• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
What were Margaery's smart moves?

Aww Snap!
7yGoK9O.gif

Littlefinger himself.

She simply helped him killed Joffrey because he was an insufferable little shit and she did not want her granddaughter to marry him. That does not make her a pawn. I don't think she cares that Littlefinger wants to gain territory by marrying into power.

Sendero

The author was talking through Tyrion when he described Twyin as one of the most brilliant persons and certainly the most powerful man in whole Westeros. Well, he really is.

But I agree that him not playing the "people's game" (ie, trying to get their approval by smoke & mirrors) is a crass mistake. He never managed to mold his family to abide to his owns beliefs either. And more importantly, he has overplayed his cards several times, with 0 contingency plan:

King Robert - He spent all his money on Cercei's marriage. But never ensured power.
If Jofrey had turned a good boy, he would think himself as Baratheon.
What would he have done? Charge for the money lend?
Robert would have dismissed him swiftly. No time for jobbers.

King in the North - He fully dismissed Robb Stark initially. Yet knew that he had
multiple seasoned veterans behind. Tywin would have lost that war.

Red wedding - Allowing the massacre in such way.
As Tyrion said: "The North will never forget that"
- Entrusting the whole North to the Boltons. He really has no control on them.

The Trial - The "evidence" against Tyrion was enough already.
He didn't need to embarrass him with the whore witness thing.
Should have known how his son would react.

Finally, he knows that Tyrion is his only equal in intelligence. He could have used him as concelour, but in the shadows the whole life. But hold on the notion that he "killed" his wife. Which he knows is bollocks.

Vashetti

Banned
The way Tywin manipulated Tyrion's arrest to get everything he wanted is some of the most brilliant manuevering we've seen. As was the way
he bended Tommen to his will with a pop quiz. He immediately knew Arya was a girl. He's the only person in King's Land to see through Pycelle.. The man eviscerated the Robb Stark using nothing but a pen & a pad. Tywin Lannister is smarter than your favorite character

Honorable mention

-Baelish
-Varys
-Olenna
-Tyrion
-Margaery
-Melisandre

Cersei?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What were Margaery's smart moves?
Pretending to have a sadistic streak to placate and seduce Joffrey, offering the image of her brother to try and arouse Renly enough to give her a baby, appearing noble and generous in public in kings landing, that almost kiss instead of outright seduction of tommen.
She is really a chameleon, changing skins too suit her role. She got kings landing to like Joffrey, after they were ready to kill him not much before.

And_Boy

Pretending to have a sadistic streak to placate and seduce Joffrey, offering the image of her brother to try and arouse Renly enough to give her a baby, appearing noble and generous in public in kings landing, that almost kiss instead of outright seduction of tommen.
She is really a chameleon, changing skins too suit her role. She got kings landing to like Joffrey, after they were ready to kill him not much before.

Agree but still not in the league with others. Yet. Adaptive she is, although everyone tries to be adaptive (at least to survive).

When did she pretend to have a sadistic streak?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Somebody called Littlefinger dropping that coocoo lady down the moon door a n00b move. I don't. She was batshit crazy and unpredictable as hell, which meant shit could (and most definitely would) go sideways at any given moment. He did what he had to do. He probably wanted to kill her anyway, but things escalated a bit sooner than he anticipated.

Now THAT KISS was a n00b move.

And how come we aren't talking about Melisandre's titties? Those things are prime.

Jibbed

Somebody called Littlefinger dropping that coocoo lady down the moon door a n00b move. I don't. She was batshit crazy and unpredictable as hell, which meant shit could (and most definitely would) go sideways at any given moment. He did what he had to do. He probably wanted to kill her anyway, but things escalated a bit sooner than he anticipated.

Now THAT KISS was a n00b move.

And how come we aren't talking about Melisandre's titties? Those things are prime.

That kiss, and I bet even 'coocoo lady' seeing it in the first place, was a planned move.

Sendero

Tywin Lannister is smarter than your favorite character

Honorable mention

-Baelish
-Varys
-Olenna
-Tyrion
-Margaery
-Melisandre
I would not include Melisandre there. She has shown weakness and lack of foresight a few times. Margeary is more of a cunning person.

My theory is that Maester Pycelle will be in that list. He has been in all the seasons, playing a seemingly irrelevant character. But he has survived 3 councils, seen and knows a lot, has not clear alliances, and no one really suspect of him for anything.

Yet, Joffrey's assassination clearly required and expert on venoms. And so far, only Oberyn and him match his description. Don't think anyone would be surprised for such revelation.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I wonder who the Mountain was killing there, I would guess prisoners.

As crap-sack as World of Thrones is, I don't think they chained up Joesephus, He Who Smelteth That Which Was Dealteth, just to have some meathead to beat him to death with an I-beam.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Agreed, Melisandre's body is notable. There's still something about her face that prevents me from calling her "Hot" though. Maybe too mature for a youngin' like myself.

Her "mature" appearance is part of what makes her attractive to me. She can have my smoke babies anytime she wants.

She pretended to be into Joffrey's crossbow and weirdness when she was clearly disturbed by him.

I apologize if I'm being dense, but I'm rewatching Season 3 and I just watched this scene.

She asks Joffrey if he'd like to watch her kill someone with the crossbow.

A few eps later we see poor Ros dead in Joff's room via crossbow.
All this time I just assumed Joffrey did it, but am I supposed to believe he finally got to fulfill his sick fetish by having Marg kill Ros? Am I just over-thinking this?

I apologize if I'm being dense, but I'm rewatching Season 3 and I just watched this scene.

She asks Joffrey if he'd like to watch her kill someone with the crossbow.

A few eps later we see poor Ros dead in Joff's room via crossbow.
All this time I just assumed Joffrey did it, but am I supposed to believe he finally got to fulfill his sick fetish by having Marg kill Ros? Am I just over-thinking this?

you are entirely overthinking it

you are entirely overthinking it

ok.
It just crossed my mind, because based on other scenes throughout the series, Joffrey seems like the type of sick shit that enjoys watching other people do disgusting acts simply due to his command.
For Marg to ask him "would you enjoy watching me, your Grace" (or something along those lines) in reference to killing someone with a crossbow, it just made me think about it on rewatch. :p

Agreed, Melisandre's body is notable. There's still something about her face that prevents me from calling her "Hot" though. Maybe too mature for a youngin' like myself.

Her "mature" appearance is part of what makes her attractive to me. She can have my smoke babies anytime she wants.

Carice Van Houten is stunning. She's also good at making me like a character I should really be hating on.

Sendero

You are late to the party. I find her body refreshing, when compared to other characters in the series. Plus, the rack is real.

Oddly enough, Carice (the actress) looks quite different with her normal hair. And she seems to get a long fine with Stannis and Ser Davos. "We joke, the three of us, about doing a fun spinoff called Melissa, Dave and Stanley, a lighthearted supernatural rom-com.

I'm pretty touchy on spoilers, even the predictions bother me a bit. I don't know if people are "fake predicting" just to beat the spoiler system, so I think I'll take my leave.

Yeah it sounds like you need to get off the internet. Not sure why speculation is 'beating the system' but whatever.

Yeah it sounds like you need to get off the internet. Not sure why speculation is 'beating the system' but whatever.

He's not saying that speculation is beating the system, he's talking about people who actually know future events through reading the books and pretending they are only making speculation, of which I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) actual cases have occurred in this thread.

If this were Game of Racks, she would most likely be on the throne

Only because Ros is dead

He's not saying that speculation is beating the system, he's talking about people who actually know future events through reading the books and pretending they are only making speculation, of which I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) actual cases have occurred in this thread.

Only because Ros is dead

Well if you're so paranoid of that then avoid the internet? Seems like a simple solution.

I personally don't care if someone is posting future events under the disguise of a prediction because there's no way of me knowing what they post is true until the show airs and I don't see how you can police that or judge true intent. It also won't 'ruin' the show for me, I think I'll live if I read something online and it actually ends happening. If someone was blantanty leaving spoilers untagged, that would be a different story though.

This is just my opinion and I will probably be in the minority on this.

I'm going to guess it's because so far every time a mystery crops up, eventually the discussion in here just so happens to come up with the correct theory.

Well, there are a large number of people that participate in this thread, I don't think it's crazy to think that somebody could correctly predict what is going to happen without knowing future events. If there's people in here being jerks and posting spoilers that's messed up but I don't see how you can police this. The best thing to do is avoid the internet entirely if you want to ensure nothing is spoiled. That's all I'm trying to say.

Well, there are a large number of people that participate in this thread, I don't think it's crazy to think that somebody could correctly predict what is going to happen without knowing future events. If there's people in here being jerks and posting spoilers that's messed up but I don't see how you can police this. The best thing to do is avoid the internet entirely if you want to ensure nothing is spoiled. That's all I'm trying to say.
If someone does that and gets caught or someone comes with a drive big spoiler like "Robb Stark dies" like season 3, I really hope they get perma banned. Need that Danny justice on those book readers. >:)

This and the a cast of kings podcast, seem to be the most spoiler free places in the internet. So far, mods have created a pretty good environment. I get mad when book readers even insinuate what may or may not happen, let along blatantly spoiling it. -_- Had to stop listening to a youtuber because he kept saying this goes here or there.

I wonder if Breanna and Pod will meet Sansa or Arya
or both, please let the Starks meet at like episode 10, I beg of you GRRM

Curufinwe

So the Cast of Kings podcast is 100% safe? The only GoT podcast I've heard is when the Grantland guys talk about it on Hollywood Prospectus and they have definitely never read the books.

I don't know why anyone who has read all the books would post in here at all. They have their own thread.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I know this is a thread about the show, but I saw it mentioned a few days back about the GoT game on PS3. Right now, it's on sale for $4.99 on PlayStation Store for those that may be interested.

Braag

I know this is a thread about the show, but I saw it mentioned a few days back about the GoT game on PS3. Right now, it's on sale for $4.99 on PlayStation Store for those that may be interested.

I've heard the games are pretty bad :/

I have faith in the Telltale GoT game though.

B.O.O.M

Tyrion and the Prince of Dorne has to be the most exciting duo/partnership in this story so far for me. Can't wait for the next episode

Vashetti

Banned
Dany really pissed me off in this episode.

She knows exactly how Jorah feels about her and yet she continues to toy with his emotions.

She pretends she's a nice person but she really isn't. I see more and more of the qualities of her brother in her with each passing episode.

Dany really pissed me off in this episode.

She knows exactly how Jorah feels about her and yet she continues to toy with his emotions.

She pretends she's a nice person but she really isn't. I see more and more of the qualities of her brother in her with each passing episode.

I don't think she knows. I haven't seen anything hinting at her knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom