• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more reminder for book readers to please use the other thread. Thank you.

Also, episode preivews are spoilers? How exactly? They are made by the same people, play after the episode airs. How is that not fair game?
This is standard TV-GAF policy. Any preview discussion should be under spoiler tags. Many people don't watch them.
And oh boy at that Kaz gif. I can already see someone posting that during E3 and getting banned for spoiler GoT. lol
Yes, someone will probably post it and they'll likely get banned for it.

Nameless

To me it seemed while the kiss caught Sansa off guard, she rolled with it. She didn't grimace or pull back, she closed her eyes and went for it. Out of context it looks just like a normal first kiss between two people with mutual feelings for each other.

GOT11-1.gif

It will be much more interesting if Sansa falls for Baelish and agrees to marry him willingly, as opposed to her being forced into it and slinking back into to that listless hostage role.

At first I thought killing Lysa like that was an odd move since Robin retains claim to the Vale, but maybe that's how Littlefinger wants it. Tywin has proven time and again that influence can be every bit as effective as direct ownership. Like Tommen, Robin is little more as a figure head. Baelish is second in line, but holds all the power. If his ultimate goal is the Iron Throne, it doesn't matter if Robin is Lord of the Vale, in fact it's probably better to have someone who's supremely loyal to you in place as a ruler of a major territory.

It will be much more interesting if Sansa falls for Baelish and agrees to marry him willingly, as opposed to her being forced into it and slinking back into to that listless hostage role.

At first I thought killing Lysa like that was an odd move since Robin retains claim to the Vale, but maybe that's how Littlefinger wants it. Tywin has proven time and again that influence can be every bit as effective as direct ownership. Like Tommen, Robin is little more as a figure head. Baelish is second in line, but holds all the power. If his ultimate goal is the Iron Throne, it doesn't matter if Robin is Lord of the Vale, in fact it's probably better to have someone who's supremely loyal to you in place as a ruler of a major territory.

I'd find it far more interesting is she pretended to be interested and had been planning her own revenge to kill him because he was the reason her father got called on as Hand of the King, and because Baelish betrayed Ned and sold him out.

Having Robin as Lord of the Vale will be a bad move and one that I bet Littlefinger won't risk, all he has to do is say Uncle Petyr is annoying me, make him fly. Poof, Baelish is dead.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'd find it far more interesting is she pretended to be interested and had been planning her own revenge to kill him because he was the reason her father got called on as Hand of the King, and because Baelish betrayed Ned and sold him out.

Having Robin as Lord of the Vale will be a bad move and one that I bet Littlefinger won't risk, all he has to do is say Uncle Petyr is annoying me, make him fly. Poof, Baelish is dead.
I think baelish will be happy to keep him around as a figurehead and scapegoat while being the one running the show. Lysa had alienated pretty much the entire vale so I doubt the kid would have any real power to stop him.

Nameless

She's not aware that Littlefinger betrayed Ned best I can tell. But The Hound saw it first hand, and he's on his way to The Vale so there's a good chance she'll find out.

True. Robin is unstable, but Baelish always has the ability to rise up in his place whenever he gets out of line.

Vashetti

Banned
Just caught up

Sansa slapping Robin made me shout "YES!"

That entire Eyrie sequence was wonderful. Bye bye Lysa!

Kiss was icky though.

Except the only person who knew about that is dead. I don't think anyone will ever know that Littlefinger is behind Ned Stark being sent to King's Landing. I think it's far more likely that Sansa will fall in love with him. She's been tormented and held captive ever since her father was killed. No man other than Littlefinger has shown her kindness, except for Tyrion, but she was forced to marry him and he was a Lannister. Littlefinger, even before saving her from Cersei's wrath after he killed the King, had already shown her kindness and affection. The seeds were planted. Not only has he killed Joffrey to Sansa's delight, he has now killed batshit aunt Lysa who tried to off her own niece. In Sansa's eyes, Petyr Baelish is the only good man she's known. The fact that he was madly in love with her mother only makes him more trustworthy. He would never harm her. Considering the circumstances, it would be unnatural for Sansa not to fall in love with him.

woen

lol@Daario taunting Jorah aka CaptainFriendzone after he fucked the true Queen "She's in a good mood". She was well dressed too.

The best parts are still Arya & The Hound. It's getting more and more interesting. I love how we discover all the sides of the characters by unexpected means/pairs. I love the landscapes where they are too.

Westeros is really small, I never expected seeing Hot Pie from Winterhell another time. Great way to introduce the future meeting between The Hound and Brienne.

The dialogue between Oberyn and Tyrion : really really great too. I love both their actors. Even I knew he wanted to be his champion.

Also, Winter is coming to the Eryie. And the stupid crazy little Robin may end flying through the Moon Door soon I hope. Like his crazy stupid mother.
This had to happen :

Jibbed

lol@Daario taunting Jorah aka CaptainFriendzone after he fucked the true Queen "She's in a good mood". She was well dressed too.

The best parts are still Arya & The Hound. It's getting more and more interesting. I love how we discover all the sides of the characters by unexpected means/pairs. I love the landscapes where they are too.

Westeros is really small, I never expected seeing Hot Pie from Winterhell another time. Great way to introduce the future meeting between The Hound and Brienne.

The dialogue between Oberyn and Tyrion : really really great too. I love both their actors. Even I knew he wanted to be his champion.

Also, Winter is coming to the Eryie. And the stupid crazy little Robin may end flying through the Moon Door soon I hope. Like his crazy stupid mother.
This had to happen :

..err, wrong thread?

zkylon

zkylewd
i really like the oberyn vs the mountain duel story, i think that's a pretty cool and fun turn of events, glad to see it unfold like that rather than making something lame like i thought they would by making bromm and jaime fight or something

Sendero

Baelish said that it was always preferable to have allies that had common sense and/or were easily predictable. Robin is neither, so unless he got full powers after marrying Lysa, I wonder if he will try to manipulate the kid or make him disappear.

Somehow, Sansa bitchslap scene make you wonder if he will fully snap at some point (or fall in love with her, don't know). Might be Littlefinger's downfall.

Also, I know the Eyrie is in the mountains, but if it's just starting to snow there, well, that's some heavy foreshadowing.

In any case, Melisandre red-godly breasts were quite a sight.

JB1981

To me it seemed while the kiss caught Sansa off guard, she rolled with it. She didn't grimace or pull back, she closed her eyes and went for it. Out of context it looks just like a normal first kiss between two people with mutual feelings for each other.

GOT11-1.gif

She is a glutton for punishment.

Oberyn is too new to die. We don't like him enough yet.

Gaf seems absolutely in love with the man.

I'd go so far as to say his death would hurt most people worse if it happened now than if it happened two seasons from now. It's still the honeymoon period, not the "fuck it, valar morghulis" period.

Violet_0

Banned
The current mountain really is a beast. They should just keep this one around and stop changing it every season. Just like we had a million different Bobby's on Mad Men and we're on the second Daario in this show.

I don't think the Mountain will be around for much longer :)

I recognize the new Mountain, he's the strong man champion from Iceland. Saw him in a Vice video recently

Booties

Banned
Baelish said that it was always preferable to have allies that had common sense and/or were easily predictable. Robin is neither, so unless he got full powers after marrying Lysa, I wonder if he will try to manipulate the kid or make him disappear.

Somehow, Sansa bitchslap scene make you wonder if he will fully snap at some point (or fall in love with her, don't know). Might be Littlefinger's downfall.

Also, I know the Eyrie is in the mountains, but if it's just starting to snow there, well, that's some heavy foreshadowing.

In any case, Melisandre red-godly breasts were quite a sight.

Robyn is a pretty messed up kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he just latched onto Petyr and let him rule in his name.

I was also trying to explain to my gf that Bronn's plan to kill his new wife and become lord parallels Petyr in that he can kill Lysa and become the lord of the vale, completely shutting Robyn out. I'm not sure if this was the show trying to explain the culture and rules of Westeros or if I'm thinking too far into things. Either way, a complete rewatch is in order since we have the week off.

Nibel

Robin needs to get his ass kicked through the moon door as well. I mean one can think he's in love with that fucking thing after hearing all his dialogue

wildfire

Banned
I obviously want Oberyn to win...but this season has been too good already for the "good guys." Is this going to be the "what the fuck" moment of this season? Oberyn dies and then Tyrion dies. That would kill me.

Come on. It's always a Starks who dies if they want to go for the jugular.

Hopefully the pecking order is Snow, Bran, Arya, Sansa then Rickun for last (because he is too forgettable to be attached to him).

I just want to say one thing,

Little Finger continues to be an amazing character. His ascension these last 2 seasons have been amazing to watch. If you go back and watch the first 3 seasons, it makes every one of his scenes that much more telling.

Yes Tyrian is great, but dude Baelish is my favorite.

Violet_0

Banned
Come on. It's always a Starks who dies if they want to go for the jugular.

Hopefully the pecking order is Snow, Bran, Arya, Sansa then Rickun for last (because he is too forgettable to be attached to him).

the younger Stark children all seem to be protected by plot armor. I don't see anyone of them dying (maybe Rickon because, ya know, whatever). I don't really think anything will happen to Snow either

just guessing, but I think the next major characters that are going to die are The Hound and Cersei. She doesn't really play any significant role anymore

What is up with the Mountain just slaughtering random dudes in King's Landing? The fuck is even happening? Seems like the producers just wanted this violent moment to remind us who he is, but in what reality do you just send dudes in to get murdered for no reason like that?

I would bet that is not in the book. "Clegane is in some kind of training session murdering random homeless people as Cersei approaches." Yeah doubt it.

they looked like prisoners to me. They were probably going to die anyway. That scene was hilarious

What is up with the Mountain just slaughtering random dudes in King's Landing? The fuck is even happening? Seems like the producers just wanted this violent moment to remind us who he is, but in what reality do you just send dudes in to get murdered for no reason like that?

I would bet that is not in the book. "Clegane is in some kind of training session murdering random homeless people as Cersei approaches." Yeah doubt it.

sangreal

could not agree more, and yeah I think it was just because of the recast forcing them to insert a reminder on who the mountain is. I did not think the scene worked on any level

So if Oberyn wants to kill the mountain so badly why hasn't he done so already? As second in line to be prince I'd assume he would have the resources to hunt him down?

Anyways great episode and super excited to see how the fight goes down... just sad that we have to wait 2 weeks.

Except the only person who knew about that is dead. I don't think anyone will ever know that Littlefinger is behind Ned Stark being sent to King's Landing. I think it's far more likely that Sansa will fall in love with him. She's been tormented and held captive ever since her father was killed. No man other than Littlefinger has shown her kindness, except for Tyrion, but she was forced to marry him and he was a Lannister. Littlefinger, even before saving her from Cersei's wrath after he killed the King, had already shown her kindness and affection. The seeds were planted. Not only has he killed Joffrey to Sansa's delight, he has now killed batshit aunt Lysa who tried to off her own niece. In Sansa's eyes, Petyr Baelish is the only good man she's known. The fact that he was madly in love with her mother only makes him more trustworthy. He would never harm her. Considering the circumstances, it would be unnatural for Sansa not to fall in love with him.
What? He killed the drunken fool and threw his aunt to the bottomless pit after swearing to all the Gods and his life that he would send Sansa away. From what she's seen, there's nothing at all trustworthy about him, other than him loving his mother and what seems to be affection for her now at the same time. I'm sure she's happy with him, don't get me wrong.. but I don't see how she can completely trust him. She's seen what a manipulating maestro he is.

So if Oberyn wants to kill the mountain so badly why hasn't he done so already? As second in line to be prince I'd assume he would have the resources to hunt him down?

Anyways great episode and super excited to see how the fight goes down... just sad that we have to wait 2 weeks.
Starts a war with the Lannisters, and then Kings Landing since Cersei has been the Queen this entire time. I would assume he doesn't want his country to go to war with several countries under Kings Landing's rule just for his revenge. Now he gets to do cleaner while throwing middle fingers to Tywin in the process.

Ithil

Because that would be murdering one of the Lannister's top Knights, and a bannerman. This way, he can completely legally kill the Mountain if he wins the duel with no consequences.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Do we know that a trial by combat is to the death? I kind of want both champions to survive plus tyrion, but Oberyn has been way to confident and smooth so far, I want to see him get knocked down a peg or two, not just cooly get his revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom