras. If that makes any sense.

Plus it looked like they were going North, it didn't really look like their path had changed.

Melisandra damn. DAMN.

friendzonedsohardy5unp.gif

bwahahha. So good.

And oh boy at that Kaz gif. I can already see someone posting that during E3 and getting banned for spoiler GoT. lol

demolitio

Guys, guys, I don't think Sansa was quite into that.

Definitely not although you can see her growing up quite a bit. Honestly, she has no choice but to act like she likes that stuff for now because she surely knows what LF is capable of and her only real saving grace is who her mother used to be and how important she is for LF's ambitions, but still, not a guy I'd want to piss off.

Definitely not although you can see her growing up quite a bit. Honestly, she has no choice but to act like she likes that stuff for now because she surely knows what LF is capable of and her only real saving grace is who her mother used to be and how important she is for LF's ambitions, but still, not a guy I'd want to piss off.

If she plays it well soon LF will be the one breastfeeding Robin while deluded over his one-sided romance.

Nibel

So, one question: how old are Jaimie/Cersei/Tyrion? I never thought that Tyrion is that much younger than the other two

Oberyn, a fucking guardian angel.

Comes out of nowhere and is going to deliver justice for an off-hand remark your mother made about you when you were all children.

Oh, and for someone raping and killing his sister.

kmax

Didn't have as much time as I would have liked to spend on it, couldn't think of anything funny to add so just left it as is.

kazgot1if1s.gif

E3 is coming

This was one of the better episodes this season. Lord Baelish is a cunning character, but he was telling Sansa the truth, much like he professed his love to Catelyn a couple of season's back. Littlefinger dislikes anyone that messes with Catelyn Stark in any way, and he's not afraid to strike down anyone that continues to do so, not even the king or her deranged sister. He's simply one bad ass motherfucker.

The bounding between The Hound and Arya was profound this episode. To see The Hound open up about his past while Arya tended to his wounds was a nice touch. Arya has matured and is now starting to develop capabilities to defend herself against incoming threats. She's going to be very lethal when she grows older, if she continues down this path.

Lastly, I think there were some who anticipated that Oberyn would step up and become the Champion for Tyrion versus The Mountain. Oberyn pretty much hates every single Lannister, and his sole purpose for his visit is to come and exact revenge after what befell his sister. Now, he has the perfect opportunity to kill the man that raped and brutally murdered his sister, and shame the royal family. Admittedly, I have to say that it's going to be tough for Oberyn to defeat The Mountain. He's a beast of a man that has no remorse nor fear. He's unaware of who he's fighting, and he probably couldn't care less. Oberyn however, knows exactly who his opponent is, and is going to be prepared for an epic battle. But as he said in the episode, he's not stopping there:

I want to bring those who have wronged me to justice, and all those who have wronged me are right here. I will begin with Sir Gregory Clegane, who killed my sister's children, and raped her with their blood still on his hands, before killing her too.
Prepare Lannisters, The Viper is coming.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So, one question: how old are Jaimie/Cersei/Tyrion? I never thought that Tyrion is that much younger than the other two
Tywin and Joffrey both said (S4E1) that Jaime (and Cersei by extension) is 40. Tyrion would be about 36 according to Cersei saying (during S2E9) her mother died giving birth to Tyrion when she was 4 years old.

DSix

Banned
Tywin and Joffrey both said (S4E1) that Jaime (and Cersei by extension) is 40. Tyrion would be about 36 according to Cersei saying (during S2E9) her mother died giving birth to Tyrion when she was 4 years old.

Oberyn didn't strike me as older than Tyrion. I was surprised by that.

Oh man. Oberyn is gonna fuck shit up. CANNOT WAIT! :D

That scene with him and Tyrion was fantastic. Ditto for the scene between the Hound and Arya. This was probably the best episode of the season.

Also I wonder if Peter was genuinely creeping on Sansa or was that just a setup to set off her crazy aunt.

Oh and Dany in that dress with just enough of her belly showing. Gatdamn!

Would not mind seeing one of the starks turn a little... darker. And she'd be the one to do it. See's seen some serious shit.

Arya is turning into a proper fighter and I think Sansa needs to be darker, she has been constantly fucked over since going to Kings Landing and she needs to be a bit more assertive.

The way she gave that little smirk to Baelish then he went for it, pretty sure she'll come around at some point to him.

Not upset her Aunt died, it will be very interesting when Arya turns up in the Vale, will Baelish even pay him for her? Haha, perhaps he will start building an army.

Great episode though, 2 weeks :'( I can't wait that long...

Oberyn is a total badass though, great scene and makes a lot of sense. No idea where Tyrion is going after he is done though. To Dorne? I doubt it though. Perhaps he will seek out his wife lolololol

Jake.

aha, i KNEW cersei would pick the mountain.

who is/was the mountain and the hound's father and what is their link to the lannisters?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
As soon as Sansa entered the room at the end I had a feeling Lysa was gonna be flying. Now if they could just off that little shister of hers too that'd be great. Sansa and Petyr can be the rulers of the Eyrie for all I care.

Arya was being badass again, loved it. Her connecting with the Hound again was great.

Oberyn + Tyrion scene was excellent, can't wait for that fight.

Also, HOT PIE!

TasTokyo

Oberyn is the best. I think he might be my new favourite character. Now 2 weeks of agony while waiting to see what happens. The story he told Tyrion about his birth was really kind of sweet though. The people in Dorne do seem far more culturally advanced. Has it ever been mentioned how Oberyn feels about Tyrion? I mean he is a Lannister.

Also Bronn has been my long time favourite character (Now conflicted if I like Oberyn more). I was kind of worried that if he sold out Tyrion that I wouldn't like him as much. But honestly his explanation was really good and he seemed actually upset to have to do it. It was nice he admitted to being a friend as well. I think for him he probably just realised that he couldn't take the mountain on in a fight.

Lyonaz

Oberyn and Tyrion scene was amazing.
Oberyn is awesome, I love that guy, hope he gets to cleave that Mountain.
Sansa's bitch slap was glorious.

V_Ben

Banned
Dinklage's performances are always great, but man, the guy who played Oberyn really nailed it. That scene was wonderful.

To quote Tywin himself "only the Dornish managed to resist the Aegon Targaryen and his dragons". You'd imagine Dorne prides itself on brilliant warriors, so why wouldn't the Prince, who isn't the heir, learn how to fight? Cersei called him a "Legendary fighter" too, so dude obviously has a reputation.

Considering Tywin is aware how intelligent Oberyn is (from their talks), I'd imagine he's smart enough to not get into a duel he knows he can't win. What good is an attempt at revenge if it's got no chance of being successful?

Worst comes to worst he'll have something sneaky planned, but either way I'd back him to do it tbh.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I really liked Sansa little moment when she saw the snow, also I am total team Oberyn.

TasTokyo

Why was this ep called 'Mockingbird'?

I don't know if it's a mockingbird but the other episode Peter gave Robin a glass bird and it went out the moon door. I'm guessing it was a mockingbird.

Edit: just checked the OT and apparently it's Petyr not Peter lol.

Linius

Did anyone catch a single word from what Melisandre said this episode? I had some trouble following the conversation.

Also Hot Pie yeuh

Klyka

Banned
I think the funniest revelation in this episode was that even as a four year old kid Cersei couldn't keep her fingers off of her brother's dick

I had a feeling it wasn't the same guy.

It has actually been recast twice from what I read:

– Conan Stevens in Season 1
– Ian Whyte in S2
– No appearance in S3
– Hafþór Björnsson now.

I think the funniest revelation in this episode was that even as a four year old kid Cersei couldn't keep her fingers off of her brother's dick

Only the dick she squeezed then wasn't Jaime's, t'was Tyrion's :p

SeanR1221

It has actually been recast twice from what I read:

– Conan Stevens in Season 1
– Ian Whyte in S2
– No appearance in S3
– Hafþór Björnsson now.

Only the dick she squeezed then wasn't Jaime's, t'was Tyrion's :p

A lot of my friends missed the mountain in season 2. He looked waaaaaay too different.

Almost like how a lot of us thought Danys boy toy was a new character at first.

Linius

The current mountain really is a beast. They should just keep this one around and stop changing it every season. Just like we had a million different Bobby's on Mad Men and we're on the second Daario in this show.

A lot of my friends missed the mountain in season 2. He looked waaaaaay too different.

Almost like how a lot of us thought Danys boy toy was a new character at first.

Yeeeaaah, I can't seem to like Michiel Huisman in the role of Daario… Although I did like him elsewhere, in Treme for example.

Ovid

Yeeeaaah, I can't seem to like Michiel Huisman in the role of Daario… Although I did like him elsewhere, in Treme for example.
The first Dario was a pretty boy you loved to hate. He was better. You didn't know whether to trust him or not.

The new one looks way to trustworthy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom